Are experienced designers a dying breed? Cannot find help!

Thanks everyone! Didn't know whether to come back in under the radar or not, sure have missed the conversations here, and since our financial situation has improved somewhat, I felt this was worth it. Just going to have to skip a few things.

Not sure how much I will contribute, so many knowledgeable people here that I don't hold a candle to. I do feel like I am in somewhat of an advantageous position since I work for a shop that is a larger destination type store, beautiful, well displayed and a variety of merchandise, flowers are a small part of it, but they're my main part. Maybe that can be of help to some? I've recently taken on doing quite a few of the displays since the gal that did most of that has left, it will be interesting to see how that goes this Christmas. The other two gals in floral putz along, I'm much older and work circles around them plus work the whole store as well. I guess I will have to keep up on the vitamins this winter. We are kept on a schedule for our hours, rarely any overtime, so I tend to work past my quitting time on my own, the other gals are always giving me a hard time, but I get points for it and less stress for me since I get more things done.

Thanks again for the welcome back. Trish

Trish, you stand tall among the "knowledgeable" people here. Your experience puts you in the stratasphere. ;)

V

Reactions: Tuberose and Palms
Trish, Welcome back...I think you might just be one of those 1 in 10 we were talking about....a real keeper..Hope they treat you well and realize they have a gem..