Announcement Change Is Here!

Victoria,

It is gone from my screen, and NOW (within a few seconds), the reply I just sent that contains Bloomz's comments is ALSO gone. Strange!

Update:

Last night Bloomz & Erlene posted messages containing accusations that were inaccurate and served no purpose other than to rehash old arguments.

As both have indicated that they have no intention of remaining on FC - paid or otherwise - it was clear that these posts were here solely to cause more damage to the FC membership as parting shots posted in concert. Both users have been put on a global ignore, making their posts (for the moment) invisible.

Note to Beth: I saw you posted and quoted JB's post while I was drafting this, so I had to remove that post. I hope this message explains why. Feel free to PM for further clarification.

And the Post # at the top of the post is not right. The post from Bloomz and my reply that quoted him are both gone from my screen, and the posts renumbered to exclude them. Well, you know what, I'm not staying here and I don't care, but you guys are not being told the truth. And when someone tries to tell the truth, they are censored. I expect my comments will be gone soon too. Oh, and Erlene's post is now gone too.

WOW!

Guess what, Ryan. You're hiding posts that talk about you blocking members.. but they're still in our email.

Reactions: TOTO
Guess what, Ryan. You're hiding posts that talk about you blocking members.. but they're still in our email.

Beth, I've replied here and I've PM'd you. Not sure what else I can do for you. If you want a further discussion you have my phone, email or PM info.

Getting sadder by the minute.............

Thanks for the explanation Ryan.

Can this be over please?

There is so much real tragedy in the world.

V

Reactions: peggy70130 and CHR
I have not participated or posted in a while due to many factors that I don't want to get in to.
Last month I got into a very bad car accident and broke my shoulder blade which has put me out of commission for at least 3 months and have had to temporarily close my shop. It looks like I'll be selling or worse case shut it down after Valentines.
I wanted to say good bye and good luck to all of you.

Alison of Flower Child

Oh Alison... I'm so sorry to hear of your injuries. Gratefully, you're still on the planet.

I wish you best wishes and I do hope you won't have to shut down.

Take care.

V

I have not participated or posted in a while due to many factors that I don't want to get in to.
Last month I got into a very bad car accident and broke my shoulder blade which has put me out of commission for at least 3 months and have had to temporarily close my shop. It looks like I'll be selling or worse case shut it down after Valentines.
I wanted to say good bye and good luck to all of you.

Alison of Flower Child

Alison,

So sorry to hear of your accident. It's awful any time, but probably the worst time of year for a florist to be injured.

Hope your recovery is quick and effective!

Alison, I hate that for you, and pray that all will be well with you.
Most important is that you take care of yourself, as I told someone else a shop is just a thing. Life goes on, usually for the better.

I will hate to lose another Texan, I enjoyed knowing there were others on the forum that knew what business in Texas was like.

My prayers are with you,

I signed on to this site a few months back as an individual, and I see that someone signed up our company as a corporate member I suppose.
This is an e-mail (below) we received on 28th December. I do not see any mention of money here. Would it not be germane at this stage in the game?
Shouldn't it say "Can we tempt you back with a $500.00 memnbership?"
Just a thought.

"Hello, Mayesh Wholesale Florist!
We've noticed that you've not been active on FlowerChat Professional Florist Community for quite some time now, and we miss you!

Could we not tempt you back?
If you don't remember your password, you can request it here: [URL="http://www.flowerchat.com/XXXXXX"]http://www.flowerchat.com/XXXXXX[/URL]
We hope to see you soon
Kindest Regards,
Ryan Freeman
Administrator
FlowerChat Professional Florist Community
http://www.flowerchat.com"

Let's not forget the fact that a lot of forum members were translated into paying Strider customers. So it's not like this was an altruistic charity mission here.

Yes, Robin, we did get a few F20 clients from FlowerChat - though most actually came to FlowerChat after becoming F20 clients. Either way, they got excellent value from FC and from F20.

Nowhere did I say this was an "altruistic charity mission," nor is this an attempt to recover expenses from years past. Many people have put forward that we have run the board for free and (in their words) deserve recompense for that time. We have never asserted that position, though we do certainly appreciate the moral support. Now and in the future, FlowerChat provides value to our members, and for the effort to continue and grow we have the subscription system.

Reactions: BOSS and Victoria
This is an e-mail (below) we received on 28th December. I do not see any mention of money here. Would it not be germane at this stage in the game?
Shouldn't it say "Can we tempt you back with a $500.00 memnbership?"
Just a thought.

Note the date in your post :) The subscription system was not announced until Jan 5th. On December 28th we hadn't even upgraded the site yet.

While that auto-email text is out of context, it's a good reminder (thanks!) that we need to update that message.

Cheers!

Update: Confirmed that those emails have not been sent out since the 28th of December, more than a week before the announcement of the subscription plan.

Reading these posts got me to thinking, what has FC done for my business.
1.Helped me find a great POS- Thanks Floristware
2.Dollar tree vases last year- saved $400
3. Holiday arrangement ideas- priceless
4. Found out about Flowerbuyer- saved Mucho buckos
5. Found great shops to send orders to
6. Many hours of learning- we all know what education costs
7. Funny & thoughtful stories to share with my help - we all need a story a day
8. Learned some good ad campaigns
9. Priceless new florist friends
10. Education is a key to keeping our industry going - I learn something each time I check in here- I've been in the business since 1968.
I'm sure there's more, but, it's late.
Think about what the FC has helped you with & write it down.
Thanks Ryan, I know there's alot of work (& stress) with FC. Count me in.

And count me in as well. You see I have waded (with sinking heart never mind sinking brain cells) through all the stuff that's been said about the change and this post probably said it all for me. Because at the end of the day Flowerchat has been about sharing and helping and some of the comments that I have read for the last couple of hours have astounded me in their anger, innuendo and at times sheer venom – a sad state of affairs from a forum I have considered one of the best.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Will this be the end of FC … I doubt it. Will charging and potentially losing people make it better … who knows, only time will tell. What I do know is that I am willing to take the plunge and have stumped up my hard earned dosh to find out. Because if I don’t I’ll never know and quite frankly I’ve learned more than $500 worth of stuff in the last three years so if nothing else it’s a thank you to Ryan for giving me a mechanism to ‘chat’ globally that I would never have otherwise had.<o:p></o:p>
If it had been me I might well have looked at a lower fee – circa $50 – because whatever part of the flower industry we’re in, we’re all having a tough time (and yes I include myself in that) so I know budgets are being squeezed to the hilt. However, on the basis I don’t know of any flower shop that gives their services and stock away for free (and no, that isn’t an invitation for sarky comments!!) maybe this is just all part of the process of bringing our industry/profession/trade into the 21<SUP>st</SUP> Century.

You see my feeling is that if we don’t value ourselves and our internal industry resources, why on earth should we expect consumers to value us and what we do.<o:p></o:p>
JMO <o:p></o:p>

Note the date in your post :) The subscription system was not announced until Jan 5th. On December 28th we hadn't even upgraded the site yet.

While that auto-email text is out of context, it's a good reminder (thanks!) that we need to update that message.

Cheers!

Update: Confirmed that those emails have not been sent out since the 28th of December, more than a week before the announcement of the subscription plan.

Cheers to you, and a Happy New Year!
Are you saying that the pricing was only settled upon after the 28th? This is a decent site, but it sort of depends on the amount of punters you have in the fold for it to be effective. Perhaps, a slow roll-out with prices rising over time may have been better, but that is just my opinion, and I am no internet expert. However my limited life experience has taught me that once something is offered for free, it is hard to levy a tariff. At my last count there were only 135 respondents to the poll, a rather diminutive number in and of itself, and of those only 37% were in favor of the $100 hike. Where am I going with this....nowhere really, just chatting

Reactions: HeatherTuckey
At my last count there were only 135 respondents to the poll, a rather diminutive number in and of itself, and of those only 37% were in favor of the $100 hike. Where am I going with this....nowhere really, just chatting
Keep in mind, those that responded to the poll are/may not be those that are actually paying or going. Polls are inherently suggestive.

Caroline, very well said. Thank you!

I have not managed to read every post on this thread, as I have been busy looking through the archives, something that I havent really had time to do before, and have found more than the $100 subscription of info. I have many £100's worth of magazines that havent given me so much advice, so have paid my subscription so as to keep accessing these boards and hopefully learn more from the promised contributors.