I Am Freezing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V,

So glad you made it home safely, after a wonderful day! Surely you've had a good sleep now, and hopefully feeling well today.

We have had nice weather too, altho I wouldn't call it warm. Highs in the low 60s (about 15 or 16 C), but at least dry so far. We did have some overnight temps close to freezing. I had to cut back my perennials this weekend, cuz already had some frost damage. So my flowerbeds have that "ready for winter" bare look now. Bummer.

I'm feeling great. :) Lots of water before bed chases away the chances of a hangover. I don't it often, but yesterday it was just so much fun. Sitting on the deck enjoying the warmth of weather, friends, great food and wine... a perfect day.

Just got back for taking the dogs to the off-leash park. It's 26C, and gorgeous again.

V

well, we do get those 'palmetto bugs' here in the Midlands of SC. We call them 'waterbugs' - Think we South Carolinians on FC oughta get together and share the Wealth with our Colorado sister.

ummmm, Ricky, I know you're not suggesting to send me a nasty bug in the mail.

Holy moly.. if you did that I would never speak to you again. Or after I die from the heart attack, I will haunt you!!

My house is surrounded by oaks trees (which they love) and it rained for the last 3 days (so they'll be coming out for air). I'm sure I could nab one. I'll pin it down and send it to you Shannon---he he he!! You know I'm just kidding!! :bouncy:

LOL - Haunt away Shannon

OMG!!!!

I wont be opening up anything from South Carolina!!

This morning I saw a MOUSE in my house!! I screamed like the lady on the old Tom and Jerry cartoons!! Then ran to the bathroom where my hubby was in the shower
still screaming "BABE THERE"S A MOUSE IN THE HOUSE"

So he get out of the shower and gets his gloves on and a flash light...

He inspects where I told him the mouse ran under.. nope, not there, then I tell him where I thought I had seen it before but I thought it was my imagination. And that was under a shelf behind a table.

So there he goes with his trusty flashlight and superhuman gloves to find the mouse...

da da da.....

Nope it's not there..

And just then...... ZOOM.............

"AAHHHHH!!!! THERE HE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I scream while doing the fat lady tippy toe dance..

"OH SHIIT!! WHERE?!?!?!?" He says as he hits his head on the table, knocking over the vase of flowers and everything else on it.

We didn't find the mouse.

his days are numbered.

Now, All joking aside - if you want to get rid of the mouse......Try this.....bait your mousetrap with a bit of CHOCOLATE CANDY, not cheese. They will GO ape for chocolate.

Place your traps in some selected areas where you think he may be or if you see little brown pills ( his feces ) place the traps near there.

Now, on to more serious issues - WHOSE days are numbered????? The Hubby or The Mouse.

Mice don't eat as much as husbands do.

Shannon,

You need a cat!

Ewww, once our kitty was sitting at the sliding glass door, wanting to come in. I let him in without realized he had a RAT in his mouth. GROSS! He dropped the nasty creature in the house, and it took off. We tried and tried to somehow trap the sucker to get him back outside, but no go. He RAN UP INSIDE THE BACK OF THE FRIDGE. Then he died in there! By midday the next day, there was this HIDEOUS smell! My hubby is pretty squeamish, but he did his manly duty and took the fridge apart and got the nasty thing out of there.

SO GROSS!

OMG Beth!.

This is just a little ole mouse not a big old rat, puke...

Ricky,
I'm not dealing with no gross trap.. D-con all the way baby!

We live only 2 blocks away from the Animas River. This happens usually in the garage at this time of the year.. It got cold and they want in. We have tons of wildlife in town in Durango, mountain lions and deers and bears. Even in our neighborhood! and I live right in town! So it stands to reason we'd see a stupid mouse or 2. Stupid mice. One day a BEAR was trying to get in the back door! yipes!
But it's nothing to see deer in town. I have deer in my yard almost everyday. They eat my flowers. They really like panseys.

My hubby put those sonic noise things in the garage to keep them out of the garage, so what do they do.. They come in here. This is the first time I ever seen a mouse in here.
Garage is one thing...House is another. I'm not trying to get hanta virus! So good by mouse!

But I told the mouse.. You can leave the easy way or the hard way..now it's up to the mouse to decide how he leaves my house.

D-con is no where near as effective as the traps baited with chocolate......plus.....d-con intensifies the decaying odor of the carcass if you don't get the dead mouse out fairly quickly.

No joking aside....all the other stuff with waterbugs and palmetto bugs is just our way of picking. They do exist......gross yes.....and quite harmless. mostly they serve as a good freak show for visiting yankees. Now, I would be quite scared of a bear trying to force his way into my house......for the simple reason that there have been documented cases of bears developing a taste for human prey.

On the other hand, just be thankful that you don't deal with a nasty little pest here called fire ants. They are a quite invasive in your yards, hard to eradicate, and their venom reacts with your body to give you a burning sensation at the bite site.....hence the name FIRE ant. Some people are as sensitive to the venom of the fireant as some people are to bee stings......enough stings to you or if you have developed the sensitivity....Fire ants can be fatal.

And doesn't D-Con take up to 5 days to kill them??

On the other hand, just be thankful that you don't deal with a nasty little pest here called fire ants. They are a quite invasive in your yards, hard to eradicate, and their venom reacts with your body to give you a burning sensation at the bite site.....hence the name FIRE ant. Some people are as sensitive to the venom of the fireant as some people are to bee stings......enough stings to you or if you have developed the sensitivity....Fire ants can be fatal.

Did ya know, if you sprinkle your yard with powdered clothes detergent and soak it in really well - the ants will leave - They'll take the underground tunnel to the neighbors yard but at least they'll be out of yours!!!:tongue

PS - it also works great to kill the mole crickets....

well, they are just relatively little bears.. Not big scary ass Grizzlies or polar.. Grizzly bears even eat black bears! yipes.
And we have big giant skunks and porcupines too!!

And he was just scratching at the door...I hope.

Nah, d-con embalms 'em's so to speak. from the inside out. besides they eat it and then go outside looking for water.

I gave him a choice, leave the easy way or the hard way..It's up to the mouse.
I tell spiders the same thing. well daddy long legs anyway. tarantulas and black widows don't have a chance..They better stay outside.
Daddy long legs can stick around so long as they stay out of my bed, shower, and sinks.

Oh yeah, I forgot..

do you think I'd waste chocolate on a gross mouse.. I don'r think so!

actually - I have heard of that and used it.....however, there is a relatively new pesticide out that does work also, I have used it several seasons now and have had NO problems with fire ants. The brand name is Over and Out. It comes in a blueish/silver bag - I get the 20 pound bags from Lowes for just a tad over 20 bucks. One time application in early spring kills the mounds, the ants, and they don't re-appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.