Flower ID help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually..............

It could be a ping pong like deedee said!! I am going to deliberately order some tomorrow. lol The other green xanths that are on the pic in this thread are a different variety altogether. They are just a green chrysanth, a spider type.

Robin, look in the pic i posted earlier, it is kermits with double chrysanthemums, thats why i was so convinced as they size would be explained. Not 100% sure about the kermit thing now but they are so not dahlias. I searched for green dahlias and i dont think you can get them. It is true that they explanation on google doesnt automatically match the actual flower. Double chrysanthemums are like normal ones but with double petals. We use them a lot in funeral work over here..:tongue:

They look like dahlias to me. Just my opinion.

Look at the pictures I've attached.
The Kermits don't match at all.
The Gerrondo Gerbs don't match, wrong head shape.
The 3 pictures of ball dahlias look very similar. Look at the petal shape.

Too bad we can't see the foliage. That is really the only way to truly know.

Did anyone notice that this is the same container that we discussed for refrigerator buckets last week?

bj, those green ones are not kermits. they are a spider chrysanth.

could be a ping pong.... well in any case that could fill in the arrg. I guess in the end it's most important that we can get the same look, and we know there are lots of flowers that can do that.

:cool:

Palms,

The image I posted a few up from your post contains a photo of the green ball flower thing right next to a kermit pomp. Do your kermits in the UK look different from these?

Heather i can only see the one pic of kermit like flowers and the red ones, our kermits are green.. your post says the green ones next to the kermit pomp. I am saying the green ones look like kermits.

My vote is Dahlia or Mum. :p

That hanging red thingy is not loves lies bleeding amaranth (aka hang amaranth), it's not pepper berries or china berries. - Side note, I have a famr that dies china berries red, they are cool. :) - I use all three above and that stuff isn't any of them.

Ok.. since everyone is working on the green balls, I am going to work on the red hanging stuff.

Brb

Wow, I have loved this thread.. and it has driven me crazy over the green flowers in question. Is certainly a disbud chrysanthemum, like the white Boris Becker. Unfortunately there are so many restrictions inporting Dutch mums into the states it is tough to find this type, your Colombian farms really do not grow the ping pong type. But I am positive it is a type of mum.
The red is a dahlia.
The hanging red thing, looks somewhat like pepperberry but the fruit is clustered more. There are many varieties of bepper berry so it could be one of those. Depending on the time of year and where the desing was made may determine what it is.

Heather i can only see the one pic of kermit like flowers and the red ones, our kermits are green.. your post says the green ones next to the kermit pomp. I am saying the green ones look like kermits.

Palms,

Here's a better pic. I highlighted the kermit next to the huge-green-ball-flower-thingy :)

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 21
I think that just kind of proves that it looks like a kermit as on a spray you get really tiny ones lower down on the stem and the larger ones on the top. why would the designer use the very small kermits from down the stem and then use green dahlias - does not make sense??

Btw you are very clever on a comp, well impressed :thumbsup

The IMPORTANT THING is this.....We can take that picture and use it as inspiration and make our own versions and SELL them.

I can see that design on a smaller scale using red pixie carns and kermits with pepperberries, and I can see it larger using clusters of red roses and viburnum with red hanging amaranthus.

Just imagine what you could do if you wanted to do this for a grand design.

heather, i say lets call it "huge green ball flower thingy". lol

then we can all be happy. we will make up our own name...

heather, i say lets call it "huge green ball flower thingy". lol

then we can all be happy. we will make up our own name...

Lol, I agree.

I just can't figure out what the heck it is. Especially now that I saw the huge-green-ball thingy next to the button mum.....my head hurts.

Kermits they are

Sorry guys, these are kermits. We get them in from Holland every once and a while but they are quite pricey at close to $4 a stem. They usually mesure about 2 inches in diameter and its one flower per stem.

I would guess it is some hybrid form of "chrysanthemum morifolium". But without actually knowing the texture of the petals it's difficult to say.

PwLJjZEoutL9IDMly+DaXlXhDVKhvPwi01F4.jpg

Lime green Zinnia

did you get them in green palms? I cant get them now until next thursday, I had them in last week so I am totally convinced they are a ping pong :loopy, boris becker is the white one, dont know what the green ones are called though

I would guess it is some hybrid form of "chrysanthemum morifolium". But without actually knowing the texture of the petals it's difficult to say.

PwLJjZEoutL9IDMly+DaXlXhDVKhvPwi01F4.jpg

Ha! - look at that. I had no idea you could get mums that look like that. So, it's like a spray button mum but, single stemmed like a fugi/cremon/football? I've honestly never seen them. Cool!

The actual name is Tequila lime Zinnia2818338231_b792e42081_m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.