Anyone interested in contributing ?

• Yes

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • No thanks

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in boss but I agree with Tom how many are still in SAF I dropped them a year ago and they will not be getting any of my money anytime soon.

Does any one here have a list even if its an old list of the top 1000 florist with any of the wire services that is probably the ones we need in order to get anything off the ground that will have any steam to it.

I sent my paypal earlier today...but I can't help but wonder what exactly the main thrust of this message is going to be...to come to FC, and do...what?? Not to be contentious, but do what exactly? To fight OGs so YOU can get your skim and send the order? To complain about the cost of containers while still featuring FTD and TF in your full-page "we wire everywhere" YP ad?

I hope, BOSS, that you will allow us contributors a bit of editorial review before you send off the ad...not necessarly to change the message but to a least know beforehand what I just spent my money to promote.

A little info...

Shooting for a January placement, once the holidays are over, and folks have time to pay attention.

While talking last night, thought of splitting the funding between SAF (reaches about 9K Real Florists) and Florist Review (the last independant industry mag) to get the best coiverage for the dollars spent, thus most likely a half page ad in each for the same price I outlined earlier.

Content is (currently) thought to include an explaination of FlowerChat and it's benefit to Real Florists along with a little about the FLoristDetective.com site to spread not only the word on deception but that there IS A GROUP of like minded florists with the best interests of the industry in mind.

The only way we are ever going to affect change is to multiply the voices carrying the message, and increase the Grass Roots effort that is slowly gaining momentum...

Going forward, I am self-funding (currently) the developement of an "umbrella site" to bring all segments of the industry together under one URL. I am not building a new FC, or a new FD but a place to bring the whole industry together in one place...more on that down the road.

I see no problem with having a "review" of the planned ad content, however keeping in mind space limitations I'm sure many will have ideas of their own which will need to be considered. The message for now, I feel needs to be of a rallying nature to get more florists involved.

I did a presentation yesterday developed by the Florist Detectives for the MFA Board, and I was suprised how many there, while they knew about some of the problems did not know about FC and FD, and these are some of the best florists in Michigan.

While the presentation (power point) was developed with a slightly Michigan attitude based on my location it went over well. Currently we are in the process of making a more generic version that will be made available to every state florist assoc and SAF as well as any Real Florist that promises to share it with others in their markets. Again, most likely available early January.

There is alot going on as we all know, and I feel it's time to make a concerted effort to grow the ranks of florists in the know, hence the placement of ad-editorials to garner attention, and let everyone know we are SERIOUS and not just a lot of hot air...

Again, thanks for your support!!!

CHR said:
Anyway for us to see a running total for the fund?
Current balance $400 USD. Echoing Boss, any amount is appreciated :)

Ryan

Sher said:
Any drafts for us to take a look at? And where is the fund at money wise? Is it going to be ready for the first of the year...before VD? That would be awesome!
Personally I'm thinking January issues would be the best, when florists have time after Christmas and before VD... thoughts?

As to drafts, nothing postable yet, but I'm working on it...too dang busy (never) in the shop these last couple weeks.......

If it isn't submitted in Jan you won't get it published in time for VD ....
Where do we stand on the amount of money donated...is there a running total that can be posted here weekly? How much we need and how much we have type of thing.Might bring in more donations if folks see that others are contributing...and make it a post that does not have to be "new" to be seen daily. Thanks...just an opinion.

Sher said:
Where do we stand on the amount of money donated...is there a running total that can be posted here weekly?

Ryan has that info....

The fund balance currently sits at $650 USD, with no activity since Nov 10th.

Ryan

PhillyPhlorist said:
Would be neat to see a mock-up of the ad you have in mind....as long as the ad is not too "wordy", your thought of an editorial-ad sounds like a good idea...
- H.
Maybe if folks could "see" a rough draft, they might be more inclined to donate...got anything to show us?

So far, six shops have contributed. The shop count and donation total do not include amounts from Boss or myself - this is just the member contributions.

Ryan

As usual I am not quite understanding what you are doing with this fund. Is it to inform other real florist about the flowerchat board?
Regardless, in a show of support and thanks for the educational experience I made a small donation on behalf of my company.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Mark who do I make check out to and what address do i send it to. I been somewhat absent from here lately been out chaseing that elusive buck and headed back out right after turkey day for another 3 days.

Rough Draft of Ad to be submitted Dec 19th