Status
Not open for further replies.

kt4ye

Oct 15, 2007
Charlotte
www.flowerhut.com
State / Prov
NC
A buddy just sent me a "heads up" regarding an OG called Delaflowers.com.

I just sent them the following email:

On your website, I found the following link:
http://www.delaflowers.com/Flower-Delivery/North-Carolina/Charlotte/

On this link, you state: "Professionaly designed bouquets delivered by these local Charlotte, NC florists in our network:"

You list my shop, The Flower Hut as being a member of your network.

This is incorrect. The Flower Hut is NOT a member of your network.

We ask that you immediately remove our Shop's Name and Address from your list.

Sincerely,

William C. Miller
Owner
The Flower Hut

It might be a good idea for interested FlowerChatters to check out their website ato see if THEIR names are inadvertently adding credibility to this OG.

Bill

Reactions: 3 people
Bill thanks for posting this. I would have b4 sending you the head's up but I can't seem to pick up the start thread button. Anyway, since I first emailed them on 10/26 and again on 11/26 and my shop is still listed as part of their network. Yesterday, as a first step, I filed a complaint against them with the BBB. They proudly display the BBB logo on their website. Figured I may as well use it as a first step. Next will be filing a complaint with the North Carolina AG. I already printed the screenshots.

Mike

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks Bill - I did my city and shop name too.

I told them I charge a very high rate for using my name in their advertising.

Doubt they'll remove it but who knows?

Gifttree is fairly famous for doing this as well without phone numbers.

I just called them. The rep had no idea what I was referring to and could not pull up the url on her computer. She spent 15 minutes trying to get the url to work, but it wouldn't. Either she's bull$hitting me or they have some sort of block. She said she will look into it and get back to me.

Go to this link (scroll down): http://www.delaflowers.com/Flower-Delivery/ Find your florist and call them and give them hell! She said I was the only one that called so far.

Here is the phone number: (248) 642-3352

Thanks for the heads up.

Sure enough, at first it looks like it's just N. Carolina BUT, go to the Site Map Page from the bottom links. Takes you to pages with every state and city listed. Click on your city and see what happens!

My shop was listed for Royse City TX, with our street address BUT not our phone number. Sender will have to call De La to place the order.

Yeah, it's another scumbag trying to gather our orders and sell them back to us after collecting 20%, and whatever else they can skim off.

I found this site about a week ago, but didn't find the hidden agenda till today.

My God, I guess it is just scsrew everyone you can time...I hate this!!!!!!

These smart asses need to grow up and get a business of their own, and stop trying to steal all of ours. And someone here will say, well we are all OG's...Well we are not, we are highly skilled florist who have paid our dues to do what we do.

Just because the internet came along, it doesn't give anyone the right to
profit from our labor, and ride our backs and our good reputations.

Wow, this just hit me the wrong way, and I don't feel so hot today anyway. Scerw all the OG's And WS's, they are not taking my business without one hell of a fight.:soapbox:

Calling may work, but an email that they choose to ignore(like my 2) will give you some ammo when they decide to ignore your request(s). I sent it to their "contact us' email id on the website. In the notes, I said that this needs to be given to the owner. The first email that I sent was on 10/20 and someone there decided not to do anything about my request. I stated that in the second email that this would be their last chance to remove my listing and they still didn't remove it.

They need some shots across their bow.

I just called them and the rep also told me that she could not see the listing in the url. She was very interested in knowing my source and how I found my listing on their site. She said that she would look into it and if I was listed, she would have me removed. I told her she could keep me on their site if they listed my phone number. He he, like that is going to happen.
I think if more of us call, they may get the hint that what they are doing is false advertising or misrepresentation. I'm not a member of any WS, so how they can list me in their network is beyond me.
Also, I tried to pull them up on the BBB but they are not listed. Does that mean that they are not a member of the BBB?
Scum!

I found them on BBB just by clicking on the BBB button on the bottom of their website. Once in, filing a complaint was easily accomplished. I did this yesterday and received an acknowledgment from the BBB that the complaint was received.

Reactions: 1 person
By the way the cities they had me delivering to, comes straight off my website. I know because I deliver to a diverse area here, and they couldn't have just deduced those cities from my shop location.

I am not a WS member either. I think they have used our websites to get our info.

I'm going to call and see if I can't guide the person answering to their sitemap page and my name. We'll see that happens.

It may also be worth filing a DMCA complaint.

If handled effectively, a DMCA would get those pages ousted from Google immediately and possibly taken offline by their hosting company.

If you Google DMCA you'll find forms and how-to steps easily enough.

Ryan

Reactions: 1 person
I have a dumb question, how do they get these skimmed orders to you if you are listed in their network? Thru ws? Or do they just call? Two of my competitors are listed, not me. I am just curious.

I have a dumb question, how do they get these skimmed orders to you if you are listed in their network? Thru ws? Or do they just call? Two of my competitors are listed, not me. I am just curious.

I think the main benefit of listing their so-called "network" of florists, actually has nothing to do with a network, it's purpose is for SEO reasons for their website.

I think the main benefit of listing their so-called "network" of florists, actually has nothing to do with a network, it's purpose is for SEO reasons for their website.

Ah. Ok. But if someone does want to place an order with this dOG, who fills it? The florists in the network? Then how do they (the dOG) get the order to the florist? Call it in or use a ws? I am curious how it all works.

The OG has simply gone through WS membership directories and listed local florists by city.

The purpose is two-fold:

1) SEO - since the city name is repeated over & over again

2) Credibility - if a customer recognizes the name of a trusted shop or two, then this site must be trustworthy, too.

Naturally, there's no contact info for the local florists - otherwise the OG wouldn't be needed.

Nothing in the WS TOU's prevent OGs from using your company name or business identity as bait.

Heck TF's Findaflorist.com does it with any TF member who doesn't have a TF hosted website or declines the pay the non-hosted listing fee. All their 'storefronts' act the same was as this OG.

Status
Not open for further replies.