Status
Not open for further replies.

wrdlady47

Feb 27, 2008
Roselle Park
State / Prov
new Jersey
You no longer have a thumbprint

You tell people you have a wedding, christening, two funerals and a shower and they think you have a very busy social life.

No one rolls one tighter than you.

The carpets in your house have a brown/green path.

You don't know what a hot lunch is.

Your head tilts permanently to one side.

No one can grab anything out of your grasp.

You don't know what a sick day is.

Reactions: 3 people
:lol:

Love it!

-You appall manicurists on a regular basis.
-You take your bra off and leaves fall out.
-You go to a social function and people think you put glitter on your face to look pretty

Reactions: 2 people
I can definately relate to all of those....How about - ?

- You can't find anything to wear from your cupboard that dosn't have a stain on it!

Great for a laugh, I can definately relate...

you get out of work late so you spray leaf shine on your black boots to polish them up a bit.

you eat lunch with a cardette, after you scrubbed the oasis knife and used it to cut your food with.

Reactions: 3 people
or how about .....

All drinks without lids also have "floaters" in them!

That's ok, we just pick 'em out, take a drink and keep going!!

Reactions: 1 person
You have explained for the umpteenth time that no, you are not a redneck but a floral designer and THAT's why you are carrying a pocket knife in your purse.:>

you guys are so great

I'm a 'lerker' OR A ' NEWBIE ' but you guys are so great.. I've been doing this for 23 years and I finally feel I have someone who understands
LOL. Thanks for the inspiration !!!!!!

I'm a 'lerker' OR A ' NEWBIE ' but you guys are so great.. I've been doing this for 23 years and I finally feel I have someone who understands
LOL. Thanks for the inspiration !!!!!!

The only people that can understand our mental world is another florist...!:spintongu

Welcome.!

*When you no longer think it's funny when you are carrying a bouquet and a passer by says "FOR ME?". :rolleyes:

*When you can no longer relate when a customer comes in your shop and says "Oh, it smells so good in here!"

You might be a florist if...
your fingers are stained black from pine sap and it doesn't go away til Valentine's Day. At which time you want to slap the next guy that walks in and says "I have to have something to take home because of this Hallmark holiday". Followed up with the should we or shouldn't we stock Easter this year due to it falling so early. Eat the head off the last chocolate bunny and take out the "you're a great assistant, secretary, administrative profession (my God, can we just pick one already) display. Roll right into prom-mothers day-another prom-graduation-and a summer of weddings. Gift shows to select the 4th quarter merchandise that you hope will appeal to this year's shoppers. Start harvesting the pumpkins, gourds and mums. Let's hope they're not too big, too small or too short. Put them out at night, drag'em back in the morning. Put up the back to school/Happy Grandparents Day display and take a breath (just one) before the Christmas merchandise shows up on the hottest day of August in a semi tractor driven by a 400lb gorilla that says "talegate delivery only". So we unload it and proceed to trip over it for 2 more months. All the while contemplating if you ordered the correct shade of red and green, or should you have gone with the berry and lime, only time will tell. But for now it's time to put out the ghosts and goblins, witches and warlocks cause it's time to celebrate Halloween. But not for too long, that display needs to be down by October 20th so Christmas trees can be festooned with thousands of little lights that only work while you're decorating the tree. When you're done so are they. The lights either don't work, start uncontrolable flashing or burn out. No problem, throw another strand on there and plug them into the 2ft long rope of end to end plugs. After every tree goes up, all the dancing characters are in position, the coffee pots & chafing dishes are warming up and the guests start arriving for the private party open house. This would then be the time when the Fire Inspector walks in for his annual check. Let me grab a glass of wine while he finishes his inspection and we'll get back to the party. The party's over and the weather dipps to subzero temps. Now all the points need double and tripple wrap to safely deliver them. If one more designer hands me a broken stem from the point and says "can you do something with this?" I hate-hate-hate points. I have two kinds of customers, those who have the same plant alive for the last 13 years and the others who've not been able to keep that plant alive until the sender can get a look at it. Which brings us back to the fingers stuck together with black pine sap. And then we start all over again.
But like they say "It would be so much fun to work in a flower shop!"

I was wondering if anybody had commented on

"it would be so much fun to work in a flower shop" Yeah, I wanna smack those people.

Also deserving of a smack is the ladies who come into the store, look at the
5 thousand arrangements in the cooler, don't like any of them. Have you make something different, while telling you how they took a "flower arranging" class ONCE, so they know just what they like!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.