Today is the Beginning of the End of the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I get an outgoing order at 4:00pm on Saturday afternoon, here on the west coast.

It's already 7:00pm on Saturday on the east coast.

The order is going to the east coast for Sunday delivery, to a shop that offers Sunday delivery.
Let's say it's for something stupid, like 24 pink callas in a vase.

The filling shop is open from 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm.

I send the order.

The shop opens at 12:00, sees this ridiculous order, and REJECTS within 5 minutes.

OOPS!

TOO LATE!!!!

Here comes da fine!

Why?????

Q. What are the standard business hours of operation as defined by the Delayed Response Program?
A. The standard business hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. local florist time and Saturday - Sunday from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. local florist time.

So if you don't reject by 10:00 am locally on a Sunday, the fine kicks in!

YIKES...that would suck!
You know it's funny you mention this, I've been trying to figure the weekend brain teaser out myself. I guess I shouldn't worry because we're not codified to deliver on Sundays anyways. It's just the OCD in me that wants to (or has to) know the answer.

Here comes da fine! Why?????
Q. What are the standard business hours of operation as defined by the Delayed Response Program?
A. The standard business hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. local florist time and Saturday - Sunday from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. local florist time.

So if you don't reject by 10:00 am locally on a Sunday, the fine kicks in!

YIKES...that would suck!

Perhaps I misread the notice . . . I read the notice as Saturday / Sunday deliveries had until Monday morning to reject. I may be wrong. If I am, we will have to suspend our computers every weekend. Or . . . just drop FTD. That's my plan.
Leah

Perhaps I misread the notice . . . I read the notice as Saturday / Sunday deliveries had until Monday morning to reject. I may be wrong. If I am, we will have to suspend our computers every weekend. Or . . . just drop FTD. That's my plan.
Leah

Yes you do have to SUS if your hours are different than the default.

Leah

Remember, I clearly stated that the shop in question was codified for Sunday deliveries.

So if you're codified, why would you then suspend your system???

But then again, you've already stated your plan, so the program won't apply to you anyway.

One question, since the florist are being hit with such "quality control" what about the order gather's who deceive the consumer?? Oh FTD, where is their quality control. Don't we already apy $29.99 for the quality assurance program?? Oh my, no wonder we are getting a divorce.

Who Cares about their Rules?

Don't mind me folks, but I was wondering about WHO REALLY CARES about THEIR RULES?

If you're all about letting THE TAIL wag THE DOG, then I understand.

But, if you're all about YOU and YOUR SHOP and RUNNING YOUR BUSINESS your way then, why would anyone in that category submit to another layer of RULES inflicted on you by an outsider?

I thought that, it was YOU PAYING THEM, not vice versa.

Now, if they were paying me a salary and I got their W-2 or, if I was a subcontracted vendor for them, and I got their 1099, by all means, and as an employee of theirs, they could call all the shots.

Since that's not the case, we're back to THE WSs TAIL WAGGING THEIR FLORIST DOGS!

JUMP! FETCH! BEG! ROLL OVER! GOOD DOG! OH MY!

Beotch, beotch, beotch...

Don't mind me folks, but I was wondering about WHO REALLY CARES about THEIR RULES?

If you're all about letting THE TAIL wag THE DOG, then I understand.

But, if you're all about YOU and YOUR SHOP and RUNNING YOUR BUSINESS your way then, why would anyone in that category submit to another layer of RULES inflicted on you by an outsider?

I thought that, it was YOU PAYING THEM, not vice versa.

Now, if they were paying me a salary and I got their W-2 or, if I was a subcontracted vendor for them, and I got their 1099, by all means, and as an employee of theirs, they could call all the shots.

Since that's not the case, we're back to THE WSs TAIL WAGGING THEIR FLORIST DOGS!

JUMP! FETCH! BEG! ROLL OVER! GOOD DOG! OH MY!
SCRATCH...SNIFF...LICK SPAULDINGS...YAWN...:notyet:

For those one or two of us "puppies" that are still part of FTD, my post hopefully served to bring an awareness of an unusual circumstance to those members.

For those not part of FTD, there is nothing to "beotch" about, is there?:rofl:

Real good reason not to code for Sunday delivery I'd say, even if you are open, is it for incoming wire orders or local customers?

Real good reason not to code for Sunday delivery I'd say, even if you are open, is it for incoming wire orders or local customers?

How very true. If you post your hours - the hours posted are for your convenience, not FTD's.

Leah

Yes you do have to SUS if your hours are different than the default.
Hmmm... June 2nd...ya learn something new every day... I just figured out I can SUSpend the merc for 6 months at a time ;)

and - if you take a walk they'll tax your feet and if you try to sit they'll tax your seat as well

Just another OBSERVATION!

For those one or two of us "puppies" that are still part of FTD, my post hopefully served to bring an awareness of an unusual circumstance to those members.

I have no reason to B-I-T-C-H about them. We dumped em back in 2004 for many of these same "So now, I'm going to use the STICK!" strategies started by small bob.

I just make my usual OBSERVATIONS on how these REAL FLORIST COATTAILERS continue to call all the shots, especially when a filler florist looses so much money with them.
lol

Reactions: 1 person
Just remember Boss, every time you suspend your computer they charge you as well...
Thats OK...I'll give 'em a couple bucks now...and be out before I have to again...

So no more real florists will be able to get orders to the Best Shop in Midland.

Unless you send them thru me of course.....

:bangles::headbang::bangles::headbang::bangles:

Can i ask if its getting harder to send to filling shops or is still business as usually?

Looking at the complaint levels from the big guys are the filling shops starting fall behind and thats why the new fees are going in place?

Hey and I have been noticing when I send out that it does take one or two tries to get an order filled even though we have the up to date directory info. Is it just that TF members are fleeing faster the FTD members are?

Just looking for some comparison.

I'm not sure Eric...

All I can say for me is that it's really a moral decision on my part. Sometimes you simply have to take the money out of the equation (yes I make $$ on the WS) and operate in a manner you can sleep with.

By staying, I am condoning their assistance to DOG's... I am condoning TAXES, I am condoning inferior product quality...need I go on?

I just look at myself as ahead of the inevitable trend...:>

" LICK SPAULDINGS."
Made my night with that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am starting to notice some of my favorite shops to send to not now in TF...These are some of my preferred list and I have had to choose to try someone else or call out on my CC...much more of that and it won't be worth having a WS at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.