Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
THe hospital administration phone me today to tell me that the hospital is NOT accepting any deliveries from no one or any visitors for at least 2 weeks because of SARS. It seem the ministry of health is doing this to all Hospital in Ontario. No one will be allowed to visit patients unless they are critically ill. No flower delivery allowed since there won't be no extra staff or volunteers to do them. It is the same with one of the Manor that is beside the hospital. THe other two so far are able to operate with deliveries etc.
I will loose sales now and I could only hope I will be able to deliver at Easter time.
Is your town affected also with this decision?
Better check your hospital.
Luc:confused:

Here too Luc...all hospitals in Ontario is my understanding of the situation...

Yes, it's all over Canada in fact about floral deliveries to hospitals.

There is 18 people taken from Peterborough area to Toronto as reported in the Peterborough Examiner yesterday.

Sure hope the wind doen't blow west towards Detroit....

SARS needs 2 week quaritine time..could be a bad Easter

See what I mean Shel...I watch CNN every day, and this is the first I heard of SARS close to home...:confused:

Boss...I watch CNN also, but they don't cover Canada a lot...unless you read the crawl...;)

yep here to in our hosp.. for at least 10 days!!!!.. joanne

SAR's has NOT contaminated ALL health units,

as has been assumed,BUT, hospital administrators, especially in the Hamilton area, have decided on caution, BEFORE due diligence, BEFORE taking a chance.
Deliveries of flowers,or ANYTHING not required, has been banned as of NOON today, until further notice!!
This is NOT a funny flu epidemic, but a highly drug tolerant infection of the breathing airways, that chronically "attaches" itself to the mucous membranes, much like pneumonia, BUT, multplies at a much more alarming rate, quicker than your body's immune system can react.
This SHOULD and MUST BE the ONLY course of action..especially in our health care system, with many of our families at risk!!
Remember, even a HIGH tolerance to illness DOES NOT preclude you from getting this sickness!!
Take EXTRA precautions...clean, clean, clean, disinfect!!!!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.