Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
Got a order from 1-800 flowers for delivry dec. 31.
Item requested is the elegant Wishes arr.
Item in arr isfrom what I can gather from pic.
3 snaps,
3 stargazer lilies
2 commercial spiders
2 alstro
3 solidaster stem
2 limonium stem
2 long stem roses
salal
11" urn vase
I figure my cost and I didnt have anough money. SO I send a ask for $15.00 more.
They gave me $59.99 US which converts to $75.20 cdn
not counting delivery. My price woould have been in the $90.00 price range if I did my calculationright.
I got a reply on my ask and I quote:
Good morning, why do you need so much extra for this order. The arrangement is 59.99. I can give you an additional $5.00 for delivery. Please accept this price change. thank you and have anice day.
Now show I cancel this order anyway witht he attidute they are giving me or should I still fill the order.
What would you do????
Luc

How fast CAN you REJ it?

No happy ending with this one, Luc.

I'd reject that puppy. Based on that recipe, I could not do it for $59.99 delivered out here. Besides, they collect more than $5 from the customer for delivery.

Re: What would you do in this care?

Originally posted by Luc
Got a order from 1-800 flowers for delivry dec. 31.
Item requested is the elegant Wishes arr.
Item in arr isfrom what I can gather from pic.
3 snaps,
3 stargazer lilies
2 commercial spiders
2 alstro
3 solidaster stem
2 limonium stem
2 long stem roses
salal
11" urn vase
I figure my cost and I didnt have anough money. SO I send a ask for $15.00 more.
They gave me $59.99 US which converts to $75.20 cdn
not counting delivery. My price woould have been in the $90.00 price range if I did my calculationright.
I got a reply on my ask and I quote:
Good morning, why do you need so much extra for this order. The arrangement is 59.99. I can give you an additional $5.00 for delivery. Please accept this price change. thank you and have anice day.
Now show I cancel this order anyway witht he attidute they are giving me or should I still fill the order.
What would you do????
Luc

If you need more money to properly fill the order so you don't lose money on it, then you should have it, if you don't get the price you need, then REJ it, and tell them to have a nice day.

That's what I would do anyway.

Be like asking you to do a dozen roses in a vase for 30.00 and you need 50.00 to properly fill it. Would you do that? I don't think so. :)

McCann and crew has for too long been sending orders undervalued and getting away with it.

Hasta la vista baby...that order would be sooooo out of here (mostly because of their lack of knowledge of Canadian shops and the pricing etc.and their snotty attitude!).

Guess they'll have to try the other company. ;)

Wellll.....

Since it is 800crap... I "might" wait til I was leaving for the day on the 30th, and reject it then :eek:

But today...I would wait til the 31st and do it....

play nice or go home, and that means MY rules, MY prices, MY choice...

you have EVERY right to ask for your costs to be covered.....including whatever profit you have deemed necessary for YOUR business.....send another ask for the amt you want and tell them that you are sorry but you are unable to fill the order as requested that you need more money.......if you have to reject the order remember that YOU get charged for that.....

LUC...

YOUR shop, YOUR srp's, and YOUR rules, guess what, YOU run the shop in Elliott(s) Lake...if 1800Flwrs wants to offer you 100 g's US, then you'd be MORE than happy to accomodate them!!
Stand your ground my friend...it's just 1800FLWRS, not a bear!!
Don't even KNOW why you're fretting over THIS one??!!
Mike:confused:

Luc, did you forget; 800Flowers SUCKS; REJ REJ REJ REJ
We received another call tonight but my staff is chicken and told them we don't deliver there!!!!!!!! I was thinking more along the lines of Jack McBile (Royal Canadian Air Farce) myself but some of us Canadians are too polite and politically correct (NOT me)!!!!!!
ROCK ON.............................
ps oh yeah, did I say 800Flowers SUCKS???????
PPS It won't do you any good to ask for more money, they'll try to find a reason to CAN...........

Luc,

Think of it this way.
A customer comes in the store. The customer demands to have 27% discount off an arrangment.

Picks out and arrangment for $89.99 but then only only wants to pay $59.99 plus the discount for a grand total of $43.79 for an arrangment that should cost $89.99.

Now would you let a customer get away with that in your shop.

I would of did the figuring like you did and asked for the additional monies, if they would of given it then fill it but if only $5 extra , REJECT IT. With the question why so much extra it is only XXXX? I would of responded with that maybe your price on your site, but in my shop it is this amount that is required to fill that particular item and it is XXX to deliver it........
Cyndi

Who's name goes out on it? And if they don't like it, who eats the cost of the order (clue, it ain't them) They can "adjust" your statement WITHOUT you ok'ing it.

"Unable to fill at price given, MY reputation is too important to me"

Also, when the customer *****es, they'll blame it on YOUR shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.