queennbm Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the site! Please don't take the questions personally as every member gets them, especially if they are operating out of their home. The questions are to eliminate the crafters from the professional florists.

When I started here, I also operated a home based business. I have since moved to a commerical space, but still only do event flowers. I was also met with resistance at first, but have found that the more I chime in and the more I demonstrate that we are a professional company, the more I have gotten out of this site.

Your designs do show great potential. I wish you the best of luck and hope you will stick around!

Hello, once again the applicant has NOT answered pertinent questions and has been voted as a member.
This is a residential "event" florist with questionable mechanics - plain and simple............. who has not answered whether business taxes are paid, are in a commercially zoned area and adheres to business laws.
?????????????

Yes, the applicant DID answer the questions that were posed in the intro. As Sprout said, if there are more questions that need to be answered, they should be asked when they register. Plain and simple.

Reactions: 2 people
I am going to interject here as well. First of all, Queenbm - While it may have appeared to be confrontational.....I can assure you, nothing could be further from the truth. FlowerChat.com membership is composed of professionals working within the floral industry. Speaking for myself, I have no objection to a home based business as long as that business is operated as a legitimate business......which yours is.

When I joined FlowerChat, I was working as a designer/employee in a retail shop. Since that time, I have gone from a retail shop, to a freelance designer based out of my home, to my current postion as a designer at a home decor superstore working in their permanent botanical dept.

The reason for the vetting process is to help to ensure that we as professionals are able to share our knowledge, skills, business knowledge, suppliers, tips, tricks of the trade, and the like with other professionals.

I hope you do become a valued, contributing member, this is a difficult, perilous, tenous, uncertain time for the professional floral industry so we as true professionals, who have made this industry our career need a place where we can exchange information that will help us to survive this difficult environment.

I have no idea how this place even works. I didn't know about votes or anything. A fellow florist friend told me to register because I could find some answers to some questions. She thought I might benefit from a variety of answers. It's hard not to take a full frontal attack personally. Thanks for your kind words. :)

Queen, I visited your website before voting (I voted yes by the way). However, if you had answered who had told you about Flowerchat all this kerfuffle would be moot.

Welcome. This is a great place because we take great care in making sure our membership remains reasonably professional.

Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions although I don't really need or want to see your tax returns... I have enough trouble understanding mine.

V

Yes, the applicant DID answer the questions that were posed in the intro. As Sprout said, if there are more questions that need to be answered, they should be asked when they register. Plain and simple.

Those of us who participate more regularly in the vetting process generally ask more questions, particularly with home based business. This is not new to us, but it's perhaps new to others.

We asked some questions, they went unanswered. Like I said, had Queen actually told us the name of the person who recommended her, rather than the rather vague referral of a florist on Twitter, none of these postings would be necessary.

V

Why don't we change the referal question slightly. Rather than just how did you hear about Flowerchat.......perhaps it should have added to it....If you were refered by a fellow member of FlowerChat, tell us who refered you?

Thom, that rather defeats the vetting process doesn't it? We don't have a wide open door policy here.

V

V, what does your question have to do with Queen? This is her intro right? Would someone please start a vetting thread so we can hash this out elsewhere?

I was merely responding to you Thom. And I'll not participate in yet another vetting thread.

V

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.