Your favorite fiction books

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpringCity

May 19, 2008
Milwaukee
State / Prov
WI
Could you guys recommend some good fiction? I realize that is subjective. What are some books you love, and why? I think when I'm at home I want to be reading more, and computing & tv-ing less.

I look forward to your replies!

Robin, on my facebook profile page I have a list of books I've read as well as ones I want to read. Go there! I'm with you..I've been reading A LOT lately. Although mine are not fiction..more of a personal subject.

Reactions: SpringCity
John Grisham, truly unputdownable... and i actually learnt a bit.. also not mushy just court room drama.

It's a classic as far as I'm concerned. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

I have a secret thing for priests

When I finally get a chance to park my butt in a beach chair and read, my mind is put on "hibernate"... so I really can't tolerate any novels that require much thought. That leaves just romance smut... sexy mindless romance novels with a bit of humor. Can't go wrong with a Carly Phillips book. Easy read - finish them in a day if everyone leaves you alone. Just make sure there is a lifeguard on duty, b/c her books suck ya in... I only lost a kid once I think. Perfectly paired with a cold beverage.. if your beach/pool allows you to indulge. Going for mom of the year.

Well.....since we're adding nawteee books....read Lora Leigh's Wicked Pleasure....non-stop hotness!....ok that's my contribution. ;)

All time fav author: Robert Heinlein. Followed closely by Orson Scott Card, & Anne McCaffrey. Maeve Binchy (good stories), Marion Zimmer Bradley (Si-Fi/fantasy), Christopher Moore (funny novels), Jodi Picoult (not happy stories, but hard to put down), Stephenie Meyer (every woman needs an 'edward'), Tom Clancy (lots of jargon, but good stories), Piers Anthony (fantasy), Spyder Robinson (si-fi. don't read if you don't like puns) are all pretty good, too. ...I read a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.