RC "Expelled"??? (no)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ludicrous as it is, he's been challenged many times on his theories here.

I'e pretty much been of the opinion that you can't argue with success (without looking like a nimrod that is)

No coffee yet, but I stand by my statement that the board needs him and more like him. We were quite "lucky" to have a florist of that stature post here.

I understand Goldie's point, but I still find it silly to purport that he needs this board.

I understand Goldie's point, but I still find it silly to purport that he needs this board.

If he doesn't need the board then I guess he has made the correct choice for him.

V

Reactions: 1 person
The problem is, at least in the last few months, aside from a contest ethics debate, did anyone really challenge RC on a floral issue? It seems your theory may have carried over from his company into FC as well.

edit: it did appear he experimented with monoflorals
This is exactly what I think the problem is.

I have respect for him as a business person. It would seem his business is successful beyond imagination. Good for him.

he threatened to leave in that new member thread. I think the design competition pushed him over the edge. He saw the end results one way and felt cheated and he was challenged on his opinion and he didn't like that he didn't get his way.

I, for one am amazed by this.

I'm suppose to be the "sensitive" one. I will admit that I was very upset at the start of the competition thread. But I thought about it, and after everyone was so excited and it seemed the competition was going to be taken in a lighthearted way, I decided I would take it lighthearted as well.

Accusing someone of cheating is serious. Publicly saying another shop owner is unethical is serious.
Also, making a statement that AIFD is a one upmanship club is just plain out of line. And insulting to the AIFD organization and it's members.

I hope he gives it all more thought and comes back to FC. If he decides not to, well farewell RC. It was nice to have him here while it lasted.

BTW, has anyone noticed Joe hasn't been around?? I miss Joe too, but if he decides to stay away for whatever reason, I hope our paths cross again someday.

Even though I don't always agree with these two members, I enjoy reading what they have to say, and I have learned a lot from both of them.

Reactions: 2 people
Shannon, I agree.

V

The problem is, at least in the last few months, aside from a contest ethics debate, did anyone really challenge RC on a floral issue?

Not many, but there have been some. And I'm sure it helped him to think harder, even though he may not realize it. That's the beauty of debate; i.e., it forces you to re-examine your reasoning. And quite often, you discover that your rational isn't as sound as you once believed it is.

Of course his contribution to this board will be missed, if he really leaves (which I doubt).

No, Joe left too. Which is also a bummer cause he had good stuff to share. Actually I know he still would but you'd have to call his store.

No, Joe left too. Which is also a bummer cause he had good stuff to share. Actually I know he still would but you'd have to call his store.

When did Joe leave, and why? How did I miss that?

Palms, Joe is Joe Mioux.

I really don't know details, someone told me about it in a general way. It was a couple weeks ago I think.

I'e pretty much been of the opinion that you can't argue with success (without looking like a nimrod that is).

I've been meaning to ask this question for a long, long time.... What is the definition of a "successful business person"?

I think it's undefinable. In fact I think it's a meaningless concept.

A "successful business person" can turn into a complete failure overnight, as we have seen it lately. And all the sudden, this person's opinions don't matter any more, even though s/he remains the same person.

People in this country give way too much credit to a person(s) who runs a "successful" business, which usually means a "big" business.

I'm not trying to discredit RC; let me be clear on that.

But imagine that you were a single mom florist with three kids to take care of. Your disposable resources (time and money) are quite limited to begin with, as you weren't born into a family florist. Yet you work hard day and night for 20 years in a tiny little flower shop, and somehow manage to send your kids to college.

Success? Yes. Does her opinions matter? Of course it does. Does anyone listens to her? Questionable.

well it ain't meaningless to me, Goldie.

Old Grateful Dead line - "I can tell your future - just look what's in your hand."

I've been meaning to ask this question for a long, long time.... What is the definition of a "successful business person"?

A "successful business person" can turn into a complete failure overnight, as we have seen it lately. And all the sudden, this person's opinions don't matter any more, even though s/he remains the same person.

People in this country give way too much credit to a person(s) who runs a "successful" business, which usually means a "big" business.

I'm not trying to discredit RC; let me be clear on that.

But imagine that you were a single mom florist with three kids to take care of. Your disposable resources (time and money) are quite limited to begin with, as you weren't born into a family florist. Yet you work hard day and night for 20 years in a tiny little flower shop, and somehow manage to send your kids to college.

Success? Yes. Does her opinions matter? Of course it does. Does anyone listens to her? Questionable.
that was a great post! Rock on brother! (even though I know you hate that!)

Sorry didn't knock my socks off.

I'm not wearing any.

I think I'd call it dancing around a silly topic, at least in this context.

I think I'd call it dancing around a silly topic, at least in this context.

Yes, and are we going to beat another horse to death, do you think?

Beating this horse just a little bit more...poor horse :(

It may be meaningless to you, but not to the majority that reside in a capitalistic country.

Sure there are intrinsic values in a career that go beyond money, but those values don't pay the bills. I think it's only logical to learn from the success and failures of a "successful business person".

"I've been rich and I’ve been poor -- and believe me, rich is better" -Sophie Tucker

The single mom of three should be commended and definitely listened to. If she was able to support herself and put three kids through college, I would say her shop isn't so "tiny" anymore, at least in revenues.

With all that said, I really think we are analyzing this way, way too much.

If RC really left, he will be missed.

Yes, I'm certain he will be missed. But, you know what, there are so many other members here who have much to contribute. I prefer to concentrate on their continued participation.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.