"Silly Mommy" stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victoria

Oct 31, 2002
London
State / Prov
Ontario
Yes, I admit it. My name is Victoria and I'm a "silly Mommy".

Today is the day I put Alana on a plane yet again. This time East Africa and Madagascar is the destination of choice... with a Killy climb for good measure. She and Shawn (thank goodness she's not going alone this time), are backpacking and camping for two months in Africa.

I'm a "silly Mommy" for worrying. I don't imagine there are many internet cafes in the Serengetii, so communications will be sparse at best.

Anyway my friends... if you wouldn't mind, please send all good energy their way for this next leg of their life's adventures (they're already planning for Antarctica). Oh, and for good measure, send a couple my way.

I thank you.

V

sending positive thoughts for safe & friendly travels.

and sleep-filled nights for the concerned mom - I imagine wine will help, boxed or bottled. ;)

Victoria,

I'm a silly Mommy too. I worry and miss my kids when they travel a state away. I'm sure that I don't have the "worrying energy" to think about one of them THAT far away. Bless your heart. Sending all the possitive energy your direction...and Alana's too.

You are not a silly Mommy...I worry too...can't help it. It comes with Motherhood
Sending you lot's of thoughts and energy for you and yours...The wine helps.
Becky

Worry everday about my darlings...it's a natural "Mommy" thing - and yes wine helps!! (no lectures Mark!)
Hopefully Alana will keep us just as amused as her last trips and geez, they do have satellite internet connections! lol
We're all with you V....
prayers for a safe and enjoyable safari and more...

She is taking her Itouch with her, but as she says, it only works if I can recharge it somewhere, there is wfi, and it doesn't get stolen.

They are landing in "Nairobbery" and have decoy money belts, cameras etc. Yeah, it's all good.

At anyrate they have promised to do what they can to keep in touch.

V

Not a silly Mommy at all, I would wonder if you did not worry to some extent. You raised a beautiful daughter who appreciates the world and has her mother to thank for her wings.

They're in the air. Ironic... Shawn's Mom and I arrived home exactly at their take off.

They were excited, anxious, shaking... Bonny and I, teary.

Now we wait.

I'm loading pics so I'll try and share them.

Thank you so much for the words and thoughts... they mean the world.

V

HI Victoria ,as a fully paid up member of the Silly Mummy Club I know exactly how you feel .I'm the same, always worrying about my 2 and then (crazy I know )I worry about worrying in case thats bad for them ,taking away their self confidence etc.
I send you and Alana all my love and best wishes for the trip of a lifetime ,safe ,exciting and happy .
You can always count on us at FC until the worry eases up.
Any news on your own trip for next year ?

You're not silly at all, I hope there are more open communications networks than they anticipate and you hear from them more often than you expect to.

This isn't a rehearsal, this thing we call life...What a wonderful life your daughter is living!

Yep, a glass of wine can be a good thing, why not?

Thinking of you!

Reactions: Palms
Alana wrote on Facebook...

"is in Kenya after a 30hr travel day and has no idea what day it is let alone what time it is so she is going to bed to let her body figure it out. She also would like her mom to inform Bonnie of the above because the net is pretty @@@@ slow as is her head at this point."

There are two silly Moms who will sleep better tonight as well.

V

I know FB is very slow at times here so I can imagine there... Thanks for the update!!

Reactions: Victoria
From the daughter of a silly mommy... we know you worry. And you are not silly. You nutured us for so many years, and then suddenly, have to let go. And we feel bad about it. (But not bad enough to stay home!) :)

Please share her adventures with us here on FC.

I have a friend who actually won a free trip to Antarctica. Who does that? He said it was amazing though. I think it would be relatively safe. I don't think there are civil wars there or anything. :) Totally a once in a life time experience.

Now V, please go do something for stress relief. You need it. If wine is not your thing, maybe chocolate would help. Or potato chips. Just don't pull out the baby book. That will make everything worse. :)

Sarah, their next venture is already in the planning stages... it's Antarctica.

Chocolate, wine and chips oh my... although sleep will be good.

:)

V

Sarah, their next venture is already in the planning stages... it's Antarctica.

Chocolate, wine and chips oh my... although sleep will be good.

:)

V
I saw that in your earlier post - thats why I mentioned my friend. He came back alive! And very happy about an incredible trip. I am sure your darling will come back the same way.

Victoria...DON'T be so silly..what could possibly happen to her the other side of the globe, so far away, without her mommy, without a warm bed to sleep on????....
Lara Croft did all these things and SHE'S my HERO...just like Alana!!:grovel:

You're not Silly at all. You're a Mommy.
And that's what we do: Worry, nothing silly about that.
From the moment they are born we worry about them.
When they take their first steps we worry
when they go to school we worry
When they drive, we worry
when they fall in love, we worry
When they are away from home we worry.
The worry list is endless.

And why?......because we love them! And want them safe.
We know we can't keep them in a safe little box we have to let them take those first steps. We hold our breath as they go through life.
worrying

How lucky she is to have such a great mom, one who does worry about her but doesn't prevent her from fulfilling her life's dreams.

So have that glass of wine and please keep us posted, I so enjoyed reading of her adventures last year.

Jennifer

It probably won't help to know this. . . .

but behind the tough guy front. . . . . .Daddy's worry toooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.