Teleflora to require DCON's in August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do y'all think TF will have the sack to only require it from their own orders and not F2F orders?

Maybe you best hold the phone on that ftd cancellation amigo?

Why, it is all in the numbers. Look at your FTD book and compare it to the Jan book. Then compare it to TF's book.

FTD shops are dropping like flies in a fumigated dairy barn.

joe

Reactions: CHR
You're absolutely right about membership numbers - But it sure looks like TF is going to do this to you.

If they mandate it - will you stop your (profitable) incoming?

Don't confuse my FTD WS business with my total incoming WS business, which includes TF.

Pw, when I told you about the 90 pct incoming being .com, we were only talking about my FTD business.

Second, please don't extrapolate my 90 pct .com comment (from a different thread) as the industry standard.

It is not. It is my FTD .com/incoming retail flower shop figures.

FTD compared to TF incomings is night and day with regards to the volume. Most TF's orders come from flower shops and not OG's.

joe

Why, it is all in the numbers. Look at your FTD book and compare it to the Jan book. Then compare it to TF's book.

FTD shops are dropping like flies in a fumigated dairy barn.

joe

Thanks for pulling this together for me, Joe.

I can see where you're coming from with your particular situation, especially the FTD/TF trade-off.

It's making sense to me now!

Reactions: Joe Mioux
I felt weird giving Joe a thumbs up for that post.....

Wish FTD would get with the program...all they need is a specific message type for DCON.

Then the ballz to require it and lose 4 or 5 members.

Just to assuage curiosity - and for comparison.

If you are a shop that sends the dconns regularly......How many of you are and are not a wire service member.

My point is this.....The way I see it, you don't have to be a member of a wire service to do this.

Update from Teleflora

Improving Customer Service with Delivery Confirmation

Many florists have found that providing delivery confirmations is a quick and easy way to improve your shop's customer service.

Today's consumer is used to receiving confirmations for other types of purchases is likely to contact your shop to find out the status of their delivery if they don't receive an email confirmation. In fact, according to a Teleflora study, 92% of consumers say that delivery confirmation is moderately-to-very important to them. That is more than a trend.

DovePOS has automatic email delivery confirmations built into the software now (with an optional software module).

This month, a small number of shops will begin beta testing new functionality that provides a quick and easy way to provide Dove Network Delivery Confirmations to the sender of a Dove order. For all orders originating from Teleflora, those customers will receive an email delivery confirmation once the order has been marked as delivered on the network. For florist to florist orders, the sending shop will receive a Dove message confirming delivery for the order sent.

Teleflora will provide Dove Network Delivery Confirmation functionality to all member florists including those using Daisy and Eagle later this summer, but we will not make completing Dove Network Delivery Confirmations mandatory at that time. We believe delivery confirmations will improve customer satisfaction for both our member florists and Teleflora customers. There will be no fee or other cost to florists for sending delivery confirmations.

Thank you for partnering with Teleflora Technologies,

Improving Customer Service with Delivery Confirmation

DovePOS has automatic email delivery confirmations built into the software now (with an optional software module).

Does this mean the optional software module will cost the florist?
(I don't have Dove and am out of TF in Sept anyway)

had TEL dcon installed last week....we will see????? what this NEEDS is for all supertickets to have a bar code....driver scans them in and when delivered scans them out....advantage had this years ago. delivery manager is useless at a holiday, try looking through 150 orders to find the one your delivering, now do it again when delivered. also with multi shop you must separate, if not error message will appear.

I received a message from FU flowers today saying that if I confirm delivery, I will be eligible for a prize in a raffle.

Yippy!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Joe - Thanks for the link. Impressive site. They've put a lot of thought into it.

It does strike me as funny that FU wants florists who apply to be on their preferred list to submit photos of their own design work. :rolleyes:

i wonder if they see the demise of the traditional WS's or a severe short fall in areas of coverage in certain parts of the country.

if they start now, in a few years they could have a really good database of filling shops....

and a database of knowledge as it relates to the filling shops credibility as a business and for quality of design

joe

Reactions: CHERYL BAKIN
Status
Not open for further replies.