Not open for further replies.

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
How many members would be interested in contributing VOLUNTARILY to a fund to advertise FlowerChat via NON-internet media to other florists?

Current wave in the industry is a good time to "gather"....

Comments both pro and con gladly accepted :)

There is NO better vehicle...

than FlowerChat to get the word out, and therefore it is imperative, that you count me IN!!
We HAVE to do this......

LORRIE said:
Boss- what is the latest on this idea! I think now is the time, there is so much discontent in the ranks!
Me too Lorie... but with Christmas on, it may have to wait 19 more days... :)

one thing, we are adding a Blog to FlowerChat that we hope will share information with those that do not come here... Blogs are found by Bots and Spiders and many folks read them as opposed to Forum based sites...

Stay tuned!

Count me in!

For those that voted and said yes in this poll, I thank you.

I have of late been contacted by several florists with financial support for placing an ad in a National Florist Publication.

I would like the Ad to be somewhat of an Editorial-vertisement, mostly text based, and promoting FlowerChat and the Blog as well as xposing deception with a little about the Florist Detective site. (if you have a problem with this let me know)

The cost of one full page ad in SAF's Floral Management is about $1700.00. I think this would be our best place to start, but I want to hear your thoughts as well.

Ya'll game?

Thanks in advance

You got it

Don't have as many clams as I did before the hurricane but will send what I can.....the money that is being made down here from folks draggin off fallen trees and cut limbs and branches is amazing....tons of bucks....our yard cost a little over 700 just to cut the limbs that were broken and drag them to the street...forget about cleaning up anything...all you need is a chain saw and a truck!!! But put me down...we should be able to get more than one ad if eveyone contributes...
Thanks for all the effort to those who are behind the scenes on this project! We grumble and mumble but we do appreciate all that you are doing....

I'm in...you bet.

This board is SO valuable in sooo many ways....no problem with Florist Detective

I say we "pass the hat" and see if we can indeed raise the funds. Everyone should contribute as they feel led - in any amount... Let's face it - we all have different levels of "support" available for this...

Would be neat to see a mock-up of the ad you have in mind....as long as the ad is not too "wordy", your thought of an editorial-ad sounds like a good idea...

- H.

Got to be done

How many retail florists subscribe to SAF vs Florist Review. And what about some of the FREE [not subscribed] publications, if there are any significant ones?

Advertising is not the only method. What about Press Releases?

All florists use wholesalers, can/kwould Wholesales distribute literature? They should be interested in the health of the retail florist.

and more......

I'm "issuing" a thousand flyers, simply pointing customers to floristdetective.com, and when THEY are gone, I'm issuing 5 THOUSAND more.....before Christmas/Valentines!

You can count me in.

Ok, here's the link:

Contribute here via PayPal

Or by cheque to:
FlowerChat
250 The East Mall
Ste 1264
Etobicoke, ON M9B6L3
Canada

If you send a cheque, pls send an email or PM as well so that we can notify you when the cheque arrives (or doesn't arrive!).

Let's rock in 2006!

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.