Cool Flower Shop Websites

This isn't a retail florist, but a wholesaler Cathy turned on to me. There style is quite chic and love looking at their art.

http://www.mayesh.com/ab/

I just wanted to bring this site to everyones attention. It offers good information for those just starting out, as well as the "seasoned" among us...and belongs to one of the newest FlowerChat members.

www.jamesllynch.com

BOSS said:
I just wanted to bring this site to everyones attention. It offers good information for those just starting out, as well as the "seasoned" among us...and belongs to one of the newest FlowerChat members.

www.jamesllynch.com

Didn't Jim do a Fabulous job with his site! Welcome to Flower Chat!

~ Kim

Thank you AJ..I love Preston Bailey and I have his book "Design for Entertaining".

April, I agree with Cathy. I also miss your old FB site, but SC gave it his best.

Wedding Site

This is a Birmingham AL shop (shops-5, I think).
We know the owner who bought the business a couple years ago with no floral experience whatsoever.
One thing he does know is how to get his name out in front of people.

Nice Wedding site:

www.NortonsWeddings.com

BamaE4U said:
This is a Birmingham AL shop (shops-5, I think).
We know the owner who bought the business a couple years ago with no floral experience whatsoever.
One thing he does know is how to get his name out in front of people.

Nice Wedding site:

www.NortonsWeddings.com

I met Gus at the FTD Convention last week...
Boy, is he full of marketing ideas...
We need to get him to join FlowerChat...

Thanks Cathy, neat website and I love the funky flowers. :) I am sad we didn't get to see this flroist while we were in Victoria.

Fun and local

I really like this one for its delicious display of personality. Fresh and fun.
http://www.basicflowersla.com/

The lack of an online purchasing feature and small image gallery probably makes the site less effective, but my guess is that flower-loving shoppers will pick up the phone and call.

I like the website also.

I don't think the lack of e-commerce on the site hurts it much. The site does a great job of creating an image and pulling the consumer in in a very personalized way.

Now to use this example to hammer a point on a different topic (probably temporary derailing this thread), SAF recommends the consumer look for professional affiliations with national wire services, such as FTD and Teleflora, when choosing a florist because these are the florists committed to being the best in their field.http://www.aboutflowers.com/ordering_b1.html

Do you think the apparent lack of wire service affiliation has hurt Basic Flowers image or helped it? Why? Do you think SAF is correct in their recommendations?

RC

No, I don't think a lack of WS affiliation hurts that site one bit. May even help because we've been hearing "I don't want one of those FTD-looking designs" for years.

You're right about the WS references on AboutFlowers.com. Especially since sellers don't even have to be florists to tout those affiliations. :(