A concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Tracy, Her account is closed...

Check her out..... rhodap186

I also should say, the reason it struck me as a little weird is that I couldn't even reply to her into letter since it had been closed.

Just weird all the way around to me.

Ryan and I chatted briefly this morning. Once we both get our days underway we will discuss more and check on a few things.

As far as Rhodap186 goes, they are from a real flower shop, and are still in limbo in the New Applicant format... hence the ability to post messages to member pages. Often this is a valuable way for new members to ask questions as they learn their way around FlowerChat.

I will PM Rhodap and ask that they continue in their new member introduction.

No Tracy, Her account is closed...

Check her out..... rhodap186

I also should say, the reason it struck me as a little weird is that I couldn't even reply to her into letter since it had been closed.

Just weird all the way around to me.

Her application has been bumped.

V

The member profile pages have always been open to public viewing, from the first day of FlowerChat. That question has been answered many, many times.

There is significant benefit to having an relevant online profile page - that's why we've worked hard to give you the advanced features of customizable profiles, photo albums, message boards, blogs, etc. Having a strong profile on a site related to your business is good for SEO and online reputation management.

If, for some reason, you don't want to have some or all of your profile visible, just adjust the privacy settings in your control panel.

Some clarification: rhodap186's account was not closed - she is a new applicant that has neither been voted in nor out. You may recall that last spring we hand some adventures with the intro system and some users posted intros with only the questions, no answers - but then edited the answers in their profiles only. That's the case with Rhodap186. I've posted her answers from her profile into her intro thread, and reopened the thread.

Ryan

Here's what I propose: since one has to be voted in they shouldn't have access to anything except for the new member introduction area. As for the profile pages, they should only be viewed by members of FC...this is a networking forum to me and thus that info should be allowed to be accessed by FC members. Otherwise, it should be closed off to the general public. Now for the photo gallery, I think the member should be given the option to make the album public or not. So for example, if I would like to create an album for my work to be critiqued by fellow FC'ers but I'm not ready to show it to the world I can make it viewable by members only; if I wanted an album to show off my work then I can make public to anyone.

The member profile pages have always been open to public viewing, from the first day of FlowerChat. That question has been answered many, many times.

There is significant benefit to having an relevant online profile page - that's why we've worked hard to give you the advanced features of customizable profiles, photo albums, message boards, blogs, etc. Having a strong profile on a site related to your business is good for SEO and online reputation management.

If, for some reason, you don't want to have some or all of your profile visible, just adjust the privacy settings in your control panel.

Some clarification: rhodap186's account was not closed - she is a new applicant that has neither been voted in nor out. You may recall that last spring we hand some adventures with the intro system and some users posted intros with only the questions, no answers - but then edited the answers in their profiles only. That's the case with Rhodap186. I've posted her answers from her profile into her intro thread, and reopened the thread.

Ryan

A reasonable explantation??
Shoot, and here I was all set to come up with some wild conspiracy theories. ;)

Aileen: did you read my post, above?

You have your own privacy settings in the user control panel (linked to above, and again here):
http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/profile.php?do=privacy

You control access to:
Profile Pic
Visitor Messages
Contact Info (although not even FC members can see you email)
Albums
About Me page
Friends list
Recent Visitors
Group Memberships

You can also control access to your blog, should you use it:
http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/blog_usercp.php?do=editoptions

Ryan

No Ryan, we must have been typing at the same time. Off to check it out.

As for the profile pages, they should only be viewed by members of FC...this is a networking forum to me and thus that info should be allowed to be accessed by FC members.

Ryan
That about covers it.

Each member may elect what they want "public" and what they don't.

Ok Ryan, thanks for letting me know. I never realized the privacy settings were right there.

Ok so here is one more thought. I went to the album section. It does offer 3 choices in regards to viewing. If it wouldn't be too much, could there be a choice for "All FC Members only"? Right now it has public, viewable by contacts/mods, profile album.

this is a networking forum to me and thus that info should be allowed to be accessed by FC members. Otherwise, it should be closed off to the general public.

Nobody does networking better than LinkedIn, so I did a quick check: that's about 4,200 publicly accessible profiles on LinkedIn that contain the word florist. Those are mostly florists who are using the power of LinkedIn to build up a positive and useful online identity - of course, with links back to their own business' site.

Ryan

Ryan thanks for clarifying this once again. Along the way I must have missed it. I have seen many many things on profile pages that I'm sure people here would not want connected to themselves as a professional. Dirty jokes, suggestive pics from the internet ect. While, I did not know that the profile pages were public, my oversite, I have always conducted myself in a professional manor. I did however post pics of my children that I will now take down as I do not want them out there in cyberspace for all to see, even though they are nice pictures of them. The mere thought of some perve... well you get the picture.

Thanks, Joan

I went to the album section. It does offer 3 choices in regards to viewing. If it wouldn't be too much, could there be a choice for "All FC Members only"? Right now it has public, viewable by contacts/mods, profile album.
That would be the selection of "Registered Members Only".

Where is that? I went to edit album and it just offered the 3 choices.

Oh can someon evisit my profle page and tell me what you see? When I go there it shows everything but I think it will do that since I'm visiting.

well, when I went to rhodap186 intro it said "closed". I went there to bump it so she could get voted in or out. And I wasn't able to.

It just seemed weird to me that there was no "quick reply" button.

Anyhoo,
I'm glad I asked the question, I did not know I could make my stuff private!
Woo Hoo! Should be interesting to see how many visits I get to my page now....

I should also point out I didn't deny/confirm her friendship request until this matter was cleared up. I didn't want to pass any judgement until I knew the scoop.

For instance the date on my profile that says when I joined is months before I actually did an intro letter. It took me a while to figure it out!

I hope rhoda186 becomes a very active member!

Gracias!!

Oh ok..I saw that and it was set to registered. But does that override the other option in the Edit album area? Am I being a pain? :)

Oh ok..I saw that and it was set to registered. But does that override the other option in the Edit album area? Am I being a pain? :)
I do believe so... Um...Ryan?

The ones in the album area, are the types of albums not the privacy settings.

A pain? You.... naw :cool:

Done, thank you.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.