Showcase your Holiday Designs :o)

Ozzyblooms

Jul 22, 2005
Wollongong
www.mcandrewsflorist.com.au
State / Prov
NSW
I know it may be a little early yet...but Im hoping to see a thread (like the Wedding designs one ) with some of of FC's Christmas designs and ideas, I'm sure we can all use a bit of inspiration at this time of the year, and we'd love to see whats trendy and innovative.

Hoping if you have time in the coming weeks you can all post some pics.

Just a thought, Thanks
:idear::spin:flower:

I have done some and to be honest with you I am not that pleased with them, I am going to do some more to replace some and try to get better photographs.

www.about-flowers.co.uk - click on christmas designs :)

Sandy, those are lovely btw, and your pics look so professional!!

Great idea, this will keep us inspired to take photos during the season.
here is a few I have right now. I also thought it would be cool to show
other than just fresh designs, but , to include living (Plants) designs too.
We sell a lot of plants, but, try to present them a bit differently.
What's hot right now are terraniums amd succulents.
Flower Balls.jpg

Holiday Dish!.jpg

holiday succulent.jpg

book ends.jpg

terranium.jpg

View attachment 8430

View attachment 8431

View attachment 8432

View attachment 8433

View attachment 8434

Dore,

Love the dish with the orbs in it!

Sandy

Dore, I must know, those fabulous half orbs? I want em real bad. Real bad, thats the coolest thing I have ever seen you did. Private me if your shy.

Dore, I must know, those fabulous half orbs? I want em real bad. Real bad, thats the coolest thing I have ever seen you did. Private me if your shy.
Thom, actually, they are a whole ball, but, you got me thinking, should I be using
half of an orb? I guess I like the whole ball, y'know?

Love your terrariums, especially the bookend designs. Where did you find those containers? Do you have a source for the books you can share?Your little holiday touches are simple but festive; nicely accenting the distinctive shapes of the succulents.

We are featuring mixed succulent terrariums similar to your round ones, cactus gardens in various low dishes, as well as traditional terrariums and Wardian cases filled with ferns and other tropical greenery.

Everyday planters are still outselling these specialty pieces, but interest is developing and we are selling enough that we'll continue to carry them.

Reactions: Twila and marigold
This is some of what I did for my Town Hall. This is a 20' tree and so loved adding the green color to spice up the wreaths and tree.christmas 09 252.jpg

christmas 09 258.jpg

Fresh design for last nights opening of Deck the Halls within city hallchristmas 09 273.jpg

christmas 09 262.jpg
in the front entrance
christmas 09 218.jpg
Tree in entrance and table design have pineapples for welcome.
30 wreaths on outside windows, long streamers, 7 trees and the one 20'er out side. Thas just at town hall.The park opened last night too, have to down load shots later. At the last hour I was told I had to MC the stage cause the lady that does it was sick, went ok, I didn't fall down so all went well.My first time doing the intro for no other than Santa,haha.

View attachment 8430

View attachment 8431

View attachment 8432

View attachment 8433

View attachment 8434

LOVE< LOVE them!!

A couple of holiday designs from the November 2009 issue of Flowers& magazine:

"Have a Ball" by Tom Simmons AIFD
"Royal Red" by Lynne Moss AIFD, AAF, PFCI

Attachments

• HaveABall.jpg
    HaveABall.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Royal Red.jpg
    Royal Red.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 105
OK now this thread has a running start....add your designs folks.

I'm going to try and get some pictures today of some of the work being done at the pottery. We are so 'picked over' though. I can be honest, I am so surprised by how crazy this facet of the floral industry can be. I kid you not, Black Friday was insanely busy, Saturday even worse, and Sunday beat black friday and saturday COMBINED. We opened at 9 am and closed at 8 pm Friday and Saturday, 1:30 pm to 6 pm on Sunday. So, in a little less than five hours, we beat Friday and Saturday all day combined.

Reactions: 1 person
Well these are fall designs, but I wanted to get in on the fun so here they are. :cool: I offered these as classes (my first time to do it)... had 3 ladies do the pumpkin for $24, and 3 did the centerpiece for $52. They all requested Christmas classes, so I may be onto something fun here.

Attachments

• fall candle 2.jpg
    fall candle 2.jpg
    846.3 KB · Views: 39
  • fall pumpkin 2.jpg
    fall pumpkin 2.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 36
Well these are fall designs, but I wanted to get in on the fun so here they are. :cool: I offered these as classes (my first time to do it)... had 3 ladies do the pumpkin for $24, and 3 did the centerpiece for $52. They all requested Christmas classes, so I may be onto something fun here.

I like these both alot! great idea with the pumpkin on the pot.

My New EzCube Photo Tent

Ok, I finally decided to try the EzCube photo tent. I still need time to experiment with what looks best as far as lighting, camera settings, etc.

Note, I am also not using any Photoshop yet, & no tripod, so hopefully my images will get better looking with some time & practice ;)

I set up a spot in my shop to take quick photos for customers who want an email too. I had to settle for the 30" by 30" EZcube, since my shop is so small, so it's not good for taller designs, only small to medium arrangements. If you have the space go for the 40 by 40 size tent.

Anyway, I designed a few seasonal arrangements today. Will try to add more as the month goes on.

Attachments

• phladelphia flowers christmas delivery.jpg
    phladelphia flowers christmas delivery.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Tulips in galvanized red tin for delivery to philadelphia.jpg
    Tulips in galvanized red tin for delivery to philadelphia.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Spring for the holidays vase.jpg
    Spring for the holidays vase.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 101