Wedding Pictures

Palms

Apr 1, 2008
Widnes
www.about-flowers.co.uk
State / Prov
cheshire
Now we are hitting wedding season i thought it might be good to share some pics of wedding work we are doing. I have attached a venue we did today. Please join in with any wedding work or any work for that matter, it would be nice to see what everyone is up to!!

Attachments

• 100_0144.JPG
    100_0144.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 415
  • 100_0147.JPG
    100_0147.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 494
Oooo I love to show off too!

May 15th weddings - more coming up next weekend.

Attachments

• DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    531.7 KB · Views: 352
  • DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    656.9 KB · Views: 328
  • DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    813.1 KB · Views: 295
Fun thread and great work everyone! I always love to show our pictures.

First two were our two weddings last weekend
(may 30th) and the second two were from one of today's weddings (actually the smaller wedding). I didn't get pics of the first because it was 33 tables with submerged trio vases (99 submerged arrangements) and we only had 1.5 hours of set up time and two flights of steps for delivery!! Got it done, but boy am I exhausted!

Attachments

• carrie6.jpg
    carrie6.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 347
  • kristen5.jpg
    kristen5.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 317
  • heather6.jpg
    heather6.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 328
  • heather.jpg
    heather.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 329
Where do i start, Laura i just love that pink bouquet and actually think i might try one of those on Monday for a pic, loving how you dressed the stems as well.

Blumen, gorgeous pink bouquet also, what are those sticky outy bits? Excuse the lack of trade talk..

Tracy, especially love those arch arrangements, how did you attach the top ones?

Mocha, they must have spent a fortune, they are lovely!! Are they David Austin Roses i see?

Hope you dont mind all the questions everyone, maybe we can learn a bit off each other.

Reactions: KTudor625
Tracy, especially love those arch arrangements, how did you attach the top ones?
easy peasy - we make them in small oasis square cages, cut off the plastic "arms" or whatever they're called that you would use to hang them from a spray bar . Pre-insert long taped wires before making the arr's. These wires are then wrapped around the horizontal bar of the arbor (theirs on-site, we've done many times). And we'll add some drapey stuff on-site.

I love doing this arbor because the back-drop is the beautiful green of the golf course, so almost everything "pops".

Great job everyone.
I love this sharing pics stuff!!

Here was my challenge for the weekend.
The bride wanted a hand tie that she saw I had done a few weeks ago.
No, wait, she wanted a cascade. Better yet - both!

Oy, what a pain. I made and remade this d--n boka three times.
No kidding. I tried ivy - too ackward. Looked like alien spikes coming out. I tried ruscus too wild. I finally just put the boka in the cooler at about 11:30pm on Friday night. I couldn't look at it anymore.
Yesterday, I started to trim the ruscus. I called the bride and told her it didn't look right with the trailing greens. She was sweet and told me to do whatever I felt was right. I started to trim more. Then, I brought out the pigtail wire(I love the stuff) and started to wire the ruscus together in spots.
I put the boka back in the cooler and had gathered the stems together at the bottom while putting it back in the bag.
Kinda of liked the looked of it all pulled together. I brought out three stephanotis and wired and glued them to the gathered placed at the bottom of the greens. I figured that I could cut off the greens when I delivered if she didn't like them. I really wanted to give her what she wanted.
She LOVED it!! Wouldn't put it down.
What you can't really see in the picture, is that with the dresses right now with all the sequins; I'm now using the clear Lomey gems in the centers of the steph. Looks great!! I hope the photographer got better pictures than me.....

Attachments

• 100_5744.jpg
    100_5744.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 343
Here are pics from a wedding a few weeks ago. The bride had a "peacock" theme... colors were green and blue/purple.

Pics are, in order: bride's bouq, bride & groom, maids bouq, ceremony arrangements, and centerpieces. I didn't get pics of the bouts and corsages, which I'm bummed about... they had peacock feathers, too. Hopefully the photog will have some good ones to share.

Attachments

• Questad ceremony arran..jpg
    Questad ceremony arran..jpg
    780 KB · Views: 198
  • bridgett.jpg
    bridgett.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Questad maids bouq.jpg
    Questad maids bouq.jpg
    699.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Questad bouq. w feathers.jpg
    Questad bouq. w feathers.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 221
  • questad centerpiece.jpg
    questad centerpiece.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 166
WOW!! All you do such great work!!

Here is the wedding I did yesterday for the bride who didn't really care about the flowers so I worked with the mother of the groom who insisted they had to have blue hydrangea as it was her favorite flowers. She thought the colors of the dress where outrageous too! (pool blue, hot pink and orchid) They did look nice together when I delivered the flowers. I forgot my camera to take pictures of the alter flowers.... I am mad at myself when I do that.

I am also adding the graduation that I did yesterday for Monroe High School.

Attachments

• Bridesmaids Scott Wedding.jpg
    Bridesmaids Scott Wedding.jpg
    756.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Brides Bouquet Scott Wedding.jpg
    Brides Bouquet Scott Wedding.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Monroe High Graduation 2009.jpg
    Monroe High Graduation 2009.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Monroe Grad 2009 Side Arrangment.jpg
    Monroe Grad 2009 Side Arrangment.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Monroe Grad 2009 Center Arr.jpg
    Monroe Grad 2009 Center Arr.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 94
Here is wired and taped cym, dendro, and steph cascade from last weekend...
4317_1103179033081_1634904386_235537_7218015_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...1103179033081_1634904386_235537_7218015_n.jpg

Here are pics from a wedding a few weeks ago. The bride had a "peacock" theme... colors were green and blue/purple.

Pics are, in order: bride's bouq, bride & groom, maids bouq, ceremony arrangements, and centerpieces. I didn't get pics of the bouts and corsages, which I'm bummed about... they had peacock feathers, too. Hopefully the photog will have some good ones to share.
Hi Snapdragon-
What beautiful flowers...one of my favorite color combinations!!
May I ask what the blue flower is in the third picture, next to the iris??..thanks!!!