Flower ID help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad, I dont think thats the same thing. LJVF is right on. I didnt know what the real name was, we always describe them as the large kermits...

Edited to express my love for that lime Zinnia, isnt that a freakin' beauty!

Brad, I dont think thats the same thing. LJVF is right on. I didnt know what the real name was, we always describe them as the large kermits...

Edited to express my love for that lime Zinnia, isnt that a freakin' beauty!
OOPS my bad going too fast with the mouse again Thx:spintongu

I would guess it is some hybrid form of "chrysanthemum morifolium". But without actually knowing the texture of the petals it's difficult to say.

PwLJjZEoutL9IDMly+DaXlXhDVKhvPwi01F4.jpg

here's another pic.

http://flickr.com/photos/mimad/1292662368/

Then it's not a kermit. Green mum maybe, but not kermit

not all green roses are Jade, not all lavender roses are sterling, etc.

Talked to a couple of brokers and Steve at Florabundance and they aren't sure what it is, but one thought the hanging red stuff could be faux.
/que dramatic music - DUM DUM DUMMMMMMMM!

Still waiting to hear back from a Dutch broker.

I blew up the image and they look like lil strawberries. Their texture is fuzzy kind of like Amaranthus, but not as small little balls.

Pepperberries are more clumped and not single balls and are not fuzzy. They start off green, then turn red and then black (pepper). The red part, that turns green is a thin shell, that is sweet.

....still trying to figure this out. It might be faux.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 22
As a side note, have you guys used the Peony Tulips yet? /drool

4644.jpg

carnavalde_ap.jpg

646946.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
We got some that were egg plant purple and green and they looked like little artichokes. They were $20 a bunch :boggles: from Holland. We used them only twice this summer for wedding work. I can't wait till California starts growing them for a better price. :)

Does anyone else think the hanging thingys are faux?

Ohhh dam if I know... nice.. I get it now :) lol - I am not going to tell you I went to Google images and typed in Damifino. Shhhhhh lol - I am such a nub sometimes.

Does anyone else think the hanging thingys are faux?

I would lean toward faux, but it's really hard to tell from the image. They look like shriveled up orange bittersweet berries.

I'm wondering if the berries could be some sort of palm fruit.
That's what we were guessing here, except for the color and the delicate size - the formation is very much like palm.

Could be faux ....

Those are either mighty big Kermits, or small dahlias...they also look kind of "roundy", but maybe.... Cool arrangements, tho'

For sure, they are kermit mums and I would say pepperberry. We use kermits all the time and they are a hot little accent flower that goes with just about everything. Nice "pop" of colour when you want it.

it's called chrironne pluis and it's in the color section on Just chrys site
Carrie is right, the green are Chrironne plius. The hanging red berries are either feather eucalyptus berries or willow eucalyptus berries. I am 100% convienced this is what BOTH of these botanicals are. If I'm wrong it wont be the first. But I don't think I am.

What they are NOT is kermits or red hanging amaranthus or pepperberries. That I would bet my life on.

Reactions: 1 person
flaflowers, from what I have researched, they are not pepper berries and I did call Steve, who is the longest standing rep at Florabundance(he even was our Rep at June before the split), a few days ago and a few other brokers, they don't know what they are. All the different types of pepper berries, that I have seen are clumped up, not single fuzzy balls. And Bittersweet I have bought and seen doesn't grow (hang) like that on the branch. Their texture looks like love lies bleeding amaranth (hanging amaranth) but hanging amaranth doesn't grow ball like, that I have seen.

That is why I said maybe faux, but Shannon says euc berries, but I am not familiar with Euc berries like this, so maybe that is what they are. :) Shannon, do you have pics?

Here are the pepperberries on the sieraflower site:

15023012002923924.jpg

Pepperberries are more red and then go pinkish when dried. When they dry, they do not wrinkle like in the Robin's pic. Plus see how they are clumped?

Anyone else here take some of their pepper berries home and put them in their salad? They are great! Sweet shell, pepper middle. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.