• Yes

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • No thanks

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else?? Comments???

We only have a couple days until it must be submitted.....

12BucksFor2Dozon said:
I don't know...maybe you could put in some type of promotion code(?) so you can track how many people actually noticed the ad and gave us a try.

If nothing else, I would be interested in the "ROI" on the "investment". That data alone could be valuable.

A promo code might not be a bad idea, as we move forward it might be good to know which magazine (once we get to more than one) produces the best results... could be as simple as FR=Florist Review, FM=Floral Management, etc...

As to the ROI, tough to measure in dollars I think, until those new members decide to help support the advertising fund, unless you are going to base it on members gained/advertisement. Then how do you judge it? I guess we'll have to wait and see once the ad runs and then how many new members join over the 4-6 weeks after the ad??

ROI on dollars spent, when dollars are gained is easy to figure out, but shoot, if all we got from one ad was a handful of folks like you mark, it would be worth it IMHO....

Happy HO HO folks, back to work monday...5.5 days to go!!

Infinite said:
Powered by Florists! FlowerChat.com

Where today's independent floral professionals go to network with fellow florists and discuss the latest information about

• wire services
  • product trends and resources
  • managing and evaluating real expenses
  • floral design tips and techniques
  • florist technology and POS systems
  • making your web site work for you
  • advertising and marketing your own brand
Free, unfiltered, frank and lively discussions focused on the floral industry's latest issues, news and views. Read what real florists are saying:
"It's a wonderful place, full of information, fun, debate and good people (some of whom I've had the good fortune to meet). Thank you for providing us such a wonderfully positive venue."

"Not sure we would have made it to our 4th year without the support and information on the board!"

"This board is like having a cup of coffee in the morning. You need to log on here first before you start your day."

"This board is fast becoming the best source for info and straight talk about our issues."

Join the FlowerChat Community today with a free registration at FlowerChat.com.

"
The web's premier opportunity to network with fellow professional florists."

This ad sponsored through the generous donations of FlowerChat.com Community members.

Since I don't know the size of ad you're running I am assuming a smaller ad rather than a full page ad.

Keep it simple.

Tighten your message to just three points. You will have more impact. Why, because people will more easily see three bullets rather than a longer list of bullets. Remember, most people skim. You need to catch their eye and direct them to log onto www.flowerchat.com. Once they do that you have them where you want them. HERE!!!

Your first bullet "wire services" bugs me. You might want to rank the bullets in order of importance. I am not sure most florists would view wire services as the most important aspect of the floral business.

I come here to hear the latest industry news. There are some of you out there (and you know who your are....) that gets the inside news and you post it here well before that news is published in the traditional news services. Ex. FTD's end of year stockholders meeting.

This forum is also a "source for problem solving" Here is an example. FTD and Norton antivirus thread. Very helpful learning what FTD was doing. I read that thread, I called FTD, and then I posted what I learned from FTD rep to that thread in an attempt to help other florists.

Yes: I know I have used two FTD examples, but those were two examples off the top of my head.

Tips and techniques is also helpful, especially for newbies as well as oldies.

Technology is also a good bullet

I don't see as much discussion about website enhancement advertising and marketing bullets.

Drop the testimonials, or at least reduce them.
Hope this helps
Joe:)

What ROI are you talking about. Are you trying to sell them something?

The ad will be a black and white half page and will appear in the February issue of Florists' Review.

ROI=response rate? Some kind of response tracking would be a good idea, 12Bucks. :)

Sher, with 'wire services' listed as one of the topics covered by this board, I think the word independent is OK. The emphasis on Real Florists makes sense. I'm on the fence about including the words 'order gatherer' because it's pretty much covered under wire services and wonder if "wire services and order gatherers" looks too negative as the first bullet point. ?

Joe, I see your point about the number of bullets. This site is so content rich that to list only three points seems to omit areas of interest to many florists. We may need to trim the quotes to fit the space - but they're all so good. (Thanks to those of you that wrote them. :) )

The ad text needs to be turned in today so we only have a few more hours for comments. Please keep 'em comin'...

bloomz said:
What ROI are you talking about. Are you trying to sell them something?
Of COURSE *we* are...we are trying the sell them the idea that FlowerChat is a great place to florist to meet and discuss things that effect the industry. It's abstract, I agree, but still "selling" nonetheless.

Why else would we be paying $1700 or so if we weren't "selling something"??? I just think that since we are doing it anyway, it might be informative to see what type of response percentage that such a ad generates, so we could use that information in future marketing pushes. If we see that 8% of the readers gave us a try, then we can use that to see if other full-page ads for perhaps more "real" products could be worthwhile.

Also, as Mark said, it might be interesting to see the different responses from the different publications. There is all sorts of interesting data that could be gathered from it, IMHO.

I guess you all totally misunderstood my "ROI" reference. I meant it in an abstract way, not in dollars, which is why I put it in quotes. If what you are selling is free subscriptions to FC, well then the "ROI" would be how many people actually came and got free subscriptions/$ dollars spent.

I am sorry for any confusion this comment may have caused.

Reactions: 1 person
Remember :

The ad is not selling a product rather it is informing the floral trade of this forum. Admission is free.

All that is needed is for someone to log-into FC and see what it is all about.

12BucksFor2Dozon said:
I guess you all totally misunderstood my "ROI" reference. I meant it in an abstract way, not in dollars, which is why I put it in quotes. If what you are selling is free subscriptions to FC, well then the "ROI" would be how many people actually came and got free subscriptions/$ dollars spent.

I am sorry for any confusion this comment may have caused.

I got ya... must be the glue-pot fumes that had hold of me....sorry if I was outa line...

It's all good! 4.5 days to go :)

Sher said:
Did it get sent in? What was the final layout?? Can we see.....
Did you get your copy of FR???

We're looking into Floral Management currently, for March.

Just a note to advise all FlowerChat Community members that we are once again going to run the FlowerChat ad in Florist Review in their September issue, and that we could use a little help if you can as the advertising budget is nearing the bottom of the barrel.

We chose this issue because they are doing an article on the "floral message boards". The boards profiled are FlowerChat, Flowersandcents and FloristBoard, with perhaps a mention of Foxgloves from the UK.

We want to continue building FlowerChat into the "authority" that it is in the industry, and with your gracious help we can do that.

Thanks for your time.

rich said:
Perhaps I have missed this but how does one make a contribution to this?
Who and How?
Donation information can be found HERE

Thanks for your interest and continued support of YOUR Community.

FlowerChat Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.