Teleflora to require DCON's in August

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome awesome awesome a thousand times awesome.

I've been hammering on FTD to do this for some time now.

No confirmation - no payment. Their excuse was they thought people would just go ahead and confirm whether done or not.

I say if they do then you fine their ass double the cost of the order ala DRP.

Maybe now money will see then monkey will do.

This is very good for the industry and congratulations Teleflora for making such a bold move.

I already know what the haters are gonna say so don't bother unless it really floats yer boat.

In that case - let the bashing begin.

I love the fact that they are doing this...It will save time and money in chasing after the info our customers want....

I very rarely miss a bloomnet dcon and won't with TF...not sure why people have problems with this stuff, it should be something they want to do...I already send messages to my TF orders letting them know its been delivered...I hope they make it an automatic thing..

FTD needs a message type like ASK, PRC, etc., called DCON or something which would help greatly in automatic processing - I've been telling them that also.

If they would just let me run the company we'd all have hot dogs and beer.

I just called TF and she had to go ask her super but no details - will it be a requirement or will they monetize it like bloomnet does?

Can anyone quote or post the actual message?

I seem to be saying this a lot lately - so, Is just me or is this really just plain stupid. I mean, Maybe I am in the minority on this, but it seems to me that it is just plain, common, good business sense to send out a confirmation on the delivery.

Why require what should be an everyday practice?

Am I that ashamed of the work I do that I don't want the senders to know the recipient got the flowers? Am I sooooooooo busy that I can't take the time to punch a few keys on the POS and send it on it's way?

This sounds like one of those times that somone should be awarded the wooden spoon for plain ineptitude.

Reactions: theRKF
Should be doesn't make it so Rickie - we get them on about 80% of orders but some florists think they're above providing great service like that.

FYI they get sent on every one of our incoming orders, as well as emailz to customers for local orders. Has been that way since we bought MAS - the ones that started this.

Nope it has to be a requirement. Then we can offer it as a Service that will compete with the drip shippers.

I am not a hater of the idea Jon, but I hope that you do consider everyones opinion.

For my store, without the MAS $30,000.00 dollar system, having two locations, being part of a daily delivery co-op that has 15 florist, having my computer system at the opposite store from where the deliveries are made out of.
Somebody tell me how I can possibly do this cost effectively?? There are many florist in my position. It will not just drive out the florist that do not have the tech capability, it will drive out some of the best florist in the industry. Having technology does not make a florist the best, there is much more to it then that!
So if someone can tell me how I should handle this new dcon request, I am all ears.
Joan

Joan, There is a delivery pool in use here in SC as well. - Delivery confirmations are handled this way - Your driver makes a list of the deliveries given to him by other florists in the pool. That list has the names, addresses, phone numbers and all the info provided by the sending florist.

Your driver makes the delivery and gets the delivery signed for. The next day when they meet to exchange deliveries again, a copy of that signature sheet goes to the original florist and then the original sending florist can send the confirmations.

By the way, Yes JB talks MAS, MAS, MAS all the time, but all the POS systems have that capability. You don't have to have MAS exclusively to be able to excersise that option.

I am not a hater of the idea Jon, but I hope that you do consider everyones opinion.

For my store, without the MAS $30,000.00 dollar system, having two locations, being part of a daily delivery co-op that has 15 florist, having my computer system at the opposite store from where the deliveries are made out of.
Somebody tell me how I can possibly do this cost effectively?? There are many florist in my position. It will not just drive out the florist that do not have the tech capability, it will drive out some of the best florist in the industry. Having technology does not make a florist the best, there is much more to it then that!
So if someone can tell me how I should handle this new dcon request, I am all ears.
Joan

Very simple answer Joan - get your technology provider to create it.

It wil not just be something that we want, but something that we need and if they're worth their salt - they will build it.

I seem to be saying this a lot lately - so, Is just me or is this really just plain stupid. I mean, Maybe I am in the minority on this, but it seems to me that it is just plain, common, good business sense to send out a confirmation on the delivery.

Why require what should be an everyday practice?

Am I that ashamed of the work I do that I don't want the senders to know the recipient got the flowers? Am I sooooooooo busy that I can't take the time to punch a few keys on the POS and send it on it's way?

This sounds like one of those times that somone should be awarded the wooden spoon for plain ineptitude.

A bit of ::BS on this post Rick.
Being ashamed of it doesn't have much to do with it. In a heavy filling shop this is more than a question of being "sooooooo" busy. Not every shop is laid out ideally to access the one or two shop computers, and do this entering. Not every shop is staffed with office people, and not every employee is computer savy enough to pull up the order and do it.

Is is a good idea - yes, probably. Is as easily done as we are making it seem - eh, not so much. Rembember bloomlink does not interface with every POS system, newer FTD and TF systems do not play well together either. If your shop has more than one WS, what seems like a convenience to you begins to seem like a PIA to someone else.

Plus, surely there is an easier quicker access to these dcons that could be arranged with system upgrades. Why can't the dcons be on the front screens with one button, easy to navigate drop down screens that don't require typing, and efficient quick processes that WILL NOT require expensive system upgrades/extortions?

Are dcons a nice customer service? Yes, without a doubt. But there are reasons why 1 -800 pays florists to do this and hassle factor is one of them. Not stupid, lazy florists. A true industry leader would simplify this process to the point that compliance would be easy, including the easier automated access I mentioned and an 1-800 number for shops without POS.

Just saying before you make it mandatory, make it accessible, and accommodating to every shop, not just the ones that send. JMHO

You are not listening... or reading.

My pos have the email dcon capability, my website provider has email decon capability.

So I send a 12 deliveries to 11 different florist on wednesday, I receive 18 from 12 florist.
Thursday I go to the pool with 12 copies of my drivers sheets, which somedays maybe several different drivers, and find all 12 florist who gave me deliveries to give them a copy, and then make sure that my driver collects 11 sheets from the florist that he gave deliveries to.

My driver comes to me in the morning and then again in the afternoon to make pick ups of deliveries. I would get this sheet on Thursday at about 2:30, and then sit down to the F-ing Dove to send dcons??

On top of that I have sent 10 orders out of town, now I will receive ten f-ing auto dove print outs that those orders have been delivered?

This seems like insanity to me!!!! Nothing cost effective about it!

Joan

Very simple answer Joan - get your technology provider to create it.

It wil not just be something that we want, but something that we need and if they're worth their salt - they will build it.

And of course you mean for FTD, TF and 1800 technology providers to create it first, and give it to their florists, of whom they ask plenty.

And because the concept is so vital, there shouldn't be any tribal disputes among them, making the technology do this not part of the proprietary interface wars that go on.

It's a good idea Jon, let's hope everyone is walking the walk, not just talking the talk.

Reactions: bloomz
Rick, again not as easy as you make it sound. The point of dcons is to have them out in a certain period of time. Watch that window shrink once this is in place. Watch how timed deliveries get worked into the mix, and how fast penalties arise.

Guaranteed the penalties will come faster than the incentives, and even faster than an across the board, convenient, easy to use, free upgrade to all dove/daisy/eagle systems that doesn't require a hardware change.

How did I know this was coming???

This+guy+is+falling.jpg

On top of that I have sent 10 orders out of town, now I will receive ten f-ing auto dove print outs that those orders have been delivered?

Joan
You're making this too difficult... we do it all electronically...no paper...

You are not listening... or reading.

My pos have the email dcon capability, my website provider has email decon capability.

So I send a 12 deliveries to 11 different florist on wednesday, I receive 18 from 12 florist.
Thursday I go to the pool with 12 copies of my drivers sheets, which somedays maybe several different drivers, and find all 12 florist who gave me deliveries to give them a copy, and then make sure that my driver collects 11 sheets from the florist that he gave deliveries to.

My driver comes to me in the morning and then again in the afternoon to make pick ups of deliveries. I would get this sheet on Thursday at about 2:30, and then sit down to the F-ing Dove to send dcons??

Joan

Thank you Joan...this is exactly what I was trying to get across on this subject in another post a while back. It IS NOT as easy or time effective as it seems on the surface. Plus no one has brought up the issue about extra 'transmission' costs for doing this. Does any one know for sure that there is NOT a cost?

Also, I agree the wire services should make it an option for any POS system to integrate with them...then the DECON's would be a whole lot easier to "sell" to employees. I know I haven't been the ONLY florist out there who's had a hard time just getting employees to enter orders into a POS, let alone re-enter the information AGAIN over at Dove or Merc and then remember to send a DECON once the order has been delivered, especially at the busiest times of the year.

And I haven't even started on the wasted trees.......!

You're making this too difficult... we do it all electronically...no paper...

Please call TF and even 1800 and explain it to them. I promise you they can make it harder than needed. Try to talk them down.

Simplify it to the point that anyone can do it, and decrease the time to seconds, not minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.