SAF and their stand on Order Gathering

For the record: I dropped my SAF membership yesterday when they called to switch me from FTD billing to direct. Main reason: Lack of balls to take on deception. (translates into, if we do not acknowledge it and fight it, it does not exist)

Mark,

Are the wire services stopping the collections of membership dues for SAF?

Helen,

Oberer's is a very big sender. At one point not too many years ago they were both TF Top 50 and FTD Top 100 on an annual basis. The labour required to manually transfer those orders is unimaginable.

Rob,

Any plans to switch your volume to MAS Direct instead of FTD? If so, how's that working out?

Ryan,

You're right our outgoing volume is too high to consider dropping the wire service. As you know there are also a number of business reasons for us to continue.

As for considering other options those ideas are always a football. Randy and Greg are constantly kicking ideas around.

On another note does anyone here who is SAF believe that Flowers Sent Today is good representation for retail florists on the Board of SAF?

Reactions: concord
I was one who had stopped being a member of SAF, but a few months ago I decided to rejoin. The reason is simple, I have a much better chance of being heard if I am a member than if I am not.

I have never been to SAF convention so I don't really know what all of that is about, I'm guessing I would not be welcome since I generally have green fingers too.

But I don't care! Being a member means that I have the RIGHT to say what I think; now, I just have to go ahead and say it.

As far as Peter's Q&A regarding the article that started this thread, it left me a cold. It seemed more like a children's program dialogue than serious answers to serious questions.

Reactions: ROBSWF and pdxdoug
On another note does anyone here who is SAF believe that Flowers Sent Today is good representation for retail florists on the Board of SAF?
Actually, it's ***technically*** not FST on the board, but Maris Angiola from "Karins" that's on the board. Her brother(?) is the dude who runs FTS, Laurens and a slew of other deceptive sites. All with misleading addresses, fake locations and more. So ***technically*** SAF has a rebuttal to this argument, whether we agree with it or not.

I disagree with it, so I spoke with the only voice I have in this debate, and that was to discontinue my membership. Honestly, SAF does NOT care about what I see as the main issue facing our industries profit margins, and IMO are playing the game from the bench rather than being the quarterback on the field.

As far as Peter's Q&A regarding the article that started this thread, it left me a cold. It seemed more like a children's program dialogue than serious answers to serious questions........

I also called Tele to drop my SAF..........................cold, cold, cold.....