Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy D'Amico

May 17, 2005
Barnegat NJ, USA
www.myrosegardenflorist.com
State / Prov
NJ
Oh, what we do in the name of paying the bills.

Not my favorite, but I did my best. I submit evidence of my floral whoredom below. It really is what the bride wanted, and she loved loved loved this - her bouquet.
DSC_0028-14.JPG

OMG, they're like giant purple people eaters.

On a sidenote - picasa3 has a new watermark option, AND a re-touch option. Love it.

Reactions: 6 people
Tracy... love the styles... just not the psychodelic colours. ;)

Good job, because it is what she paid for and ultimately loved x 3.

V

Reactions: 1 person
I'M BLIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

<<<<<<<<,,,,,,, but I like it !
Great job Tracy.

Reactions: 3 people
How did you get the callas blue? Pleasing the bride is where it's at!
Crap, they're supposed to be purple! I really hope it's your monitor ;).

Anyway, little tiny finger condoms draped over the flower spadix, then spray like hell with PURPLE design master. In layers, so it didn't drip, front and back.

Word of caution, though I've sprayed mini callas frequently, these gorgeous open cut Mayesh callas must have been pre-treated with an anti transpirant, because the paint was peeling on the tester we did early in the week. Leave the paint off till you're ready to make, as late as possible in your prep time. Even the day of, we re-touched with chenille dipped in paint for little chipping on the edges of the callas, which happened just from brushing against the steph stems.

The guys got mini callas painted the same, and there was no paint chip issue at all ...

Yes, the bride was cautioned against over-handling, so I think everything turned out just fine.

Maybe next will be teal stargazers and black orchids :rolleyes:

Tracy, I absolutely LOVE that you can admit to (and appreciate) the prostitution nature of our business!!!!!! That bouquet really made me smile!!!!!

I thought I was a flower whore for making a hand tied cascade today, because I cheated and taped a jr' miss nosegay holder to the front of a hand tied bouquet...all so I didn't have to wire and tape everything. It still looked like the bouquet was throwning up flowers!

I think we all deserve a budvase full of wine today (theat is Chezbloom's cocktail)!!!!

Tracy, I absolutely LOVE that you can admit to (and appreciate) the prostitution nature of our business!!!!!! That bouquet really made me smile!!!!!
Yah, that's why I made the photo really BIG - you just can't appreciate prostitution of this scale in a thumbnail pic. :>

I think we all deserve a budvase full of wine today (theat is Chezbloom's cocktail)!!!!
Personally, I'm going for a C999 full of wine myself ;)

flower-whores unite!

would that make TF/FTD/800 our pimp?

That is like a big colorful crazy-quilt! Congrats on making the bride happy, Tracy!

GAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY EYES, MY EYES.

Your bride is happy, You got paid !!!! Great job

( Now, about the taste level of your bride...........HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM)

Almost anything might work in the right setting. I would be curious to see how it fit into the other decor. Was it a bright primary color contemporary look? What color were the bridesmaids dresses.

By the way, your execution was very good even though I would have thought twice about the colors.

Carol Bice

Almost anything might work in the right setting. I would be curious to see how it fit into the other decor. Was it a bright primary color contemporary look? What color were the bridesmaids dresses.

By the way, your execution was very good even though I would have thought twice about the colors.

Carol Bice
Thank you Carol - I thought 10 times about the colors, but the bride brought me a sketch from some online magnet flower design gallery that she made. I tried and tried to change her mind, in my subtle salesmanship way, without out & out saying it was a ridiculous choice. Let's do the MINI calls purple (that way they'll be more sublte), "naaaaah, I really want the big ones purple!" The bridesmaid dresses were the exact shade as the callas - believe it or not, their swatch matched the purple Design Master perfectly. Lucky me :rolleyes:

She originally wanted the purple for them as well - after I explained that they would blend with her dresses too much & disappear, she chose them just for her. It's unthinkable, that those purple people eaters could become invisible, but that gave her some pause, thankfully. I almost had 30 of those babies to paint purple.

Centerpieces & bridesmaids are in my PUBLIC gallery :>. I am feeling very bold today.

I am happy to join the flower whore union. :) I'm even happier to be on the inside track of the Chezbloom Cocktail. Love it! :) (sipping as we type)

V

I am happy to join the flower whore union. :) I'm even happier to be on the inside track of the Chezbloom Cocktail. Love it! :) (sipping as we type)

V
Well welcome then! I think we need a secret handshake, and maybe a uniform toolbelt that requires spray paint, glitter spray, ting ting, lace ribbon ......

happy bride = happy florist

I don't know if that tops my last whore wedding. It was accually my largest $$ wedding to date.

Started out good. She wanted a cascade bouquet with white roses, white orchids, white callas, white stock, blue delph, sounds fine so far right, then she said she wants lots and lots of babies breath in it!!! argghhh I tried to suggest other subs she could use that would highlight the beautiful flowers she chose. Nope, lots of bb.
Her centerpieces all 24 of them were in bubble bowls the ones with the ruffled tops, blue rocks in the bottom, white roses and you guessed it lots and lots of bb all "popping" out the top.

I had the brides bouquet done and on a stand on my bench, waiting delivery, my saturday driver walked in and honestly thought it was a sympathy piece.
When she found out it was for a wedding and was the brides she felt so bad, I told thats ok, really there is little difference between a wedding and a funeral anyway, right?

Anyway, nice job creating what your customer wanted. and I agree your design is nice, it's just the color choice.

Hey I whored myself into giving free advice... I got cookies out of it though HA!

Anyway, You do what you gotta do, and right now we need to make all the money we can..

So don't sweat it honey! ya done good!

happy bride = happy florist

I don't know if that tops my last whore wedding. It was accually my largest $$ wedding to date.

Started out good. She wanted a cascade bouquet with white roses, white orchids, white callas, white stock, blue delph, sounds fine so far right, then she said she wants lots and lots of babies breath in it!!! argghhh I tried to suggest other subs she could use that would highlight the beautiful flowers she chose. Nope, lots of bb.
Her centerpieces all 24 of them were in bubble bowls the ones with the ruffled tops, blue rocks in the bottom, white roses and you guessed it lots and lots of bb all "popping" out the top.

I had the brides bouquet done and on a stand on my bench, waiting delivery, my saturday driver walked in and honestly thought it was a sympathy piece.
When she found out it was for a wedding and was the brides she felt so bad, I told thats ok, really there is little difference between a wedding and a funeral anyway, right?

Anyway, nice job creating what your customer wanted. and I agree your design is nice, it's just the color choice.

lol Sooo sorry, but that is hysterical! That is actually worse than a bride I had 2 weeks ago. She wanted orange roses with BB! UGH!!! But I have to say the ruffle bubble bowls with the blue rocks and BB is quite a visual!

Status
Not open for further replies.