You know you're a florist when:

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you can't remember the wedding couples name but remember the exact flowers, fillers and foliage from last week's wedding.

Ok, these are all just TOO funny !! I thought it was just me!! ( have done all of that)
especially like the leaves falling out of the bra!!
aside form eating with cardettes, they are great for stirring coffee.
I like my coffee with 2 sugars and a bit of leaf shine!

Floral tape is the best band-aid.

Stupid things people say: My husbands christmas party, big affair in DC, busiest day of the season for me. Run home, shower, use brillo pad to srub the black sap from my hands. Get their, (my husband couldn't put a glass of wine in my hands quick enough) standing in heels is agonizing (oh my back! ). Have a conversation with some woman and when I say I am a florist she says: " OH HOW RELAXING"! I looked at her like she had 2 heads! (here's your sign) ..

But the best: YOU KNOW YOU'RE A FLORIST WHEN: no one ever sends or gives YOU flowers !!

Jennifer

Reactions: 1 person
I'm a 'lerker' OR A ' NEWBIE ' but you guys are so great.. I've been doing this for 23 years and I finally feel I have someone who understands
LOL. Thanks for the inspiration !!!!!!

Have we inspired you not to lurk anymore? ;) Hope so!

V

When you come home and find gum stuck all over your shoes and you can't stop smelling it from your hands.

When people complain ' I don't buy flowers because they always die! '

When every single flower that was ever created still captures your heart because every petal, every stamen, every stem is just so perfect you want to show it off!

When every single flower that was ever created still captures your heart because every petal, every stamen, every stem is just so perfect you want to show it off!

Oh, yes! :blowkiss: :bouquet2: :bouquet2:

...when you use GreenGlo to oil locks and everything else.

...when you scan the obs. and pay more attention to where services will be held than to anything else.

...when you notice a customer backing away from you, and you realize that you are still holding your knife.

...when you have to restrain yourself when a "customer" says, I'm doing my own wedding (party, whatever) and want to ask you some questions.

...thoughts of Christmas no longer bring warm fuzzy feelings.

When your coffee has an oil slick from Green glo...but you sip it anyway....lol

You really know you're a florist when:

There is not one fresh flower, silk arrangement or palnt in your house because you take care of the crap at work and don't want to deal with it at home...

You don't decorate for xmas because you put up trees and garland and ornaments and light for 2 months before christmas in your store and you think, "oh, forget the house, I won't even be there to see it this month anyway."

You cut your fingers and no blood comes out because the skin is calloused down at least 8 layers.

You cut your finger and see blood and immediately know you need an emergency room because you have definately hit a vein....

You cut a finger, wrap it in paper towel and 2 "oasis tape or duct tape and think, "Well that should hold the bleeding for a couple of hours until I can get to the hospital, when the wedding/holiday/funeral is done."

You are late to your own wedding because a customer's parent died and you needed to deliver their flowers before you got to the church for your wedding...

and last but not least, someone already said it...

even though you have been doing this forever, you still marvel at the fragrance, velvety softness and perfectness of every flower and still have the overwhelming urge to bury your face in a bunch of stock, snaps, peonies, lilies etc and take a big whiff because it makes you so @@@@ happy to be alive and doing what you love every single day....

Reactions: 2 people
when someone asks you what is your favorite flower and you realize its ALL OF THEM.

I have sat here and roared with laughter and admit I shed a little tear when I read "you still marvel at the fragrance, velvety softness and perfectness of every flower and still have the overwhelming urge to bury your face in a bunch of stock, snaps, peonies, lilies etc and take a big whiff because it makes you so @@@@ happy to be alive and doing what you love every single day....

May I have your permission to work it into an article and load it on our website (full credit and link to flowerchat of course) for my Uk florists to share.

Carrie

I have sat here and roared with laughter and admit I shed a little tear when I read "you still marvel at the fragrance, velvety softness and perfectness of every flower and still have the overwhelming urge to bury your face in a bunch of stock, snaps, peonies, lilies etc and take a big whiff because it makes you so @@@@ happy to be alive and doing what you love every single day....

May I have your permission to work it into an article and load it on our website (full credit and link to flowerchat of course) for my Uk florists to share.

Carrie

Absolutely, you can.....it is a feel good statement that reminds us all that we really do love what we do despite the customers, idiots and drags on our lives....

Status
Not open for further replies.