Status
Not open for further replies.

Audra

Nov 6, 2002
Sault Ste. Marie
www.mannflorist.com
State / Prov
Ontario
We sent an order to Cambridge, ON yesterday... shop rejected order... I called to see if it was an availability issue.

Their response "We have all the arrangements booked up until the 24th".
I was floored. Our shop has a DON'T suspend policy unless we're out of everything. I suspend our merc when we leave on the 24th until midnight of the 26th because we're closed. We don't want to cause problems for our peers by leaving the machines operational.

I've more or less grown up in the floral business and I've never heard of a shop closing arrangements this early.

Audra

Only in Florida.

I'm surprised ... haven't had a problem getting orders filled there yet.... Perhaps the Floridians DID hire extra staff this year??

I have been having problems also. Seems like there are several shops around the country that "are out of everthing" This just amazes me. Have'nt they heard of buying more stuff? It's not like they don't have time. I just had more greens delivered this morning. I was in the shop until 9pm last night doing orders and ran out, so I got more. What a concept>>>

Jim

Jim!!...you're starting to look like...

that Amazon parrot in your Avatar!!..staying up so late!!
Go HOME...have a cracker!
There is ONE particular shop in Cambridge, that has gone from 7 designers to ONE, that was VERY BADLY advised by their accountant AND some business consulting firm, that perports to help you manage your bottom line!@!
the problem with THOSE professions, is the JUST don't understand the flower biz, cannot get a handle on it's nuances, and therefore make ALL the wrong decisions, and unfortunately, some shop owners get taken in!!
Cambridge is down to a bunch of small to medium volume shops, and probably cannot handle the holiday rush anymore, and I've had to deliver a couple of large orders MYSELF, because they couldn't handle it!!..it's not THAT far, BUT, it's out of my area, and I Don't servbice Cambridge, except for multiple orders, with sufficient value!!
The crappy business environment this year has cost many shops high volume capacity, and it's showing this holiday...NO ONE is immune!!
Mike

Crossing my fingers that I wont get a call about a order that was not delivered. We are managing so far, working ahead of the game and also had two funeral this week to top things off. Full staff today till monday to work ahead till tues and I can fall asleep for two days....
Luc
P.S. gee those legs cramps at night sure hurts like hell....had one that lasted a good five minutes last night. ANy suggestion?

My doctor informs me that leg cramps can be alleviated by adding more calcium w/ magnesium added to your diet. I use to get them all the time when I ski-raced. It does the trick for me.

The rye is a good idea though...:D

Luc, When you get a leg cramp, try pinching your upper lip. The pressure point in your lip will make the cramp go away faster. It works for me and I hope it works for you too!

Frank

Originally posted by Luc
Crossing my fingers that I wont get a call about a order that was not delivered. We are managing so far, working ahead of the game and also had two funeral this week to top things off. Full staff today till monday to work ahead till tues and I can fall asleep for two days....
Luc
P.S. gee those legs cramps at night sure hurts like hell....had one that lasted a good five minutes last night. ANy suggestion?

Do you have fatigue mats on the floor? you may need one with more give to it if you already do. May want one of the resturant anti grease type. About 1" thick with holes in them.

Thanks for all your input about my leg cramps. I think I will start with the Rye and pepsi.
I have done the calcium ans I am a very big milk drinker also.
I also have fatigue mats on the floor but it doesnt get my fatigue out. I am still tired....
Thanks for the input, and I hope I dont wake up again with another one.
Luc

leg cramps

eat banannas, it is usually a lack of potassium. good luck.

You're not alone Luc... I'm right behind ya....

And if the Rye, pinch on the lip and such don;t work for ya...try Jack-in-a-bottle instead of the Rye....

After hours, of course.....

Happy FREAK'N Happy Ya'll....wish the customers were....

Sandie says!!!...

YOU NEED more calcium/magnesium supplements...go get em big guy, and DON'T drink that silly 1% stuff either!!(milk)
Mike

Sorry folks, but I suspended as I type this....

Been there, Done that...got all I WILL do...except for those of you that know me, and call....

Happy FREAK'N HoliDAZE !

Time to put up the tree.....

Originally posted by BOSS
Sorry folks, but I suspended as I type this....

Been there, Done that...got all I WILL do...except for those of you that know me, and call....

Happy FREAK'N HoliDAZE !

Time to put up the tree.....

See what jack will do to ya! Happy holidays and I hope Santa doesn't find you under the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.