"Silly Mommy" stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read this installment I thought... oh, she's talking about Flowerchat (zoo). Then I thought, nah, she doesn't really know anything about Flowerchat. Then I read further, where the chimps... well you'll get the idea.

One more little sleep... thank goodness.

Please add prayers or whathaveyou to your diety of choice for a safe journey home to their friends and families. :)

I thank you.

V

Back in Nairobi after spending 3 nights in Entebbe including one night in a zoo. Yes that's right an actual zoo. Right beside the chimps. We invited them in for a drink but they just threw sh** at us.

Thanks for all the kind words (JP you can sign your own ass). I'm just happy it happened at the end of the journey and not the start. It's pretty painful but everyone is super kind. "Okay. Sorry Sorry" is what I hear about 191 times a day.

It's nice to be back at Wildebeest in my current state. They are taking good care of us and the office is like a mini market which is great because I can't make it to the actual market so all gifts are coming from here.

I may try to get on the computer later but if not I will see you all soon.
Thanks again!

Love
Me

Reactions: Rhonda
:) :) :):):):)

Indiana Joanie and Shawn, her wonderful cohort, have landed. They have tales to tell and pictures, oh my the pictures. I hope I can share them with you. :)

Thanks to all of your for following along with me.

V

Indiana Joanie and Shawn's arrival

Here are the shots from last night's arrival. Their plane was only 20 minutes late and they had no issues coming through customs... well except for foreign dirt on hiking boots.

Because they're not farmers they were told to clean their boots thoroughly before doing any more hiking.

I wish I had bet money on this, but I said to Bonny (Shawn's Mom) that a close second phrase out of their mouths would be "MacDonald's, need MacDonald's". We hit MD's so Shawn could have a Big Mac Meal and Alana could have her usual meatless Big Mac Meal with extra pickles and onions.

When we finally arrived home and got Alana up the front steps we watched their white water rafting video. Oh my gosh... they survived that wild ride and then that night we have a broken leg from dancing... wow.

They are glad to be home from a spectacular adventure. :)

V

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Indiana Joanie.jpg
    Indiana Joanie.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Pacman Shawn 09.jpg
    Pacman Shawn 09.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 9
  • The Arrivals 09.jpg
    The Arrivals 09.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Carol Bice
And here is her sourvenir from Uganda. I haven't seen a plaster cast in a long time.

She's off to the doctor tomorrow morning, unless we decide to go to emerge today.

V

Ugandan Souvenir 09.jpg

Lorrie, they're seriously thinking about Antarctica. The window of opportunity is narrower as they can only go during a certain period of time in the year... ice and all that. ;)

By the way, this is the first journey's end where they were genuninely grateful to live here. Apparently there is a lot of anti white discrimination all over Africa. They had to pay more than locals, got taxed on everything and so on. All foreigners have to buy Visas to stay in each country. Depending on where the foreigners are from determines the cost of the Visa. Canadians pay considerably less than Americans and Irish... go figure. Alana and Shawn paid $50.00 each... the other countries... $100.00.

Shawn said so many look at "whites" as a dollar sign.

Alana's hospital care, cast, crutches and drugs etc. carried a cost of $500.00 ( not much really and insurance will cover it), but they wouldn't touch her until they had money. Again, both said last night they were glad that doesn't happen here.

This trip, far more than the rest had different learning curves and experiences and affected both of them right to their souls.

V

What a wonderful journey. Victoria, thanks for bringing us all along. You can breathe a big sigh of relief now that your baby is home. Looking forward to your posting lots of photos. Also, I can't wait till we go to Antarctica!

I have posted Alana's albums on my Facebook profile. I don't know how to transfer them here. Any ideas? :)

Preeeety cool shots.

V

I have posted Alana's albums on my Facebook profile. I don't know how to transfer them here. Any ideas? :)

Preeeety cool shots.

V

you KNOW...the "sooner" Alana "gets well", the sooner she'll be off on ANOTHER adventure, and frankly, I'M completely out of breath ALREADY, just 'following" THIS one!!
Now Victoria....let's be sensible....YOU trying to give ME a heart attack??

:) I know Mike, believe me, I know.

I just want to post the pics so people here other than face book will be able to see them. Hopefully she'll get them on her blog soon.

V

Reactions: Rhonda
astounding.......Please tell Alana how much I appreciate seeing the beauty and the beast of this world we call Earth. And the pictures of the water, tis the most precious element most parts of Africa has or has lack of....

Status
Not open for further replies.