Today is the Beginning of the End of the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an order come from a KNOWN OG ...

The schmuck in Beverly Hills, Gregory Schotte. He sent us an order for a funeral that happened last week. ( Probably a family member with a memory lapse, Right !! )So you get this order now, find out the funeral was last week. Send an ask, say he'll work on it. Then you REJ because you never hear from him ... or so he hopes he gets the $$$. Double time.

Pretty smart, however I forward it to someone else and its their issue.

I just replied, " Nice try "

Boss is right, I SUS for 5 years. Pretty cool.

Waiting on a call, if they still care. However an order still came through afterwords. Guess they thought it was a joke. Who's laughing, other than Bloomz.

Hero -

That would be pretty ingenious. Send orders for non-existant locations, funerals from the past, etc.... that are completely unfillable and hope to make some bucks off the 2-hour penalty. FTD won't complain since they make $1.25 per transmission.

Since there's zero expense to senders, what's to lose? Just go through the directory and send them to shops not on their 'golden list'.

I run 1 business in Louisiana ...

Why not just forward it back to the schmuck and not set it upon some unsuspecting florist?

Not all of them. This kumbaya B. S. ends in my back yard. If they want to fill or get scammed, then shame on them. I am not my brothers keeper. Any who, you can't forward it back to the sender, FTD stopped that awhile back and you eat it then.

Sorry, did you want me to start forwarding them to you from now on? Or I could send them to Bloomz, he's good at sending stuff everywhere.

Good luck with your 5,000 orders a year and calling them out. That will be Extremely difficult and a HUGE impact on your bottom line, however this is where the revolution starts.

Go BOSS !!

:yourock:

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry, did you want me to start forwarding them to you from now on? Or I could send them to Bloomz, he's good at sending stuff everywhere.

Good luck with your 5,000 orders a year and calling them out. That will be Extremely difficult and a HUGE impact on your bottom line, however this is where the revolution starts.
Sure David, you send them to me, and I'll send them to Bloomz and he can send them back to Gregory Scott....sounds like a plan!!

Oh and there is no plan to phone out any orders, I have an electronic transmission solution already in place, and I must say it works quite well.

Any who, you can't forward it back to the sender, FTD stopped that awhile back and you eat it then.

No that's been fixed.

So David - if you want we can make a deal and I'll forward you all the junk I get too.

Naw, I don't think that sounds like that good of deal.

I'll pass

Thanks for thinking of me tho...

By the way! I got a reject from retrans yesterday for an order I sent for delivery on the 30th. hmmmmm

It'll be interesting to see if they follow the rules, won't it? I know where I'd place my money on that bet.

They're wayyyy ahead of you...

No that's been fixed.

So David - if you want we can make a deal and I'll forward you all the junk I get too.

Naw, I don't think that sounds like that good of deal.

I'll pass

Thanks for thinking of me tho...

By the way! I got a reject from retrans yesterday for an order I sent for delivery on the 30th. hmmmmm

It'll be interesting to see if they follow the rules, won't it? I know where I'd place my money on that bet.

...and here's their stance on this issue...

Q. Is Domestic and International Retrans part of this program?
A. Domestic and International Retrans is a value-added service FTD provides to its members and as such is not part of this program.

Hero -

That would be pretty ingenious. Send orders for non-existant locations, funerals from the past, etc.... that are completely unfillable and hope to make some bucks off the 2-hour penalty. FTD won't complain since they make $1.25 per transmission.

Since there's zero expense to senders, what's to lose? Just go through the directory and send them to shops not on their 'golden list'.

Doubtful, who has that much time on their hands?

But then again you wouldn't think unscrupulous fillers would double and triple report icoming either, yet I hear it is common.

But if you're unscrupulous, what's to keep you from just reporting incomings you never got?

A million stories in the Naked City.

Mark, So what happens? Are you turning us away?
Nope Frank... never ever would I turn down a Real Florist, you can call me anytime...or....

"So what happens"? On my end nothing much different, orders continue to flow electronically....

Stay tuned for the whole story....be out about September or so...

I am so glad my termination of FTD was effective May1. I don't have to worry about missing their deadlines. Every good florist tries their best to reject the orders in a timely manner anyways. it is the OGs who send the orders late & expect you have all the ridiculous items it calls for when the wholesale house closes at 3pm. I accept orders to 4 for the same day delivery but only if I have the product they want. Goodluck all you FTD Florists! I think it is just another way to help the OGs force the retail shops to stretch their hrs of ops to serve them more!

Wow, not sure I understood the comment about "I am not my brother's keeper, then below it the quote about "if you are living your life like there is no God, you'd better be right" Hmmm, kinda wondering. We better start being our brothers keeper so we don't have so much more crap in the world! It is up to us!

Ok now, Unless you are reading the prayer of Jabez ...

Wow, not sure I understood the comment about "I am not my brother's keeper, then below it the quote about "if you are living your life like there is no God, you'd better be right" Hmmm, kinda wondering. We better start being our brothers keeper so we don't have so much more crap in the world! It is up to us!

Right on...right on...

Does my maker ask me to do anything about my competitors business, and even if I did inform them about what was going on don't you think it is their choice to fill or not. You, me, and my friend Bill could all be wrong you know and filling these orders can be profitable, if done correctly.

Now if you are looking for an argument, I'm always ready and willing, however, you question my faith or spirituality, I'm ready to die for that.

The florist I send them to is a very successful one that I'm sure sees the world at anything to keep the machine rolling he's happy to do. To each his own. I for one give opinions, not lessons.

Why bother, just dump FTD.

the problem is solved that way.

Has anyone ever dumbped FTD membership while retaining their FTD POS computer rights with them.

ONce my FSR told me that FTD would let you dump them but still support the POS.

btw: has anyone ever found the acronymn "POS" approriate for FTD's programs. It has amused me.

joe

I am divorcing FTD and I have the POS. I was told today that they would send a bill for the whole amount owed. I told them that they didn't hold up their bargin on the reciprocity fees. I told them I can't afford to keep them. "but we will lower your membership fee to 99.00 for six months" How generous. I decided to dump them before I found this lovely Community. - Bye FTD!!

So I get an outgoing order at 4:00pm on Saturday afternoon, here on the west coast.

It's already 7:00pm on Saturday on the east coast.

The order is going to the east coast for Sunday delivery, to a shop that offers Sunday delivery.
Let's say it's for something stupid, like 24 pink callas in a vase.

The filling shop is open from 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm.

I send the order.

The shop opens at 12:00, sees this ridiculous order, and REJECTS within 5 minutes.

OOPS!

TOO LATE!!!!

Here comes da fine!

Why?????

Q. What are the standard business hours of operation as defined by the Delayed Response Program?
A. The standard business hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. 5 p.m. local florist time and Saturday - Sunday from 8 a.m. 1 p.m. local florist time.

So if you don't reject by 10:00 am locally on a Sunday, the fine kicks in!

YIKES...that would suck!

Yeah but if you don't want that to happen FTD has a great suggestion for you: SUSPEND YOUR SYSTEM. (!) who cares about "decent" orders (that you might want to keep) for next week that you might get while ur system is suspended?

I am divorcing FTD and I have the POS. I was told today that they would send a bill for the whole amount owed. I told them that they didn't hold up their bargin on the reciprocity fees. I told them I can't afford to keep them. "but we will lower your membership fee to 99.00 for six months" How generous. I decided to dump them before I found this lovely Community. - Bye FTD!!
POS...POS.... I'm cursing the day I bought Mercury.

Don't think so...

Yeah but if you don't want that to happen FTD has a great suggestion for you: SUSPEND YOUR SYSTEM. (!) who cares about "decent" orders (that you might want to keep) for next week that you might get while ur system is suspended?

If you're not codified for Sunday delivery, you're not obligated to deliver on Sunday.

So, to suspend your system when offering Sunday delivery would be silly.

To suspend your system when NOT offering Sunday delivery would also be silly, for the reason you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.