FC Biggest Loser Challenge

I'm starting Weight Watchers again. I joined a few months ago, but never really got on board. I did it online, not local meetings or anything. I received an email a week ago or so, stating that they've changed their point system, to a new and better (?) one. So I'm jumping on their bandwagon. I just have to be careful, because I know that for me it's the carbs that are the problem, whether they fit into this point system or not. I'll just have to choose something else.

Good Luck Everyone!!!

I would like to participate. I really don't know how much I need to lose, probably 15-20lb. I have a few favorite cute little suits that I would like to fit into again.

I tried shimmying into one of the skirts the other day and I heard my hips laughing at me!

I'm considering changing my avatar to a before picture, like, 8 years ago before.....it might inspire me if I see that sucker every day. Either that, or I will just get depressed and listen to my gut instincts. You know, the ones that say broken cookies don't have any calories?
Linda, Unless you've gained weight since we met in July, you don't need to lose a pound. But you're welcome to join the club anyway and maybe you can give us some tips!

[ Hopefully the pictures worked. Now I have to get on the scale.................ugh[/QUOTE]
My goal is to have my after picture look as good as your before picture, Peggy!

Linda, Unless you've gained weight since we met in July, you don't need to lose a pound. But you're welcome to join the club anyway and maybe you can give us some tips!

Awfully sweet of you Helen. No, I haven't gained any, but I can't fit in a lot of my nicer outfits.

I most definitely can help people with pointers. What David said about six meals a day is absolutely true. I know everybody pishes that away by saying they don't have time but I have found that this is the single most important thing to stick with if you want to lose in a healthy way.

Here is a typical day (when I'm actually in weight-loss mode).

Breakfast - 100-200 calorie granola bar or protein bar at about 9:00am
Snack - Yogurt in a bottle - it's drinkable so you can still work - about 90 calories at about 11:30am a
Lunch - Tuna sandwich with miracle whip, or Turkey or Boca Burger (vegetarian burger), w/BBQ sauce and a salad with low or no fat dressing. The bread I buy is Village Hearth, 12 grain - 80 calories for 2 slices. at about 1:15pm
Snack - Usually a can of lite syrup fruit at about 4:00pm
Dinner - 4oz chicken or other lean meat, veggie with butter, potato or rice or bread or pasta.
Snack - Apple or even a snack size candy bar or low-sugar gelatin with no fat cool whip.

As you can see, I don't deny myself. I found that especially with the low fat or no fat things that my body will crave it, and that can completely derail me.

Just so you know, 8 years ago, I finished losing 80lb. As Helen mentions, I'm not really overweight but I have certainly gained some back. I combined this regimen of mini meals with a membership at Curves. 30 minutes 3x week, start with a good stretch, then do something that brings your pulse up, then stretch again. Drink plenty of water if you do any sort of work-out to wash the toxins out of your system that are released from your muscles. This helps you to avoid getting sore.

Hmmm...sorry, I guess I'm just wordy this week!

Breakfast - 2 eggs bacon or sausage with "buttered" toast and smoothered hash browns
Snack - Some sort of a sweet smoooooooooooothie type (strawberry) at about 11:30am
Lunch - Double cheese with extra mayo "white bread only" ZERO grain - ?? calories for 2 slices, fries, extra side of tomatoes at about 1:00pm
Snack - Usually a can of lite syrup fruit at about 4:00pm (I'LL TRY THIS ONE)
Dinner - 12oz chicken, FATTY meat or smothered ribs, smashed pots, greek type salad (extra dressing) bread with butter, rice (yuke) or pasta (yeah)
Snack - Strawberry short cake with "light" cool whipple, but all the way around

Now I see why I said yes.

Read more: FC Biggest Loser Challenge
Where professional florists grow FC Professional Florist Community

Well, today I blew it by not eating enough. I was running late so left without BF, planning to have some oatmeal when I got to work, As soon as I got to work I got so busy I forgot the oatmeal. So lunch time comes and goes, still no food. Finally around 2PM I wolfed down the oatmeal. A few pretzels and coffee at 4. Stopped on my way home at the grocery to pick up some healthy snacks and lunch items to keep at work so I can try the 6 small "meals" a day thing. If I have the right things at work I might be able to do that and then not eat the entire refrigerator when I get home. For dinner I had a crappy Lean cuisine because my husband is working late. The good thing is, I had a very busy day for January, and so far all week has been abnormally busy. Oh and my scale is broken so I have to get a new one this week.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I want in too! Six years ago I lost 47 lbs on a strict Atkins diet with walking as my exercise. I kept it off for about two years and then I hurt my knee, my Mom got really sick and died, and I had plantar fasciitis in both feet. I fell off my healthy way of eating and have gained 57 lbs back. I will now ditch the carbs and start exercising again when I get back from Quito.

seven

Reactions: concord
Everybody needs to remember that body image is just that. Helen, I'll bet there are people who look at your picture and wish they could be as thin as you.

I did Jenny Craig, and you can read my story and see the before and after pix here.

I did a lot of things wrong over my lifetime of dieting. The most important thing I learned is that you never starve yourself, especially women. There is a hormone. It is responsible for "packing" fat into cells. When you eat less than 800 calories per day, your body goes into starvation mode, and produces more of this hormone so they can pack more fat. Women have a much larger number of these than men do. THEY DO NOT GO AWAY WHEN YOU LOSE FAT. So, they are always lurking around waiting to do their job. You do not want to increase their number which you will do if you eat too little.

I should add that I had gained back about 40lb. Then, two years ago when I started running the shop by myself, I dropped about 20-25. Guess I had been getting too lazy, huh?

[ Hopefully the pictures worked. Now I have to get on the scale.................ugh
My goal is to have my after picture look as good as your before picture, Peggy![/QUOTE]

Thanks Helen, but like I said, I really should lose 40lbs. Most of my problem is in the front - belly fat, and a big spare tire, I guess that didn't show in the pics so much.

I want in too. I am not over weight but I want to lose and tone in my belly area.

I have the opposite problem as most people. I don't eat. I don't have a normal appetite, never have. Even when I was a kid I would go through times when I didn't want to eat.

On a normal day I eat once. On a bad day, I don't eat at all, sometimes I just forget to eat, other times I look or think about food and it turns my stomach, my mind says, food, gross. On a good day I will eat twice.

I have tried to force myself to eat more in a day, it is hard for me. But I really want to try to eat more regularly.

I will have to get a pic to post here. I do know my weight, 146

As I get older I find that I'm forgeting things more and more - where I put the keys, people's names, what I came upstairs for....but unfortunately, I never forget to eat!

I have a cousin like you Carrieann, and know that not eating is as bad as overeating. I hope this forum helps you out as much as I hope it helps me. As far as toning goes, I've been using my Wii for exercising, and I love the yoga section. The Wii lets you know if you are balanced, and I feel that helps let you know that you are holding the poses correctly. There are also good strength exercises that target your abs.

Reactions: Carrieann
Breakfast - 2 eggs bacon or sausage with "buttered" toast and smoothered hash browns
Snack - Some sort of a sweet smoooooooooooothie type (strawberry) at about 11:30am
Lunch - Double cheese with extra mayo "white bread only" ZERO grain - ?? calories for 2 slices, fries, extra side of tomatoes at about 1:00pm
Snack - Usually a can of lite syrup fruit at about 4:00pm (I'LL TRY THIS ONE)
Dinner - 12oz chicken, FATTY meat or smothered ribs, smashed pots, greek type salad (extra dressing) bread with butter, rice (yuke) or pasta (yeah)
Snack - Strawberry short cake with "light" cool whipple, but all the way around

Now I see why I said yes.

Read more: FC Biggest Loser Challenge
Where professional florists grow FC Professional Florist Community

All I can say is HOLY CRAP!!

BTW- I forgot to take a pic! Didin't get home last night until about 9:30.
I hope to get a pic in by the end of the week or the beginning of next.

QUESTION-

When is the 'cut off' date and when does the contest officially start? And shall we make our pledge amounts known then so we know what we are winning? And how many people are involved right now?

I totally plan on winning FYI!
So get your checks ready. I haven't decided what charity. Either "Joy Junction" a homeless shelter here in ABQ or Make a Wish foundation. I'll let you know what charity to write the check to WHEN I win!

hehehehehehehe.......Talk about "smack talk" BRING IT ON!

Shannon, I don't think we need to have a cut off date to join . If you join late you won't have as much time to lose as much weight. The amount to donate I think should be done on the honor system and kept private so as not to embarrass anyone who can't afford much. The main thing is to offer each other encouragement while eventually donating to a worthy charity. Posting tips, etc. and sharing ideas might help us all stay on course. (hopefully)

Reactions: anytimeflowers
When is the contest over? I think I missed that part.

And as far as everything else- What I can afford right now is $25 and I am not embarassed by it and I know it aint much! :) but it's what I got to give.

And my motivation is smack talk!! :> hehehe!

Just kidding- but not really

Oh I'll be more helpful than that!

Ok so here goes. Here are my stats - I'm 38 years old. Height a whole 5 foot (yes I'm short) and a spit (not quite 1 inch). And my weight it is now 227 lbs which means I'm nearly as wide as I'm tall.. Well in May this year I hit my all time low (or high) as the case maybe. I was 259 lbs. Very ill. It turned out I have an underactive thyroid, infact it had just about stopped working. Your thyroid basically runs your metabolism and this affects how your whole body works. My body was on stop - my heart rate was really low and the doctor said if I hadn't have gone to see him when I did, I could have died. I should have gone at least 5 years earlier but thought the doctor would tell me to loose weigh and have a holiday because I was always so tired, but that was easier said than done. So I probably wouldn't be talking to you now. I was told my thyroid had been slowing down for years - maybe as many as 15 years as the type of underactive thyroid I have is heredity. Which stands to reason when I look at how my weigh gain has changed over the years. I was never very slim - I was always very curvy but not very overweight. I could loose weigh easily, but I ate rubbish at work and I liked a few drinks on a weekend which normally meant a takeaway and snacks in the pub. I was always very active horse riding and going out on my bike or canoeing - allsorts of stuff. But at my most unwell I had legs like tree trunks I had blue lips all the time, I was always out of breath and when I went to sleep, I felt like I just died because I was always so tried.

So now my thyroid is under control, I feel fantastic and even though I am morbidly obese I feel positive and alive so full of energy.

My 1st piece of advice to any of you that aren't sure about your weight and if you have rapid weight gain and aren't eating loads and are really exhausted all the time. Get your thryoid checked because trying to loose weigh if your thyroid is not working properly is sooooo difficult. I know I was one of those people. I only at my worst needed 500 cals a day according to the doctor before I would put on weight.

I promise I will post a picture asap.

Good luck everyone.

For those over the pond and conversion to kilos and pounds.........1 kilo is very close to two/ two and a half pounds. So a 150 pound person will weigh close to 68 kilos. Hope this helps

Reactions: Johan
ok, this is great! I purchased the "wave" system about 2 months ago and although I intended to start right away, never opened the box. Tonight I did my first workout with it. I LOVED it! My legs are killing me, but it is that good workout pain, which I miss so much from my years before kids. I just want to say THANK YOU for this contest, I know I won't win as I am not overweight and don't have a lot of "weight" to lose, but this is the motivation I needed.

So, I didn't get a picture taken today, work was busy, I have a wedding show on Sunday and home was just as busy with 3 kids. But I will get one up asap.

I am 32 years old. I currently weight 146. I am 5' 5" tall. And I wear a size 12 or 14 pant depending on how they are made.

Don't know if we are suppose to put anything else down for stats, if so someone please tell me so I can add to it.

Peggy, my daughter asked for the wii fit for Christmas so we just got one. I will def check out the yoga and strength exercises. My daughter also got the "just dance" for wii and it is a good workout as well, and so much fun.

I plan on rotating from the wave to the wii fit to the dance game. I was told (and it makes sense) to not do just one exercise routine all the time as your body will get used to it and it will start to become less effective over time. You have to switch things up.

As far as diet, I am going to give it my best to try to eat 3 meals a day. I physically can't do breakfast, I tried once before to force myself to eat in the am and it didn't stay down. So, I will eat as soon as my body will let me, I am thinking 11am would be the earliest. I don't think I have eaten at 11am in years. I think if I take it slow, eat a granola bar or yogurt or fruit, something small for 2 meals at least at first it will be easier to get my body used to having food more than once a day. Today I did eat twice, yeah! Tomorrow I will shot for 3 times.

Thank you thank you thank you again. I have been telling myself for about a year that I need to get moving on taking better care of myself, but just haven't found the motivation to do it.....until now.

Sorry for rambling, I am just excited. (and pumped after my workout, he he)