I Am Freezing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had 3" of RAIN yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be a little more today! It's not enough to be out of the drought or for the water restrictions to be lifted, but it's RAIN! A cold, sharp, what would have previously been called a miserable RAIN.

We had that miserable rain yesterday. It fell in an unrelenting sheet for well over an hour. Bleah.

V

I had an infrared heater fitted in the workroom at work today ! Apparently it warms you and not anything around you, hence , keeping my flowers cool ! The electrician assured me that i could put a thermometer against it, whilst on, and i wont register anything? But it works by picking up on body heat and warming it ? we'll see ??

Sounds like you are microwaving yourself!!:pblush:

by the way Shannon, if you are still freezing, then you might like that we have had need to have the AC on in the afternoons here.

yeah, but you have big scary bugs Ricky!! HA!
I really hate bugs.
Somebody told me they don't have bugs in New Zeland, I found out there are bugs there...Wont be moving there I guess.

It's suppose to snow Sunday..
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<sigh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Come to Australia - the weather is lovely.

Not too many bugs, just Redback Spiders, Huntsman Spiders, Dugites (snakes), Tiger Snakes, Great White Sharks (and I'm not talking about the golfer) and Drop Bears.

Oh and Stingrays, Stonefish, Crocodiles (it's really just the saltwater Crocs you have to look out for, the freshies are harmless, more or less) and Dingoes.

The Dingoes are cool though, they only eat babies.

:ausflag:

Reactions: 1 person
It seams every year there is one or two American tourists in Darwin who ignore the "NO SWIMMING - CROCODILES" signs near the river and wind up getting eaten. Guess it's kind of like the Aussies in Whistler poking the bears.

Hey, I did say the weather is lovely.

Bugs don't bother me. They rather intrigue me. They certainly wouldn't deter me from visiting New Zealand or Australia.

Generally in my travelling experience, it's the people who give me pause, not the critters. ;)

By the way, my windows are wide open so the warmth of this glorious weekend can fill my rooms. It's going to be another fabulous Thanksgiving. :)

V

I wish so much that bugs didn't bother me, but they do, except for lady bugs and butterflies. I know that's so stupid but it's the truth

I've had the heat on last 2 nights... mornings are cold and damp, but by afternoon you are sweating...and as soon as the sun goes down it's freezing again. It's no wonder everyone is coughing and sick!?!?!

Sunday is supposed to be in the 80's. My husband is running the Chicago marathon, and he keeps complaining about how hot it is going to be. I am secretly SO happy, since I will be the one schleping the kids on and off the "el-train" to see him running!!!!!! I hate being cold!!!! Afterall, it's all about melol

NO SNOW - NO SNOW!! I hate the cold.

By the way shannon,
they are BIG and SCARY and have been none to consume little animals!! - just kidding!

The 'palmetto bug' is actually another name for the cockroach.
But it's not the shy, brown-colored little guy that scurries under your desk.
Palmetto bugs live in the deep south, from South Carolina to Florida.
Palmetto bugs are significantly larger than their northern brethren, blacker in color, and bolder. They won't hesitate to drop on your head or run across your toes.
Also, Palmetto bugs can FLY. They are also better armored than cockroaches.

NO SNOW - NO SNOW!! I hate the cold.

By the way shannon,
they are BIG and SCARY and have been none to consume little animals!! - just kidding!

The 'palmetto bug' is actually another name for the cockroach.
But it's not the shy, brown-colored little guy that scurries under your desk.
Palmetto bugs live in the deep south, from South Carolina to Florida.
Palmetto bugs are significantly larger than their northern brethren, blacker in color, and bolder. They won't hesitate to drop on your head or run across your toes.
Also, Palmetto bugs can FLY. They are also better armored than cockroaches.

I'm thinking of puttin' a saddle on one and riding it into town. It'll save on gas!

Seriously though, those suckers are huge and yes, my husband DID have one land on his face in the middle of the night. Have you ever heard a grown man scream like a little girl? I HAVE!!!! LOL!! He wouldn't let anyone go back to sleep until I hunted the thing down and killed it. Well, by that time it had flown into a crack somewhere and I was up half the night looking for it.

If memory serves me correctly I've never seen one, but have heard of them in the lower part of the state.

I seriously thought of moving to SC one day..

It will never happen now. I do not deal with bugs well. OMG.

Just arrived home (more than slightly tipsy) from a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner at a friends home. We sat out on the deck, absorbing all the rays we could while cooking the lamb on the grill. It was a day to enjoy all the gifts offered by friends and weather because who knows when the first snow will move us inside. :(

V

Status
Not open for further replies.