Black Baccarras with Gilded Accents
njgraham

Black Baccarras with Gilded Accents

I have been playing with dried rose stems lately. Here I gilded some by handrubbing on gold and copper and used them as a grid, making spokes through the upright stems. Red ti leaf is wrapped around the inside of the cylinder vase and it is finished off with more ti leaf and seeded eucalyptus.
Love the color of these roses with the ti leaves - I don't see much of the gilding but think the idea of using dried rose stems (typically a compost item) as a design mechanic. Nice! :)

Very nice. I don't see much of the gilding either but I'm sure it's the way it photographeed. Very rich looking roses and they go great with the foliage. :)

Love the grid mecanic. What a great idea--THANKS!

The grid is very cool! I think I'd like to see the roses an inch or two shorter, so they nestle into the greenery a bit.

OOPs! I accidently moved this out of the dozen roses posting. That's OK. I was trying to post a better photo of it and I guess that won't work at this point. Thanks for all your comments. Nancy

Love the Black Baccarras, one of my favs. This is simple yet elegant, I could sell this in my shop.

Very nicely done and a great idea for centrepieces.

V

Media information

Category
Dozen Ways to Send a Dozen Roses
Added by
njgraham
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media