Showcase your Holiday Designs :o)

My holiday design

This is one of the designs we are doing for the holidays......it has proven to be a big seller. People are liking this for something different than the traditional wreath or swag on a door.

It is a slightly damaged gilded picture frame.....with a foamcore backing, and flowers, ornaments, and an angel figurine attached forming a three-dimensional hanging design.

I have sold about 16 of these in the past month..in varying combinations of textures, materials, and color groupings......people are really embracing something a little different this year.

This is one of the last ones remaining in the store.

Attachments

• DSC01127.jpg
    DSC01127.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 124
Oh now Ricky, thats what I'm calling out side the box.I'm loving it. You just gave me an idea how to use the angles in the shop.They just never were a good fit to my Christmas designs.

Reactions: Connie
The techniques behind the frames are really deceptively simple. You take strips of styrofoam, cut to the same lengths as the frame sides ( taking into account the width of the styrofoam strips ) so that you have a square or rectangle of foam that is the same measurements on the outside as the frame. You glue them together, attach your foamcore backing ( get the foamcore sheets that are already in colors, makes the job easier ) to one side of the styrofoam box and attach the frame to the other side. BE SURE TO ATTACH A STRONG HANGER.

Then you arrange your florals and other materials in the confines of the box created by the frame.

These are a few snaps of "working on the website" designs.

Attachments

• 100_1574.JPG
    100_1574.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_1579.JPG
    100_1579.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_1581.JPG
    100_1581.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Traditional Triple.JPG
    Traditional Triple.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 87
Here is a few more pictures of seasonal designs I did today, & also had my son Max at shop this afternoon, I always love when he comes up to hang out!

Attachments

• IMG_2150.jpg
    IMG_2150.jpg
    813.5 KB · Views: 82
  • poinsettia pant garden philadelphia delivery.jpg
    poinsettia pant garden philadelphia delivery.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Crescent Style Seasonal Centerpiece.jpg
    Crescent Style Seasonal Centerpiece.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Belvedere Flowers Christmas Cube Vase.jpg
    Belvedere Flowers Christmas Cube Vase.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Tropical Christmas 2 by Belvedere Flowers.jpg
    Tropical Christmas 2 by Belvedere Flowers.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 91
I do so wish that those who bought the lime green decorations will buy into "different designs" than the traditional centerpieces. We rarely sell anything that isn't red, white, & green... although I do offer it. I'm actually keeping more trendy designs in our cooler and of course today I have someone looking for "long and low centerpiece with Christmas greens".............(in the back cooler all ready to go)

Nice designs!

Isn't the Advent Wreath made with 3 purple candles and one pink? I am only asking because I had a request for one by the bishop. I went to the catholic shop to pick up the candles and this was how the set came, prepackaged in a box mark for advent wreaths. I made the wreath with the 4 candles and delivered, the Bishop did not call screaming so I assumed I did it right.

Joan

These are a few snaps of "working on the website" designs.

Red Roses are very popular here at Christmas. So I decided to give them Glitz and Glamour! Seem to be selling very well. The men are loving them and so are the ladies. Something like this has been done a thousand times but customers are saying they have never seen anything like it. I just have to take a double, long bath at night to get all the glitter off of me...LOL

Also, the Advent Wreath.....according to some liturgical sources.......can be done.....although rarely....with all blue candles.

Most though use the purple and pink candles......depending on the particular faith though determines if the fifth center candle is white or another color.

Depends on the Sundays in Advent, this year 4 Sundays... and the pink for Christmas Eve.

I actually still had some fall roses and mums in great shape that I wanted to move. I added a few of them to red roses, white lilies and Christmas greens, and they seemed to make the traditional Christmas colors pop.

Christmas pictures are finally done and just need the descriptions to add to our site. Here are a few of this year's features...

The "flowers for girlfriends" thread started by Sarah inspired our High Heels Holiday which includes 3 shoe ornaments. :)

Attachments

• High-Heel-Holiday.jpg
    High-Heel-Holiday.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Holiday-Joy-Centerpiece.jpg
    Holiday-Joy-Centerpiece.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Luscious-Christmas.jpg
    Luscious-Christmas.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Shimmering-Winter-Centerpie.jpg
    Shimmering-Winter-Centerpie.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Tropical-Silver-Christmas.jpg
    Tropical-Silver-Christmas.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 104
Red Roses are very popular here at Christmas. So I decided to give them Glitz and Glamour! Seem to be selling very well. The men are loving them and so are the ladies. Something like this has been done a thousand times but customers are saying they have never seen anything like it. I just have to take a double, long bath at night to get all the glitter off of me...LOL

Fun! I started doing glitter roses this year, too. People seem to love them.

CHR
I love these designs (some of the nicest holiday designs I've seen this year). Really beautiful baubles (love the colours) and accessories. You have inspired me to buy some waxed apples and pears from my wholesalers in funky colours. I'm not sure if they will sell, it is an area that tends to buy natural designs - but in for a penny in for a pound. (They could do with a shake up).

Reactions: CHR
Christmas pictures are finally done and just need the descriptions to add to our site. Here are a few of this year's features...

The "flowers for girlfriends" thread started by Sarah inspired our High Heels Holiday which includes 3 shoe ornaments. :)

Cathy,
Those designs are fabulous! I'm always in awe of the all the designs you post. Thanks for sharing....to everyone....it's inspiring!

Sandy

Reactions: CHR
Paula ( Palms ) - In looking at your posted designs, I see something that is troubling. Your candles design. It appears as though the candle if it were lit would be too close to the other floral materials.

When it comes to candles in arrangements......I see where the flame end will be and make sure that I maintain at the least three fingers width between the candle flame and floral materials.....three fingers means you hold your middle three fingers together and the distance in any direction from the candle flame to floral materials is measured by the three fingers together.

Thanks for pointing that out Ricky. In this design, the candle is decorative only and i would be pointing that out to the customers. I have other designs where the candle could be lit. Just felt the candle gave it that extra christmas feel. :)