How Old Are You?

How Old are you and How long in floristry?

• Age 20-34

Votes: 23 13.0%
  • Age 35-44

Votes: 44 24.9%
  • Age 45-49

Votes: 29 16.4%
  • Age 50-54

Votes: 29 16.4%
  • Age 55-64

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • Age 65-74

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Age 75-up

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • A florist for 5 years

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • A florist 6 to 10 years

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • A florist 11 to 20 years

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • A florist 21 to 30 years

Votes: 34 19.2%
  • A florist 31 to 40 years

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • A florist 41 to 50 years

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • A florist for more than 50 years

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are hilarious!

As to the question: I am 34, feel like I'm 64, have been a mother as long as I have not (oldest daughter's 17 and leaving me for Johnson & Wales University for Culinary Arts in Sept! WAAAAHHHHH!), and I've finally decided what I wanted to be when I grew up: A FLORAL DESIGNER! Have been in the "business" less than a year. "Business" = having paying clients. :eek:)~

5th Generation, and as Boss said, "born in the building." (figuratively!)

Grew up at the shops from the first days - as soon as I could fold things Grandad had me making boxes for a nickel a piece. My playpen was in the same corner of the office where my desk was later.

I'm now 32 and finding new ways to work in and for this industry.

Ryan

I turned 47 last week and have been in the industry since two days after high school graduation - 29 years ago!

Did have a little stint where I thought I wanted a "real" (read: monied) career so I took a small detour...to law school. Glad I got that out of my system and gained the knowledge that one must do what makes one truly happy; hang the numbers on the paycheck. ;)

42 years olds,27 years in the business,10 on my own,3 in this retail store.
I agree with Amy,God Bless you Old Timers! 75 years old and 50 + in the biz WOW!!!When they say it's in your blood they mean it !!

There's that FLOWER POWER at work

Almost 62 here.....voted 41 - 50 years in business, but after reading the posts maybe I should have posted over 50 as I too was born in my parents flowershop in the old country.
So I guess that's 61+ years with a sabbatical of 12 years (moving to Canada and going to school)

Almost 62 here.....voted 41 - 50 years in business, but after reading the posts maybe I should have posted over 50 as I too was born in my parents flowershop in the old country.
So I guess that's 61+ years with a sabbatical of 12 years (moving to Canada and going to school)

Where is the Old Country?

Carol Bice

54 and have been in the business for about 35 years with some time off to have two kids.

38 years old.
19 years in the business, including 4 years & 7 months as an owner.

I do believe it gets in your blood - the passion for flowers, the passion for business, the passion for entrepreneurship. My mind is more alive now than ever before in my life, and I believe it's because of the challenges I try and overcome as a business-owner.

Where is the Old Country?

Carol Bice
The country where flowers were invented?? Holland
I was born in the residence in the back of the shop, and the lettering on the window is my name!

Attachments

• flowershop.jpg
    flowershop.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 47
47 years old.
25 years in the business
17 years in retail (13 years owning my own shop)
8 years in wholesale.

WOW, now I feel old!
This business does get in your blood.

I would NOT change a thing!

i think i win for being youngest 25! I started helping at the flower shop when the previous owners had it back I would say about middle school time frame. High School decided this is what I wanna do with my life and researched colleges and did just that! Bought the flower shop from the nice previous owners in Dec 2004 and now its been 4yrs mom and I doing well.

I was born in the residence in the back of the shop, and the lettering on the window is my name!

Now, that is interesting. Loved the photo.

So, do you still have Holland traditions in your home or family? Why did your family move to Canada?

Do you have a Dutch accent?

Carol Bice

John...you "dressed" kinda weird in those days!!

Now, that is interesting. Loved the photo.

So, do you still have Holland traditions in your home or family? Why did your family move to Canada?

Do you have a Dutch accent?

Carol Bice

he's got kinda a "dutchy" aroma....and it's nice!!:)

I was "born in the building".... 53 year's yould ;)

I AM the building!!
We've been in the shop since '85, I'VE been in the shop since '91, my other half has been in this biz 40 years this month.
Thanks Tom....we "really" needed to be "reminded" how old SOME of us are!!
I think Carol Bice is the cutest of us all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.