FC Biggest Loser Challenge

How's the new healthy eating going everyone? I did pretty good this week once I got to the store for some healthy snacks to keep at work. Been trying the eat every few hours thing and having smaller portions. Next week I start adding the treadmill...which I despise, but it's been too icy for hiking with my dog. I hate that about winter. Todays food:
Cereal w/ banana
small cottage cheese
salad wrap with small amount of chicken
clemintine
whole wheat pasta
small yogurt
many coffee's

No idea about weight the past few days, but no sleep and too much hospital food doesn't do good things to a person!

Looking forward to getting back into routine, with real food and my treadmill.

I got forced to go to a buffet twice. Well, I wasn't dragged kicking or screaming. I did make healthy choices for the most part. I lost a pound over the past week. Wayyyyyy easier to tell people HOW to do than to do it myself!

As a side note, though. Somebody posted about exercise and changing things up. That is very true! When you hit a "plateau" where you just don't lose any weight or inches for a week or two, try changing your routine to shake up your body. For example, if you walk for 30 minutes every evening, try part of that 30 minutes walking backward.

I got forced to go to a buffet twice. Well, I wasn't dragged kicking or screaming. I did make healthy choices for the most part. I lost a pound over the past week. Wayyyyyy easier to tell people HOW to do than to do it myself!

As a side note, though. Somebody posted about exercise and changing things up. That is very true! When you hit a "plateau" where you just don't lose any weight or inches for a week or two, try changing your routine to shake up your body. For example, if you walk for 30 minutes every evening, try part of that 30 minutes walking backward.
You might say walking back and forth to the buffet was good execise . Did you walk to it backwards?
I have enough trouble walking forwards I'm such a klutz!

Reactions: anytimeflowers
You might say walking back and forth to the buffet was good execise . Did you walk to it backwards?
I have enough trouble walking forwards I'm such a klutz!

I keep trying to post pics, computer says "File to big".......................

Reactions: anytimeflowers
my weight, well sort of....

Well, I’ve gotten on the Wii to weigh myself. It said that I was 4 ½ lbs more than last time I weighed, which would have been right before Thanksgiving, so you can tell I had a great time eating my way through the holidays! I couldn’t bring myself to flip over to see the actual weight, so I’m going to just count down the pounds lost from today. The Wii will tell me this without having to see the actual weight.

I know, it’s crazy, but I’ve been through this so many times, and I had finally gotten to a nice size, and stayed there for about 5 years, and now I’m depressed that my weight has gotten so out of control. I can put the blame on quitting smoking, but the weight had already started going up before that. Yep, I’m a wimp about this.

Ok- so here is my pic finally. Happy to say I'm wearing some of my new clothes in this that are 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing a year ago!

This pic was taken on Saturday at the shop.

I super hate to admit this but I gained 5 lbs back since Christmas. I have been running like a crazy person, not eating as well as I should and not exercizing at all. We have been looking for a house and it is exahausting.
The other thing I have been slacking on is keeping a food journal. Gotta get back to that!

So I weigh 275 today (some of it could be water retention...'cause I tend to do that once a month if ya know what I mean...maybe TMI- but it's honest)

I fully intend on weighing 270 again by Monday.

I eat about 1400 to 1600 calories a day and as I lose weight that number goes down. I noticed if I don't eat enough I don't lose weight.
I'm a protein person.

I use to never eat breakfast, but I noticed if I don't eat breakfast- I don't lose weight.

Anyway- I gotta long way to go still. I think It will take me at least another year to get to my goal weight- Which I honestly don't know what it is.
I'm extreamely big boned and just under 5'7" so I'm thinking I can pull off 165-175 very well, but who knows, we'll see when I get closer!

Attachments

• 100_5863.jpg
    100_5863.jpg
    675.9 KB · Views: 42
My first week has gone well... I lost 4 pounds! I'm doing weight watchers, and I love the program. I don't feel hungry at all, it's simply teaching me to make healthier choices. The cool part is I can plan for splurges like coffee cake and pizza. I have to get moving next, I don't exercise much except for housework and chasing my kids.

Starting weight 237, today's weight 233. I will get a pic today!

100_1633.jpg

sorry it is a rubbish pic but it does show how wide i am. I was going to get weighed tom but have a girl off sick so i have to cover. I will still start tomorrow and have made my lunch now for tomorrow. I would guess that i am roughtly 178 pounds and at five foot one this is not good. This is the heaviest i have ever been. I would like to be at 147 but will be happy initially to lose 10lb to get back into some of my clothes as nothing fits me.

Good Luck Everyone and well done to those who have already lost :)

ps - I am the one on the right lol

[ but will be happy initially to lose 10lb to get back into some of my clothes as nothing fits me.
]
I know what you mean! I have a fortune wrapped up in the closet. I can't wait to be able to get back into some of them soon.

ps - I am the one on the right lol[/QUOTE]
hehehe cracks me up!

Today I fell off the wagon, but it doesn't count since it's my birthday, right? Fish and chips at a restaurant, and killer carrot cake. Carrots are a vegetable so how bad could it be?

Well first Happy Birthday....

Fried fish is so bad for you...

Just a little tip that I never thought about until I read it. the more you cut something up and then cook it in oil the worse it gets for you.

For instance- take a medium potato. has about 200 calories by it's self. cut it up into lets say 8 peices and pan fry in a tablespoon of oil then it has about 350 calories....cut it up like french fries and deep fry- it has 500 calories, slice super thin like potato chips and then it has 800....so on.

A regular flour tortilla has about 150 to 160 calories. Deep fry it and it has a whopping 400 to 500 calories. a corn tortilla has about 60 calories...fry it up to make it soft- you add about 60+ calories.
If you are a tortilla eater like moi...I personally recommend the mission white corn tortillias. you can warm them up and make them soft without frying them. I also like bueno or mission flour tortillas they have about 150 calories each.

Did you know that the lower the oil temp when your fry your food absorbs more of the oil.
for instance... old fashioned cake donuts, the kind with the cracks on the top that taste at first like heaven and then like you have a mouth full of grease... Well they are fried at 325 degrees and absorb a great deal or fat. Regular cake donuts are fried at about 375 degrees they to absorb a lot of fat, and raised donuts are fried at 400 degrees. Raised donuts have the least amount of calories, but it's still totally bad for you.

pretty much if you fry something it's totally bad for you.

Um- and to break you of eating hamburgers at restaurants- paticularly fast food restaurants.....

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU ARE EATING RIGHT NOW!!. It may gross you out....

The meat used to make the patties are literally heads and hooves. The meat is removed and sent down a big meat tube and treated with ammonia...yes- toliet cleaner....And why do you ask??? To kill the e-coli that is surely in the head and hoove portion of the cow. Now keep in mind that the meat is also mixed in with lots and lots of heads and hooves so the burger that you have "your way" was more than likely made with 10 to 15 different cows.
Needless to say- shannon will no longer be eating hamburgers.

The nice thing about me is once I'm truly grossed out- I never eat it again. I used to LOVE shrimp. I haven't ate shrimp since I was 26. I used to love fried fish...Haven't ate fried fish in 2 years. Remember "goldfish" who used to be here on FC...He told me something about fish and that pretty much did it for me. If I could find a way to be grossed out by EVERYTHING I'd be so dam* skinny!

Donnie and I used to eat out 3 to 4 times a week. since I'm trying to find ways to save money and lose weight I cook all the time at home. We eat out maybe 2 times a month- if we are lucky. When we eat fast food it's always chik-fil-a. They have a char grilled sandwich that only has 300 calories. The char grilled salad only has 230 and if you chose the light italian dressing you only add 15 calories. PLUS they have super good diet lemonade, and they are really nice there too.

By the way we are able to save one whole weeks pay by not going out to eat all the time. We actually live off of 1/4 less than we used to! So going on a diet or making lifestyle changes doesn't mean having to go broke!!

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone on this thread. I hope you all reach your weight loss goals.

People say I'm lucky that I'm so tiny but I actually work really hard on it. I weigh 110 right now but I have been 50 pounds heavier than this in my past. I don't struggle with my weight anymore finally. I have learned so much about food now that it's not difficult for me to turn down the crap I used to eat. I don't eat processed food anymore. I don't eat things in packages. I eat the food we were intended to eat. Yesterday (a very typical day), for example, breakfast was was Organic greek yogurt with tons of organic strawberries and organic blueberries. Lunch was homemade vegetable soup (no noodles, no salt/sodium--just organic veggies and some barley in water with cayanne pepper), dinner was spaghetti but I don't use pasta anymore (because it's just processed flour and water basically) I use spaghetti squash instead. It has a lot more flavor than pasta and it's really healthy. I top it with organic plain spaghetti sauce that I add a bunch of organic zucchini and peppers to. That's how I eat now. and it doesn't feel like a diet. It's just my life now. People say I'm missing out because I don't indulge in the holidays but I have re-defined fun now. Fun is not food anymore. I don't live to eat anymore. I don't worry about whether my meal will bring enough pleasure. I just make food decisions based on how my body will feel. I try to eat everything in a form as close as possible to how it grew. I don't eat meat but if I did it would be organic and free range because when you eat an animal, you eat what they ate and the way factory farming is in this country, they aren't eating anything good unless it's organic. I eat everything organic because I can't bear the thought of eating pesticides and chemicals anymore. You might think that eating organic has nothing to do with weight loss but it's not true. Chemicals wreak havoc on your system which wreaks havoc on your metabolism. My body is in perfect health now. I feel great. I don't get headaches anymore. I haven't taken even an asprin in 5 years. I haven't had a cold in 5 years. I wake up every day full of life. I run not because it makes me lose weight but because it keeps my heart strong and wards off heart disease. All that low calorie, low carb, sugar-free, diet food I used to eat was killing me. I never felt good. I had to drink coffee all day to stay awake. And I felt like I could hardly eat anything without gaining weight. My weight was on a constant yo-yo. We are not meant to eat chemicals or to be overweight. I read the ingredients on everything now. If I don't recognize one ingredient then I don't want to eat it. I'm not letting a bunch of money-hungry food companies trick my taste buds into getting addicted to their crappy food anymore. I will never stop eating this way because back then I never knew how crappy I felt because I didn't know how it felt to feel so good. Now, if I even eat a handful of crackers (or anything processed) I can tell the difference in my energy level and mood immediately. Anyway, I won't go on and on. Just thought I could offer a little inspiration and say that my favorite book that really helped me make the connection with weight loss was Master your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels (speaking of the Biggest Loser). I also really enjoyed the movie Food Inc. for the same reason, I'm such a health nut now but I really wasn't always like this. I used to spend many a night in a Walmart parking lot bingeing on an entire cake and pint of ice cream. I used to eat fast food and fried food. So glad those days are behind me. I couldn't be forced to take even a bite of fast food now because I no longer view that as food.

And people say that organic and whole foods are too expensive but as Jillian says "you pay now or you pay later". Also good food is only expensive if you compare it to crap food. Just like with your car. If someone came out with a new gasoline that was half the price but it made your car run really sluggish and pretty much guaranteed it would shorten the cars life then you wouldn't buy it just because it was cheap. In the same sense, your body is your vehicle that can get you everywhere you want to go in life but it has to have the right fuel.

OK, I'll stop and get out of your thread now. I'm just passionate about health now and I just wanted to say that there is an awesome life on the other side of your weight loss so keep at it!

..............OK, I'll stop and get out of your thread now. I'm just passionate about health now and I just wanted to say that there is an awesome life on the other side of your weight loss so keep at it!

Thanks for sharing.......I'm now shopping with my eyes instead of my "tongue". I'm reading ingridients now and I've asked for "accountability" from my wife and friends. I'm 50 lbs overweight and luckily in great health. Doc told me last week you will pay in the next few years if you don't change. Made "talapia" the other night over red dices tomatoes, garlice and EVOO. I'm getting there..........................

I 100% agree Sarah... Don't know if I could ever be that extreme, but I like your style.

I save so much money by eating fresh fruits and veggies rather than little debbie snack cakes and garbage.

You know you hear "eat whole grain, eat leafy green veggies, eat unprocessed food."
But no ever says why.

Well the why I found out is because your body needs it. That sounds vague as well, so I'll go further.

I can eat 1500 calories in candy or donuts or whatever garbage food and guarantee not to lose weight and also feel very tired and hungry.

I can eat the same calories in whole grain, fresh veggies, lean meat and feel totally full, totally not tired and satisfied.

Even the cut of meat is important. they say "eat 3 ounces of meat/protein with your meals" ok
But 3oz of ribeye and 3oz tenderloin do not have the same calories nor the same amount of protein.

In order to make lifestyle changes people really must educated themselves. I learn stuff everyday and it always amazes me what I learn and how my body responds to it.

During Christmas I felt like such a drug addict. Literally. I ate some sugar and then ate some more and then even more and the WHOLE time telling myself "What the hell are you doing." but I just felt so out of control and at the same time excited to be eating the crap. How sick is that?!
Even sicker- I think I'm having "withdrawls" I feel light headed and kind of sick since I've layed off the sugar... maybe I'm just getting sick, man I hope not!

Change is hard and sticking to it is harder. Good luck everybody.