Status
Not open for further replies.

lori042499

May 3, 2006
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
www.affairstorememberflorist.com
State / Prov
MA
How many days ahead can you do these ahead??

My brothers wedding is Sun....I wanted to do these today, but am concerned about them rotting over the next 2 days or getting transparent...I will assume putting them into the cooler is a nono because of the cold temp...not to mention I don't want the vases sweating...

Dianne has done these many times & mentioned last time at our FNO that she has a weekly account who insists on them, so I'd imagine it's just fine.

Agree about not refrigerating them, just cold clear water.

Reactions: lori042499
I keep them in my store all week submerged in water, you should be fine! It usually takes at least 3-4 days before water starts to get foggy.

People seem to be fascinated by submerged flowers. We have started displaying them in our store every week and they get a lot of attention form in store customers, they seemed to be amazed by this idea.

I keep them in my store all week submerged in water, you should be fine! It usually takes at least 3-4 days before water starts to get foggy.

People seem to be fascinated by submerged flowers. We have started displaying them in our store every week and they get a lot of attention form in store customers, they seemed to be amazed by this idea.

Care to add a quick photo for your FC family oh master of technology? LOL

How long does this last displayed in your shop? I am thinking about when we have higher walk in traffic like VD.

How long does this last displayed in your shop? I am thinking about when we have higher walk in traffic like VD.

Ask the Master for a video and you shall receive!!!

I will upload one for you later today ;)

They last me about a week, sometimes longer, the water gets very foggy and slimy after that....we also submerge roses too.

Like Lori, I also have big wedding this weekend and of course will post some pics and videos later this weekend too!

Quickest 18 centerpieces I have ever done....Wow, I love those....

We do this a lot for corporate accounts--I usually save them for a week when I do not want to think--like a week with a big wedding---then--I can whip out the corporate work in no time--As to lasting--we have tham last at least a week(in corp accts) and then have the employees tell us they last another week at home in just a vase !!

Reactions: Twila
The sample I made for my new sister in law lasted about 14 days, but I'll tell you that girl changed the water every day and sanitized the vase and gems....she even rinsed the funk off the flower so it wouldn't rot...I made the sample in mid June and it was kinda hot....I was impressed and told her I needed her to work in my shop at the family discount...

Carols right. Just add enough water for the flowers to get through til Sunday then fill up before delivery. If you know there is a good water source at the venue, fill them up there, easier to transport. plus you will get all those neat air bubbles on the blooms.

Carols right. Just add enough water for the flowers to get through til Sunday then fill up before delivery. If you know there is a good water source at the venue, fill them up there, easier to transport. plus you will get all those neat air bubbles on the blooms.

Wish I had the luxury of time on this, but I am delivering the wedding and in it, my time will be tight, with hair appointments and such.

Reactions: Brad
Wide industrial suran wrap works well to keep water in during transport. Also if you have or can get those black plastic milk crates, you can cut the bottom out of one and zip tie it to the top of another. Zip tie the vase inside, the inside corners. I cut a piece of 11 inch pine board for the inside bottom for added strength.

Not sure the size of your vases, but the thinner ones you can tie four down, two for sure. Make sure you zip tie the crates together through the top handle so it all becomes fastened tight. You can slam on the breaks at 60 mph and they will not move.

You can transport them in the boxes they came in but it makes for precarious delivery and trying to lift them out is hard let alone awkward and heavy.

Good luck this weekend.

Here is a couple quick pictures of submerged cymbids that have been sitting in water all week long- it looks a little foggy today but not too bad...

Oh and of course I promised a quick video so here you go, these are a few samples of what I have been displaying in flower shop lately.

Watch Quick Flip Video

Also doing a big wedding this weekend with some submerged flowers and will share that video later this weekend!

Attachments

• submerged orchids in vase.jpg
    submerged orchids in vase.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 54
  • submerged orchids.jpg
    submerged orchids.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 50
Does everyone go and hide when they see you coming?? LOL
?? Do you think the submerged flowers last longer with the floating candles on them, not allowing contaminants into the water?

I find the ones submerged hold up better than the ones that are not. Just do not put them in the cooler they go transparent. if you do cover them in plastic i use an upside down trash bag. IMG_3785.jpg

SDC10505.JPG

September 001.JPG

Can you tell you cost for cymbidiums? They cost me 35.00 a stem. So I don't just display them in the shop, the cost is to much for me. Am I paying to much or what?

I would think 35 dollars per stem for cyms is too much Ellen

Well John Brown, guess I'll not use that vendor again! They wanted my buz so bad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.