WS website images & "photoshop"

HERE'S ANOTHER "What ATE Tinkerbell"
ordered_this-got_this3a.gif

I am not a fan of the wire services......That is a known fact in these here parts. However, at the current shop where I am employed, It is a TF member shop. However, I am thought of in the shop well enough to be included in purchasing decisions, including what containers to buy. Part of this is due to a strong account that the largest funeral home has with the shop and they base what they sell to the families on a TF sympathy selection guide. However, before we decided on what Christmas containers to get, I took and attempted to 'recreate' the pictured design using what flowers we had.....and I can say with that the pictured designs ARE re-creatable. Now, I am bringing a new flair to the shop and taking ther business to new levels. In another thread, I will be posting some images of some of the specialized designs created and how they came about.

Reactions: Tuberose
I am not a fan of the wire services......That is a known fact in these here parts. However, at the current shop where I am employed, It is a TF member shop. However, I am thought of in the shop well enough to be included in purchasing decisions, including what containers to buy. Part of this is due to a strong account that the largest funeral home has with the shop and they base what they sell to the families on a TF sympathy selection guide. However, before we decided on what Christmas containers to get, I took and attempted to 'recreate' the pictured design using what flowers we had.....and I can say with that the pictured designs ARE re-creatable. Now, I am bringing a new flair to the shop and taking ther business to new levels. In another thread, I will be posting some images of some of the specialized designs created and how they came about.

Look forward to the pictures. I am assuming that you used the recipes, hit the "approx" dims and the orientations - all-around, "one-sided" et cetera - and would be interested to know how long it took for each recipe.

Aahhh, consumer arranged drop ship and what did happen to the lilies? Was it the shipper or, perhaps, recip or both?

TO give and example of how I did this........WITHOUT the container..........Take for instance the kincade thing. I folded a bit of cardboard to about the same size as the dimensions of the house......and used some older spray roses and standard roses......with some bits of leather and pitt......to see if the design pictured was 'recreateable' -

Reactions: FANCIES
TO give and example of how I did this........WITHOUT the container..........Take for instance the kincade thing. I folded a bit of cardboard to about the same size as the dimensions of the house......and used some older spray roses and standard roses......with some bits of leather and pitt......to see if the design pictured was 'recreateable' -

Ricky,

Thanks for the reply and the explanation...interesting. However, with the Kinkade, isn't this exactly part of the problem of the website imagery. The Kinkade recipe refers to it as all-around. However, for the photography, all the flowering flora is facing the camera and visible. Therefore, if you follow the recipe and the imagery, the rear of the piece has nothing.

No consumer explanation is given by TF. Further, TF does not permit anyone to modify a TF image or sales and marketing text for a TF item - understandable but mis-leading - for use on a florists' TF nosted sight.

So, what do you do as a florist? You basically end up putting more flora into the piece than the piece calls for and minimising your margin.

(And the up-graded version of the 2011 Kinkade with white spray roses instead of white buttons is pure "photoshop").

Well, for us, the KEY is this. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT SAYS WE MUST FOLLOW THE PICTURE UNLESS IT IS AN INCOMING ORDER. So, We are planning our OWN recipes with the codified products. When that incoming order comes in.....'OOOOPS We are SOLD out of that item", In that case......the incoming order......I just space out the flowers a little more.....use slightly more open blossoms, and make sure that a price change reflects the additional materials needed to fill out the design. ( Yes, I beleive in the price change and have NO qualms asking for more money ) However, With our recipes, I plan on being truly sold out of those items by the time the incoming orders start to flow in.....so I can honestly say....SOLD OUT.

Well, for us, the KEY is this. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT SAYS WE MUST FOLLOW THE PICTURE UNLESS IT IS AN INCOMING ORDER. So, We are planning our OWN recipes with the codified products. When that incoming order comes in.....'OOOOPS We are SOLD out of that item", In that case......the incoming order......I just space out the flowers a little more.....use slightly more open blossoms, and make sure that a price change reflects the additional materials needed to fill out the design. ( Yes, I beleive in the price change and have NO qualms asking for more money ) However, With our recipes, I plan on being truly sold out of those items by the time the incoming orders start to flow in.....so I can honestly say....SOLD OUT.

Ricky,
It still doesn't solve the problem of the disappointed customer who sees a picture on the website and orders it.....either way they don't get what they thought they were ordering.

We are in the process of dropping TF and so I'm working on getting a new credit card processing company or bank, and I'm looking into a new non-TF hosted website. Can you tell me about your website and how it works? Internet orders are definitely here to stay, and I'd like to get it right!

My site works very very well...

www.demoflowershop.com is where I got it ;)

Reactions: dll
When I was part of eFlorist(tf) it was a common complaint that there was just too much choice. And lets face it there is way too much. Before I got out there was around 120 different floral gift designs to choose from at any one time. I once sat and tried to work out how many different flowers and varieties I needed to be able to create a design at any given moment. I can't remeber the amount but it did freak me out. I even allowed for some substitutions but it was still rediculous. I don't how many designs each ws has available but if you are members of several this must really compound the problem.
Until they start putting up photos of the product viewed from different angles (eFlorist does this) and they seriously reduce the number of designs available at anyone given time or push more florist choice items in different colour ways (eFlorists best sellers apparently are florist choice designs in various colours) this will just continue to be a problem. A small shop may only have 30 or so different types/colours of flowers available were as a large shop may have 70 or so different ones available. I'm quite sure they could have a small basic core of designs plus florist choice designs and then just a handful of seasonal designs. This would help to make it more profitable - the customer would more likely get what they ordered (no photo shopped designs) and the ws/og would get much less press.
Not that I'm part of it but it does refelect on the industry as a whole (we all get painted with that brush).

Reactions: Simon Says