Flower ID help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the green ones i had in last week, they are a chrysanth bloom, we call them ping pongs (sorry dont know botanical name) they are the size of ping pong balls and you used to only be able to get them in white but recently they have been green too. I think i might have them coming in tomorrow, if i do i will take a pic and post, they are like a kermit but are single balls:>

ok here is another view, still has the watermark cuz i didn't purchase, just want to show you the proportion and that there is no way those are standard kermit mums. (But I can believe they are some other variety of mum)
flowrs.jpg

ok here is another view, still has the watermark cuz i didn't purchase, just want to show you the proportion and that there is no way those are mums.
View attachment 4259

Yeah, and not permanents either - those are definitely real. I was mistaken.

the red ones are dahlias for sure, I get them every week and their blooms are typically 3-5" across ...not sure about the green ones but I also think the hanging red berries are pepper berries.

the green ones i had in last week, they are a chrysanth bloom, we call them ping pongs (sorry dont know botanical name) they are the size of ping pong balls and you used to only be able to get them in white but recently they have been green too. I think i might have them coming in tomorrow, if i do i will take a pic and post, they are like a kermit but are single balls:>

I reckon they're the green version of rebelle (sp) hence ping pong name and I'm still of a mind to say the red are chrysanthemum as well. Where did you get the picture from ... is it a European source as that would open up varietiy options that may not yet be available in the States.

Attachments

• Rebelle-White-_klKL.jpg
    Rebelle-White-_klKL.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 67
Carrie I got it from a US site and the image came up when I typed "dahlias". There IS a dahlia somewhere in that arrg! lol

Also guys look at the hydrangea in there, that will also help give a sense of proportion.

Ok ... I need to ponder but getting weary now so not sure I'd spot a dahlia, ping pong or frog like flower if it hit me in the face!! Will think on and see what has occurred by my morning time. Night night
C

Reactions: 1 person
Carrie I got it from a US site and the image came up when I typed "dahlias". There IS a dahlia somewhere in that arrg! lol

Also guys look at the hydrangea in there, that will also help give a sense of proportion.

Robin -

On another note:

Sometimes the photographers that submit their work to dreamstime aren't exactly floral savvy. I've gotten "carnation" results before from searching "peony"...

I do agree that they look like dahlias but, sometimes the photographers don't know *exactly* what flower is really in the photo :)

Here's a pic of the green flowers right next to a kermit mum...

bouquet-of-flowers-thumb5107901.jpg

I am thoroughly convinced that the green flower is a dahlia. I zoomed in and the petals match the dahlia more than the mum. Look closely how the petals curl inward like the dahlia. The first pic is the green flower we are trying to identify, the second the dahlia, and the third the chrysanth bloom. I have sent this picture to the a few Dahlia associations and clubs for their input. I will let you all know if I get a reply.

Attachments

• dahlia2.jpg
    dahlia2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 12
  • chrybloom1.gif
    chrybloom1.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 1 person
unfortunately i didnt get the green ping pongs in today, I did get the white ones so Im going to try and post a pic of these, dont know if it will work though, i havent done it before, anyway, I think the red ones are dahlia but do think the green ones are green ping pong chrysanth blooms. If we were able to touch them we would know, but we cant unfortunately so I dont think we will ever find out for definate. The pic has an ordinary chrysanth bloom also with it so you can see the size.

Attachments

• xanths 002.jpg
    xanths 002.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 18
I have been thinking about this thread all day, oh my god!! What a great thread and great debate. .

Robin they are kermits and doubles lol lol lol lol.

Do you have the original site, maybe we could email them and ask them??

But one things for sure, this has got to be sorted. I cant stand much more lol

Paula I know what a kermit is, what's a double? The photo was found on dreamstime.com which is a stock photography site.

It is NOT a kermit! Wrong size!!!:duel::whip::smash
lol

I have been thinking about this thread all day, oh my god!! What a great thread and great debate. .

Robin they are kermits and doubles lol lol lol lol.

Do you have the original site, maybe we could email them and ask them??

But one things for sure, this has got to be sorted. I cant stand much more lol

Palms,

The image I posted a few up from your post contains a photo of the green ball flower thing right next to a kermit pomp. Do your kermits in the UK look different from these?

Status
Not open for further replies.