a bit of good news from FTD - controversy invited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what's so difficult about rejecting within a reasonable time.

If I read your post wrong, my apologies, please clue me in.

what is a reasonable time, when you are busy??...betcha 90% of shops would wind up "paying".....betcha!!

what is a reasonable time, when you are busy??...betcha 90% of shops would wind up "paying".....betcha!!

So be it - I'll also pay it gladly if someone at my shop isn't paying attention. Even if it's an underpriced skimmed bad address order without a phone number.

I'm gonna make one more guess and that's that if an ASK for more info or PRC is sent in a timely fashion it would stave this off.

Just a guess

But Mikey - I'll take yer bet - how about the first one of you and me this happens to pays the other one the cost of the fine?

"reasonable time" good question, opinions on this beg to differ.

Florists should SUSPEND there machines when things start to get out of control. It takes 30 seconds.

Ryan -

There's no doubt ALL the WSs need to clean up filling and sending. It's just this new 'stick' (as opposed to carrot) appears to have some very real questions about the way the punishment will be meted out.

Do florists just get the infractions added to their statements or will they be informed of the charges when they are incurred. Seems it will be much harder (read: more time-consuming) to document and fight them weeks after the fact.

Does the 2 hour reject clock start when a shop opens its doors for the day? What if an idiot seller sends it after a store closes but the delivery is timed for a "before 10 AM" funeral. Automation won't be able to handle many of the variables so expect wasted time - valuable time - to be spent on finger-pointing-for-dollars.

Wanna bet the net result of this will be more Mercs shut off on the holidays and more REJs than ever?

Is this policy now in effect or will it be announced after Mother's Day? Has it already been conveyed to the general membership?

Ryan -

There's no doubt ALL the WSs need to clean up filling and sending. It's just this new 'stick' (as opposed to carrot) appears to have some very real questions about the way the punishment will be meted out.

Do florists just get the infractions added to their statements or will they be informed of the charges when they are incurred. Seems it will be much harder (read: more time-consuming) to document and fight them weeks after the fact.

Does the 2 hour reject clock start when a shop opens its doors for the day? What if an idiot seller sends it after a store closes but the delivery is timed for a "before 10 AM" funeral. Automation won't be able to handle many of the variables so expect wasted time - valuable time - to be spent on finger-pointing-for-dollars.

Wanna bet the net result of this will be more Mercs shut off on the holidays and more REJs than ever?

Is this policy now in effect or will it be announced after Mother's Day? Has it already been conveyed to the general membership?
Oy, more very valid points to be thought out for this!

I can guarantee this is what will happen...so you make it routine to suspend 1/2 hour before you close for the day, and have it turn back on at noon the next day...

Service is bad already, this will make it even worse...but then again, it feeds right into a good reason to just shut the system down...<period>

Good point.

I'd rather have my order rejected then screwed up. When that time comes during a holiday period when orders start being rejected or forwarded, we implement the "open order" policy (delivery date and product not guaranteed). A phone call to the shop also helps sometimes.

our gift to you...

This gem has been used UK side(British unit) for a few years now,sure iv'e posted about it several times...."its a swine"(and i am not one of the florists that as yet has incurred a fine,its anything over 4 in a month here..)it was brought in to stop cherry picking??????and to hasten rejections if they need to be rejected,nothing wrong with that.......but as iv'e said before you get a selection of ok reasons to reject(6,maybe...chances of you being able to use one of these six is slim,they are along the lines of authorised by hq,and boy do you have to jump through hoops for that one,under value...now we dont get many of them...wrong town...ummm vaguely possible and a few others....now the other side of the rejections that you will incur a fine for these are quite rigid....very little leeway for explanation....and at busy times in shop you just hit a button pronto tonto and get rid of the order,cause its @@@@ annoying and you also want to give the quickest rejection possible(courteousy wise).
Best scenario of this little money maker i can give(hq here send out over 70% of orders so that means the get the lions share of this fee....oh yes and over here you seldom get badly sold orders from member shops..they tend to do unto others as they would hope to have done to them...not so with hq badly taken telesales or web orders,no tel numbers, no surnames,incorrect delivery details i could go on,but you know where it all leads to......they have no care at alllllllllllllll....couldn't give a toss attitude...telesales is staffed by people who know zip about flowers and care less!!!now the scenario we have just gone through the shortest turnaround between mums day and valentines ever,they shared the same month overlapping their respective peak period delivery dates from feb into march.....did the 4 rejections go up...nahhhh!even though you may do 5x the amount of business to a normal month surely then it follows that the magic 4 rejections should go up by ?x whatever also....they never gave that a thought...just keep hunting the money...if as they say they are trying to weed out the bad apples then common sense should prevail when it comes to the occasional slip over theX4 rejection line "not a bleeding chance".....it's all about the money..mark my words....

Ryan -

The carrot wasn't working well enough obviously so you know the rest of that sentence.

I also heard there is a problem with shops getting orders and simply not filling them, yet still getting paid for them. This should effectively put an end to that.

Like I said I don't know the actual details just the outline - I imagine it willl be fully explained when the letter comes out June 1 (if anyone reads it)

I'm sure there's some tweaking to do on your very valid concerns.

If I may politely ask tho - are you worried that TF will follow suit (they always do)?

Excuse me for saying this but, why are so many people getting their hair blown by this thread? It sounds to me and was stated that FTD is still working out the details. I am sure that there will be extenuating circumstances and allowances. Before anyone says "This isn't going to work!", let's wait and find out all the details. Besides, I don't hear that FTD is coming to each us and asking for our ALL of our opinions. They are going to do what they are going to do, whether we each agree or not. I for one, am thrilled that FTD is tightening up on one of the details that for a long time has slipped between the cracks. We do our very best for each and every customer (whether it be for a local delivery or a wire out), and when another florist impairs that delivery because of incompetence, neglect or just plain orneriness, I get my feathers ruffled. I think that someone besides myself should be held responsible and pay for that error.

I tend to be the one in our business partnership with the laid back attitude. Perhaps you have noticed that. I usually will reserve judgement on new ideas until I see how things work out or are presented. I also like to "process" everything for a while. This is an attribute that at times drives my partner "nuts". However, as I mentioned above, this one sounds pretty proactive to me. I could be wrong tho....it has happened before. I'm gonna wait and see how this one plays out.

bumped

One last thing....

$10 per each order not REJ'd or FOR'd within 2 hours is better than any rebate out there. Wanna bet the dOGs will figure out a way to 'earn the most' from this new fee?

Oh Cathy, you are a sinful thinker. And I love how your mind works.

Who are the WS going to side with, when it comes to push and shove?

Did not want this point to get over looked.

Excuse me for saying this but, why are so many people getting their hair blown by this thread? It sounds to me and was stated that FTD is still working out the details. I am sure that there will be extenuating circumstances and allowances. Before anyone says "This isn't going to work!", let's wait and find out all the details. Besides, I don't hear that FTD is coming to each us and asking for our ALL of our opinions. They are going to do what they are going to do, whether we each agree or not. I for one, am thrilled that FTD is tightening up on one of the details that for a long time has slipped between the cracks. We do our very best for each and every customer (whether it be for a local delivery or a wire out), and when another florist impairs that delivery because of incompetence, neglect or just plain orneriness, I get my feathers ruffled. I think that someone besides myself should be held responsible and pay for that error.

I tend to be the one in our business partnership with the laid back attitude. Perhaps you have noticed that. I usually will reserve judgement on new ideas until I see how things work out or are presented. I also like to "process" everything for a while. This is an attribute that at times drives my partner "nuts". However, as I mentioned above, this one sounds pretty proactive to me. I could be wrong tho....it has happened before. I'm gonna wait and see how this one plays out.

Twila,

They're getting their hair blown, as you say it, because they feel trapped in an unfair situation.

Unlike you, thanks to your brother, and I, who wire out large amounts of orders, most florists have seen their business slowly get undermined. As a result they have looked to the wire services for guidance as well as orders. They have been led, or misled, down the road to dependency. Now dependent on the wire services, they watch helplessly as they get fee'd to death, unable or too fearful to break away, slowly getting squeezed tighter and tighter.

Anyone should be able to figure out if you want to increase quality you need a quality network, and you need to pay the network a fair price for the services that are expected to be provided. As it stands now, the wire services have neither a quality network, nor do they pay a fair price for the services expected to be preformed.

Fining florists into compliance surely won't work.

RC

Reactions: 2 people
I would not trust any of the wire service if this goes into effect.
Who say they got x amount of money from the florist who default on their responsibilities. Who say they will in turn send or credit that amount to the florist.
Remember FTD was caught years ago in keeping 6 fleruin for everyday interflora orders your shop got.
Another reason for me not to fill any orders for FTD.
Why should I get myself in the middle of trouble when I know one of the player is no longer honest.
Luc

One last thing....

$10 per each order not REJ'd or FOR'd within 2 hours is better than any rebate out there. Wanna bet the dOGs will figure out a way to 'earn the most' from this new fee?
Not true ... :)

Aren't any of you busy? I think I am poster 55 in this thread in a 16 hour cycle.

It's a week before Mother's Day, Proms are happening, funerals are happening, weddings are happening.....

I am so GD busy I can't see straight... I am already behind!

joe.

oh yea, if FTD does what bloomzie reported, GOOD!!!!! that means there will only be one wire service from now on.... and that will be TF. (which I like)

Reactions: 1 person
Aren't any of you busy? I think I am poster 55 in this thread in a 16 hour cycle.

It's a week before Mother's Day, Proms are happening, funerals are happening, weddings are happening.....

I am so GD busy I can't see straight... I am already behind!

joe.

oh yea, if FTD does what bloomzie reported, GOOD!!!!! that means there will only be one wire service from now on.... and that will be TF. (which I like)
Busy, but it's so darn irresistable! AND it's FAT FREE! can't beat that.
:>

- senders failing to reply to price increase and substitution requests in a timely fashion (and this especially includes the big OGs)
The penalties won't effect me however I agree with the two post by Cathy. RC makes a good point also. I would like to add the following.
Why should the florist be charged for rejecting an order?
How about senders that never respond to an ask message. I use to send multiple request. I no longer do. I started a folder unanswered ask messages. The biggest no response is FTD.com.
Why at times do I send an order out an 30 minutes - 2 hours it comes back no florist found. Even though auto forward is on it doesn't get forwarded by mercury.

Status
Not open for further replies.