Announcement Several bits of news....and a plea for help.

RWK

Jun 3, 2007
San Antonio
State / Prov
Texas
First of all - Whoever was kind enough to pay a quarterly subscription for me.....Ryan told me there was an anonymous donor who did this.......Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Next thing, For the past couple of months, I have been living in a literal hell. The 'friends' I thought they were have turned into the bitterest of enemies. It is to the point that I want nothing more than to escape from the place I live with nothing more than my few belongings, my dog, and my life intact. There have been times during this past couple of months when I have been in fear for my very life, afraid to go to sleep for fear that I would be killed in my sleep. I have been too terrified to act because I am in a place with NO one to lean on. I have suffered in silence.

I never dreamed that my wish for a better life could have gone this way.

It is through you, my florist friends that I seek help as my roommates are not florists and have no idea how to access flowerchat.

What?!? Not sure where you are now, Rick, but get out of there and find some help. A church, a 12 step group, a shelter, a therapist. . . someone you can talk to and get your bearings. You don't have to find a big-paying job right now. Stop chasing the money just for a little while so you can get centered again. Find a SAFE place to stay and do something that helps other people. Maybe ring a bell for Salvation Army for the next few weeks. You have had a rough time lately, but you can get through this.

do you remember this thread?

What?!? Not sure where you are now, Rick, but get out of there and find some help. A church, a 12 step group, a shelter, a therapist. . . someone you can talk to and get your bearings. You don't have to find a big-paying job right now. Stop chasing the money just for a little while so you can get centered again. Find a SAFE place to stay and do something that helps other people. Maybe ring a bell for Salvation Army for the next few weeks. You have had a rough time lately, but you can get through this.

do you remember this thread?

Ricky, I don't "know" what you're running from, or trying to run towards, but, Kynda, has nailed it squarely on the head. I watched my brother chase after non existent dreams, then hit a very dangerous decline!

Ricky, my thoughts & prayers are with you right now. You've got to reach down & grab that inner strength we all know is there. If you have any money at all, get out of there. If not, go to any local church thay may able to help you. You think you're lost right now, but things change quickly (you know this) Hang in there and know we're all here for you.

I have no money at the moment.....and with the exception of my dog....who was actually Mom's dog and I can't let him go ....cause I promised her I'd take care of him...All my possessions could fit in the back of a pick-up truck. I am in Austin Texas and I know no one here and do not know how or where to even begin to try and get help. I am working at least......that is something......

Ricky,
The Church, Salvation army or a local government support agency can help you get emergency shelter. Get the dog and your stuff packed and get out of danger first, then one step at a time life will fall back together....I PROMISE! We are all here for a shoulder to cry on anytime....But get out of harms way!

Reactions: kynda
OMG, Ricky....what the heck is going on???

Everyone is right...go to a ymca or a hospital and see if there is some sort of help they can get you...Just explain that you left your home with friends and let them know you now know you made a huge mistake and you are in fear for your life and need help...let them know about your employment and financial situation...The Y is usually great for situations like this, not sure about the dog though...that is a tough one...Please keep us informed about your progress even if you have to go to the library and give us a quick post....if I had a dime I would send it along, but all I currently have is a ear to lend and prayers to send...I do hope things start looking up for you...

What kind of car do you have?
If it's newer- trade it in for a used car, get some cash from the trade and go back home.

Wow, what happened?
You can call me, collect, if you want to hear a friendly voice, Rick.
Also, I am looking to hire someone new, starting first of January, if you want a change of scenery.
First, get safe, then make a plan to move on to the next step in your life.
Oh, and give thanks that you didn't end up investing with them...that would have made your nightmare even worse.
JP

I am trying to get safe..........first of all......I do not have a car to trade in........I would love to work with you Joanne, if there was a way for me to get up there. I would be willing to trade a salary right now just for a place for me and the dog to live without worry and at least one good meal a day. That's how desperate I am. If there was a way for me to get up there Joanne today, I'd start tomorrow.

Ricky are you in Portland, is that not where dazeal is or JB and Twi? Could you not call him/them and ask him where you should go for help. I really feel for you mate, and saying prayers that you will get yourself somewhere safe. Have you any family who could send you some money to get your back to where your roots are?? Then you could get yourself up to Joanne and work with her. This is heartbreaking to listen to Ricky and i feel helpless. Please keep on checking in here to let us know that you are safe mate.

ahhhh - his profile says portland, just grasping at straws. Is there anyone on this board who is from there?? I am hopeless with Geography and have no idea who is near each other really...

ahhhh - his profile says portland, just grasping at straws. Is there anyone on this board who is from there?? I am hopeless with Geography and have no idea who is near each other really...
Texas is in the Southern part of the USA right in the middle, and it is HUGE. Bigger than all of the UK I think. Oregan is far northwest, almost to Canada, one state south.

Ricky I don't know anybody in Austin- wish I could help you buddy.
There was that one girl- I think her shop was called "make scents"? She used to be on FC- but not sure anymore. Maybe she can use your help for christmas.

Tammie is in Dallas..........about three plus hours away by car. There is no one here that I can find willing to help.......

Ricky, I'm going to ask you a tough question. I know it's a public forum but at this point that doesn't matter.

Have you thought about ending your life? There is no point in beating around the bush... it's an important question.

V

Reactions: kynda
1-800-SUICIDE
1-800-784-2433 1-800-273-TALK
1-800-273-8255

http://suicidehotlines.com/texas.html

My dear... even if you haven't had that thought, the above numbers are important. They offer help.

I send hugs.

V

I have not got that down and out yet to consider that..........primarily because of my little dog and the fact that I am his provider.

but my psychotic roomate destroyed my phone......By some miracle, I've been able to keep the computer intact. I have not had the time, money, nor the opportunity to replace my phone.

Reactions: Victoria
Then go to a pay phone and call the numbers Rick. They will have useful information to help you becomoe proactive in this mess.

I'm grateful to your wee dog.

V

Reactions: Palms