You know you're a florist when:

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you find yourself pricing centerpieces in your head for every dinner/wedding/event that you attend.

or rearranging/fluffing silk arrangements in public places you visit.

When you think of Valentines day the first thing that comes to your mind is NO SLEEP, LONG HOURS, CRAZY DAYS, CRAZY CUSTOMERS, AND THE REGISTER RINGING.
The last thing on your mind is a romantic dinner or evening out with the hubby.

Same goes for Mother's Day

oh,
and you NOTICE EVERY ARRANGEMENT in every movie, every commercial, every TV show, and start to count it up to see what it costs!!

even though you have been doing this forever, you still marvel at the fragrance, velvety softness and perfectness of every flower and still have the overwhelming urge to bury your face in a bunch of stock, snaps, peonies, lilies etc and take a big whiff because it makes you so @@@@ happy to be alive and doing what you love every single day....[/quote]

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL. YOU HAVE SAID IT PERFECTLY!!

I ESPECIALY LIKE THE PAPER TOWEL AND TAPE, BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!

----WHEN YOUR THUMBS ARE SPLIT AND HURT LIKE H~~L ON HOLIDAYS. (IT'S THE ONLY TIME THEY SPLIT ONLY WHEN THERE IS SO MUCH TO BE DONE.)

---FORWARDING YOUR PHONES TO YOUR CELL SO YOU CAN BE REACH AND THEY DON'T CALL SOMEONE ELSE.

But the best: YOU KNOW YOU'RE A FLORIST WHEN: no one ever sends or gives YOU flowers !!

Jennifer

I insist that ~all my men~ send me flowers! But...you know you're a florist when you feel that you have to ~rearrange~ them!

All your dreams consist of your customers and their flower orders!

You leap out of bed Sunday morning, and realize it's your day off!

Your customer calls to thank you for supplying a knife with their boxed flowers!

Reactions: 1 person
You know I've been just lmao reading these! BUT, I keep thinking of a country song that comes to mind. Don't know who sings it but it is current. "You're gonna miss this, gonna want this back , these are the good times..."

When you go to a funeral, and check the backs of the card messages, to find out which shop DID the piece, and "critique" it on the spot!!

OH MAN!!! TOTALLY DITTO THAT ONE!!!!

It's so bad, I go to a lot of funerals, I have a big family and so does hubby.
Sometimes I just stare at the flowers and not even pay attention to the service.

I KNOW, I'M HORRIBLE!!

How did I miss this thread!

You know you're a florist when you have "dumpster dived" because "your " knife went out in the trash and you've gone all the way to the bottom to find it. Don't you hate when that happens!!! :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

May I use your quotes

Jumping this thread because I need your help and permission to do something with your collective quotes.

You see I really want to get more UK florists on board with Flowerchat but there is a bit of resistance because it is perceived as too American and therefore not interesting to Brits as things must be different over there!

However, as I said when this thread first appeared, not only did it make me both roar with laughter, get a lump in my throat but, perhaps more importantly, made me realise florists are the same the world over even if we use slightly different words. Not just on this sort of thread but the meaty bsuiness ones as well.

Which is where everyone who responded comes in.

Because while I still believe that this is the best forum for both learning the biz side of things and having a giggle, I need to showcase it a bit and why I thought if I could take some of the more light hearted threads and turn them into features for my on-line magazine I could show my UK readers that actually florists are the same the world over and that wherever we live/work we can understand and help each other.

Therefore I've taken your quotes and added a call to action to encourage UK florists to log on to flowerchat (there will be a direct link) so that more UK florists can be encouraged to enjoy and contribute to the amazing experience I have had in the last year and a bit.

Obviously though I want you (and FC in general) to know what I plan to do as I wouldn't want anyone to think that I am just lifting stuff willy nilly. However hopefully you will all be happy with what I have done and you will give me permission to use your comments. Have a look and let me know what you think.

Kind regards,

Carrie

Attachments

• youknow2.pdf
    260.9 KB · Views: 37
You know I've been just lmao reading these! BUT, I keep thinking of a country song that comes to mind. Don't know who sings it but it is current. "You're gonna miss this, gonna want this back , these are the good times..."

That is sung by Tracy Atkins. He was the runner up on Celebrity Apprentice also.

Carrie, if I've said anything worth using, you're welcome to it.

Another way that you know you're a florist: when you buy magazines, such as Veranda or even Better Homes & Gardens, simply to look at the floral arrangements in the rooms.

Carrie,

It looks wonderful. I think I'll forward this thread on to my sister-in-law in Washington state.

Status
Not open for further replies.