A concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victoria

Oct 31, 2002
London
State / Prov
Ontario
"Shannon~ I'm new to flower chat and just checking things out. You have fanatastic pitures of your beautiful work. Do you use a light box? Or what is you secret if you may share. Thanks!"

Shannon has brought this to my attention. This person, whose account is closed, posted on Shannon's page four days ago. We wonder how/why this is even possible. (rhodap186 )

Thanks for any answers you can give.

V

Reactions: 1 person
"Shannon~ I'm new to flower chat and just checking things out. You have fanatastic pitures of your beautiful work. Do you use a light box? Or what is you secret if you may share. Thanks!"

Shannon has brought this to my attention. This person, whose account is closed, posted on Shannon's page four days ago. We wonder how/why this is even possible. (rhodap186 )

Thanks for any answers you can give.

V
Posted on her member profile page, or her public gallery page ?

Member profile page... you know, where friends are.

V

And why is that? I personally don't like that one bit.

V

Yeah I'm not liking that either... I think member profile pages should be privileged info.

And why is that? I personally don't like that one bit.

V

Good question, I noticed a while back that they're public. I don't think they've always been, I think it's been that way since the summer.

However, there are no links to the private areas of FC, but the visitor messages are there for everyone to see.

Nope, not one bit.

Thanks Darrel. I guess we should now be careful what we put on our personal profile pages. Hel l.

V

I don't think they should be allowed to look at our albums either.

I have those up for my FC friends, I THOUGHT only FC members could look...

Is there ANY way to make the albums and our pages private so ONLY FC MEMBERS can look at them?

Thanks Mark. Privacy is important among friends.

V

I've seen pictures or posts show up on google - I think???
I believe that our rose contest did.

Personally, I think it's a good thing, at least for shop owners.
I'm all about internet exposure.

Also, when we get into our little tiffs, I think it should be handled through pm's. So, that the world doesn't see us as unprofessional.

Cherrie, that's your choice, but it certainly isn't mine. I don't want my personal information on my profile page for public viewing. Tiff's don't generally happen on friend's pages so it's not about that.

V

Reactions: elmo
I agree with Cherrie, leave it up.

Personal information can be deleted from the profile page.

Two Questions though;

What is the benefit or how does the profile info being made public benefit me or my business?

And for those of you who want privacy, why? For many of you, you don't even have your real names listed.

thanks joe

I agree with Cherrie, leave it up.

Personal information can be deleted from the profile page.

Two Questions though;

What is the benefit or how does the profile info being made public benefit me or my business?

And for those of you who want privacy, why? For many of you, you don't even have your real names listed.

thanks joe
'Cause I just do.

Reactions: Victoria
Not a big issue with me either Joe.....I'm okay with the public stuff.

Joe, I'd just rather have the option to make it all private for fc members only.

Seriously, what the heck is the point of Voting people in,,, all the questions that get asked of the new applicants, all of that, if they can just wander through the house/club/forum any darn way?

Why even bother with the whole voting process? They will be here anyway! Snooping around! While I'm not home!

Just logged out & could view member profiles, and albums in the gallery. Could NOT post messages or rate photos in either place. My guess is that rhodap was able to post because she was in the midst of the member application process, not just a random person meandering in here.

I used to think new apps shouldn't be able to see anything - they used to see much more than they do now. I prefer the limited access they now have, and don't have a problem with them able to view member pages & whatnot.

As for the general public, I do wish they couldn't see the member messages on a profile page, but understand how hard it may to have such intricate preferences on this site .... I know I've changed the nature of some of my messages since discovering the visibility of the profile messages to anyone who can find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.