Dual Wire service membership Question#1

How do you decide what wire service to use when sending an order?

• Based on product to be delivered i.e. codified container

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Based on incomings for the month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Based on location (coverage)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Based on who has the Larger Rebates

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Based on wether filling florist has technology (merc/dove)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Based on 50/50 split

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Based on which wire service I'm most P*ssed off with today

• Based on Customer preference (please ftd this to xyz town)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Based on Low Sending Fees

• Don't care......just get rid of the order

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBJ (Big Bad John)

Flower Dude
Oct 31, 2002
Chesterville
State / Prov
ON
This will be a multi part question to see if we can make any sense out of belonging to 2 or more wire services. I will post more quizzes as time permits .

Question #1: What makes you decide to use a given wire service to send out your orders:confused:

You didn't include an option to say:
Based on who the best florist is.

There are several towns where our preferred florist is FTD only, and several more where they are TF only.

I couldnt vote a few ways here. There is all kind of factor I take into consideration when I send a order. Codifications, selection of item requested, split among wiere service to get our minimum, p**** off at wire service is not a option for me. Service to my customer is and they dont care how I get the order ther aslong as I get it there.
Luc

Decisions decisions

Since I'm the primary outbound sender - I determine where about %60 of the orders go.... I use several criteria.

I pick the best florist for the job, if they belong to both services, I have decision to make. We split our orders 50-50 for rebates - we don't always have a lot of outgoing (november is particularly slow).

Some choices are easy, eg. all our Elliot Lake orders go to Luc. We know what his work is like, he gets our nod. In Toronto, that decision is harder. We have several florists we work with, which one gets it is often determined by Postal Code.... if it's close to Ital, it's his... closer to Martin's, they get it. We have chosen to work with florists that frequent this board, the FTD board and ones we've met and workshops/conventions. If they care enough to learn more about the industry, then they're our kind of people. We want our out-of-towns handled as much like we would as possible - that's the prime determiner in the way we send out orders.

Audra

I enjoy getting orders from Audra and her crew because they are always clear in what they want...plus they say Hi to me. :)

Audra, just to let you know, the blue and white carns was not the most weird request of the day...a dozen BLACK carns arranged in a vase with a big black bow was...GROSS! :(

Biker funeral? Those are fun :)

One of our local funeral homes has a Biker Funeral tonight ... same time as their annual memorial service for all their clients from the past year.

Should be a good show!

Actually not this time...it's a birthday or something. We are the florist of choice for the Outlaws though...we even get a Christmas card! :)

Mind you I NEVER put anything to identify where the flowers originated!

Some of my best friends are members of the OUTLAWS....

Michigan Chapter of course....

Originally posted by BOSS
Some of my best friends are members of the OUTLAWS....

Michigan Chapter of course....

Why don't I find it hard to believe you .... :rolleyes:

:) It's better they're your best friends and not your enemy!

Good to know that you enjoy getting our orders. We try to give as much detail as we can when sending orders out of shop - in part because we hate it when we get vague instructions.

We don't get many requests for black carnations, black roses, all the time.

speaking of "Outlaws"...

my INLAWS are also outlaws,and there's a good chance that some have graced their butts to a Harley or two!!
Few years back, had 90 pieces for a rider, cheapest was $100.00....@@@@ed near killed us...
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.