I Am Freezing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonlovesflowers

Oct 16, 2007
Albuquerque
State / Prov
New Mexico
It's only October 5th! It's been raining for 2 days and it's cold cold cold here.

Since heating costs are going to be so crazy, we are not starting up the heat until I just can't stand it no more. We've even had to start up the fire place 2 days in a row.

I love Christmas... hate winter.

Last year I think my heating bill got as high as $250 for a 1400 square foot house. That's just crazy talk.

I'm hoping it wont be as bad as last year.

how's it going where you are??

Rainy, rainy, rainy for 3 days now here. Not so cold, though.. highs in the 60s, lows in the 40s. Yeah, cold when I leave for work, but not so bad by 10 a.m.

Maybe some thermal long johns, Shannon? Hey, I used to wear pantyhose as extra insulation at times, under jeans and even under my powder pants (skiing back in the day).

it's kindof cold here too outside of chicago. (go sox!!!) at home, i've had to turn on the fireplace at night too. i don't want to turn on the heat just yet, but i may have to tomorrow morning to get the chill out. last winter was not too tough as far as cold weather goes, but it's anybody's guess how this year will be. that's chicago for you though.

Gorgeous here - 60's and mostly sunny, some clouds. Nights in the 50's - lovin it. I could live year round in autumn, or spring. Though my apparent new allergies are giving me a headache. Love getting old - all these cool new things happening to my body.

Love the foggy misty morning the most - so pretty in the early AM as the sun comes up. It's totally motivating to get outside in weather like this. We could use some rain, though.

This was a picture perfect autumn day. I took the dog and walked Springbank park... jeans and long sleeved shirts... I love days like this.

V

Highs in 80s, lows in high 60s. Sunny days. Severe drought conditions with water usage restrictions in place and being enforced.

Well It's not even Summer yet and it is a VERY Warm day....... Expecting a Storm this arvo....!

Jealous?????:)

Well I am happy to report it ACTUALLY RAINED!! Woohoo....rain here in CA finally after months of not a drop. I kid you not!

Shannon, I feel your pain--in reverse! A/c bill last two month $278 and $325---for a 900 sq ft home! Yikes. Still in the high 80's most days. Add that to suffering from mulitple hotflashes... meltdown time! The herbal remedy just ain't cutting it! LOL The only good weather news is that we haven't had a SERIOUS storm hit us directly and only 4 more weeks to go.

It is just about going cold really here now but our version of cold and yours may differ slightly due to the silly weather we get. Four seasons in a day.

V, i too love the autumn, love the crispness of it. I also love all the colours on the trees.

I try to embrace all seasons but its very difficult at 6.30 to embrace winter i have to say sometimes. We dont have any heating in the shop only a little gas heater so its fleece jackets all the way!!

Mild and wet where i am today. I am having a heater fitted in the workroom this week. We have been freezing in winter in previous years ! but it wont go on yet ???
Autumn is my favourite month, the flowers are yummy and foliages are gorgeous colours. Get to christmas and the flowers become spring ??? Tulips, Tetes, Daffs? Wierd ???:rolleyes:

I broke down and turned on the FURNACE friday and saturday. It's really hard to work when it's 57f inside.

We had hard frost saturday and sunday morning. Killed the remaining cut flower crop sigh :(
On a good note, it killed all the flies and the pollen count is going down.
So now my head aches only because of the changes in the weather.

Yep we had to turn on the heat too... had hard frost for a few nights... only 40 last night, 50 today, we've had a heat wave, but it's suppose to get cold again this weekend just in time to freeze our homecoming princesses!!! Hope they put longjohns on under thier gowns :)

Had snow, yes, snow in wakefield I heard. Won't be long now folks!!!

Iggy

been in the 30's at night here....frosts, no hard killing frost yet but we have snow on the mountain since Thurs night....
no furnace on, working on getting the pellet stove in the living room and it's dang chilly in my house....but keeping the hopes alive, walls are painted, 3/4 of rug pulled up in living room, 4X4 area of hardwood floor is stripped and waiting for polyurethane, then stone can be set for stove and hook it up !! Hopefully this week??
We're in the 50's expecting 60s for most of this week....

That surprises me about Connie having to deal with water restrictions.....I am about three hours away by car and we have been having 70 to 80 degree days and 40 to 50 degree nights. It has been pleasant and we have had some good rain. I have been using a small fan space heater in my great room early morning just to stave off the morning nip inside the house, but other than that.....weather here is great.

It helps that I am part of a co-op with my heating and cooling costs......the highest my electricity bill has been this year as of yet is 210.00. Just for comparison, my water bill hovers at around the 28.00 mark per month....even when we developed an outside leak....I was able to catch it in time and it only bumped the bill up to just over 55.00

I am with you Shannon!

I don't care what the temperatures read -- it is COLD!!! I have had the furnace on at home for over a week. I can't stand it being cold, and now this year I have a reason to turn the furnace on early -- an 8 month old who doesn't have a blanket in her crib! Our heating bill will be outrageous I am sure, but we had to do it. I am now counting the days until spring comes and the weather starts a warming trend instead of this cooling trend. And to make it worse it is dark too long in the morning, and gets dark too early in the evening. OK -- I have vented enough now.

We've been hovering between the mid 70s to very low 80s during the day and 50s at night. Mostly sunny with low humidity (thank GOD! SC can be soooo humid...now I can breathe!)

Ya'll are freakin' me out with those electric bills. WOW! My highest bill was $140 during peak air conditioning season. I'm sure it will go up some in the winter though. I'm on an electrical cooperative like Rick is...which helps keep costs down some.

Status
Not open for further replies.