would you hire this designer??

just a novice but......View attachment 14497

C'on Mikey....

This clearly is not laying it all out.
You said "would you hire this designer?? Just a novice but"
And then a pic of a not so great arrangement.

And I said with some directions she'd make a good designer- That's the part I'm right about because she is a good designer based on the spray.

Anyhoo- I loves you too Mikey!

But it's OK

How long did she work for you before Mikey? I mean if she had only been counter help before and that was her design skill level...then OK, But If she had been a designer for a few years and made that- I'd say no IF you were hiring her as a designer only.

When you said the designer was a "novice" I was thinking a true novice- non professional.
I mean seriously- it's an ugly ass arrangement. The flower combo absolutely sucks, the color combo REALLY sucks, but with some tweaking with some one who is new to the industry and hasen't been poisoned by dillusions of granduer, they might have a chance. If this woman thinks she's good- then no.

you called it an "ugly ass arrangement" and SHE didn't "think" she was good.....WE did......AND I DID say that the coolers were in serious depletion

C'on Mikey....

This clearly is not laying it all out.
You said "would you hire this designer?? Just a novice but"
And then a pic of a not so great arrangement.

And I said with some directions she'd make a good designer- That's the part I'm right about because she is a good designer based on the spray.

Anyhoo- I loves you too Mikey!

But it's OK

but COULD YOU loves me for a LONG TIME??........

you called it an "ugly ass arrangement" and SHE didn't "think" she was good.....WE did......AND I DID say that the coolers were in serious depletion

Yeah- but not at first!!! I mean from YOUR first post you did not disclose the whole story.
And it is an ugly ass arrangement...But the spray isn't! Good grief!!!!

on this arrangement, did she pick the vase and the flowers, or you directed her to?. With these exact flowers if displayed properly in a contemporary container, I think the final
look will be more acceptable. There is no ruling which says one cannot mix tropicals
with holland type flowers. In our tropical countries we get banana leaves and coconut husks
when making an island arrangement in a sea shell as a container...better still you could just
put an orchid garland and wrap it around some bamboos.....we all have to be creative with what little we have...a good designer finds some elements in the store and uses it.
This arrangement looks like made by someone with minimum design experience, she may be a great everyday round vased order filler...you may want to just put her in making your roses for m/d...but first show how you do it..you never know.

on this arrangement, did she pick the vase and the flowers, or you directed her to?. With these exact flowers if displayed properly in a contemporary container, I think the final
look will be more acceptable. There is no ruling which says one cannot mix tropicals
with holland type flowers. In our tropical countries we get banana leaves and coconut husks
when making an island arrangement in a sea shell as a container...better still you could just
put an orchid garland and wrap it around some bamboos.....we all have to be creative with what little we have...a good designer finds some elements in the store and uses it.
This arrangement looks like made by someone with minimum design experience, she may be a great everyday round vased order filler...you may want to just put her in making your roses for m/d...but first show how you do it..you never know.

we just "let her go at the coolers"......I would say you are correct, and everyone has been helpful...this younger than us lady, is heading back out west on wednesday, to get her affairs in order, finalize the sale of their house, and then start the "process".
Finding anyone with more than just "basic skills" is becoming very hard, but, the idea that she actually WANTS to be in this biz, has our ears "perked".....

we just "let her go at the coolers"......I would say you are correct, and everyone has been helpful...this younger than us lady, is heading back out west on wednesday, to get her affairs in order, finalize the sale of their house, and then start the "process".
Finding anyone with more than just "basic skills" is becoming very hard, but, the idea that she actually WANTS to be in this biz, has our ears "perked".....

Well Good luck Homie!

What's the Ricky King syndrome Miikey ? Not mad or anything......just curious ?

Mikey, one more thought, what do your other designers and or employees think of her? Would they be willing to work with her? Are you going to hire her? Guess I am full of questions this morning! lol! :)

she came in, when the others were not here.....I'm sure she'll be back sometime during the summer......

Reactions: FANCIES
He made it pretty clear---- Ricky King Syndrome= Employee knows more than Boss

perhaps, I SHOULD have said "when the employee is MORE TALENTED than the boss that he/she works for/or is applying to work for"!
Holy, did I dot all the i's??..........

What's the Ricky King syndrome Miikey ? Not mad or anything......just curious ?

it was a compliment Ricky......you're our in-house floral intimidater/gladiator.....

perhaps, I SHOULD have said "when the employee is MORE TALENTED than the boss that he/she works for/or is applying to work for"!
Holy, did I dot all the i's??..........

Oh good! that sounds a lot nicer when you put it like that!! I wish I could go to work for a shop where I was the LEAST talented designer. OMG- I would love that!
When I took Hitomis Class in OKC- OMGosh! What talent in the room! Every designer in there was AMAZING. Seriously I was the least talented designer in the room as far as I could see. I would have loved to stay there forever. It was like "Shannon Eutopia".

Oh good! that sounds a lot nicer when you put it like that!! I wish I could go to work for a shop where I was the LEAST talented designer. OMG- I would love that!
When I took Hitomis Class in OKC- OMGosh! What talent in the room! Every designer in there was AMAZING. Seriously I was the least talented designer in the room as far as I could see. I would have loved to stay there forever. It was like "Shannon Eutopia".

I can see why "albuquirky" loves it's Shannon.......

Reactions: shannonlovesflowers
Intimadator/ Gladiator............??? Naaaaaaah, Just a tired overworked, underpaid florist, like the rest of us.