winter flowers-memorial days-pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are an outstanding designer. Since you live in Germany, have you studied with Gregor Lersch? I see some signs of his style in your work.

Carol Bice

Reactions: Aqua
hello Carol, no, I didn`t study with him.
But thanks!!! I`m not very interestet in " Designers" or the names of them, sorry. Maybe some of his work crossed my way, but I`m not sure.
I try to be special for my customers and for myself.

~Silvie~

Beautiful and unique. In the heart shaped on you have roses sitting in something circular, can you tell me what it is?
Thanks,
Sharon

I love your style.

Aqua, your work is by far the nicest funeral and grave work i have EVER seen. Seriously it is fab. I wish we could sell here what you do. Please continue to share, I am so inspired.

I too think it looks like the designer that Carol said, very very inspiring work.

Aqua - Are you familiar with or have you worked with another german designer named Klaus Wagner? I see his influence in the work you present.

Gregor Lersh, Klaus Wagner are two german designers who are featured quite a bit here in the states ..... they are wonderful instructors and really do show us how the techniques of layering and the like that we see in your creations.

Your work is fabulous and also, the real interplay of texture just captivates me. Most people respond to color.......I respond to texture, textural contrasts, and great combinations of texture.

No I`m not familiar with both ( Gregor Lersch and Klaus Wagner) what a pitty!!!!
We are here under a strong influence of many many good Floral Designers, not allways very popular. That gives every day a new kick and new ideas.
People here like the texture work very much. The trend is very pure... (?)Puristisch
less is more.
It has been allways my style to work with natural materials.
My teacher gave me one day a homework: here you have a wreath and 3 white Callas, nothing else..... I need it tomorrow morning, take a walk in the winter forest and impress me, please.
I did!!!!

But I love to work with colours to!!!!!!

Hope you`re doing good!!!!!

~Silvie~

Correct, these are silk roses, foam roses and rubber callas...
we begin to prepare at 15th Oct. unfortunately it depends on the weather, if it`s too hot, Nobilis, Cypres and the other winter green quickly get faded.
Most of our customers visited our show last weekeknd and have allready ordered. We also have the pics in our shop for the other customers.
We`re producing these winter flower from Oct. until the end of Nov. Thats the peak season for it. We use the remaining materials for our funerals in the winter season....
Yes, some of the designs need many time, but we`re also doing easier things!!!

~Silvie~

Reactions: Sprout
Thank you for posting the pictures of your work, I really think they are stunning. I really love the German style of work it is so organic and natural.
I was fortunate to attend a design school many years ago in Germany, where all the materials were provided and what we were given was alot of grasses, pods and natural materials a far cry from the "commercial flowers" I'm used to. The emphasis was much more on the design and texture of the piece rather than a mass of flowers which our customers here in the UK expect. I really enjoyed the experience just wish my customers would appreciate that style too.
Beautiful work, well done.:thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.