Status
Not open for further replies.

master J

Jan 8, 2005
Havertown - Philadelphia
www.belvedereflowers.com
State / Prov
pa
UGGGHHH, is there anything more disgusting? We just got a delivery of plantgardens, and they all smell like cigarette smoke, its nasty, how can a flower shop have plants and flowers that smell like cigs??!! They must have smoked out their delivery truck on their way to me! ( I honestly think wholesalers or florist drivers should not smoke on their trucks, it stinks out everything!)

Another thing that pisses me off is customers who just flick their lit cigarette right outside my store before they come in! Butts all over my lot! It's totally disrespectfull!:wallhead:

Sorry for the rant!

UGGGHHH, is there anything more disgusting? We just got a delivery of plantgardens, and they all smell like cigarette smoke, its nasty, how can a flower shop have plants and flowers that smell like cigs??!! They must have smoked out their delivery truck on their way to me! ( I honestly think wholesalers or florist drivers should not smoke on their trucks, it stinks out everything!)

Another thing that pisses me off is customers who just flick their lit cigarette right outside my store before they come in! Butts all over my lot! It's totally disrespectfull!:wallhead:

Sorry for the rant!

We must be living the same life today...I had a customer come in more than 2 hours ago smelling of cigs and I can't get rid of the stink....I had to fire a delivery driver because the stench of smoke permeated the flowers and I got complaints and this lady didn't smoke with the flowers, hows that for ligering smell.

I hate

Sorry for the rant!
I hate discrimination. People stand up and talk about discrimination, in race and gender etc, but when it comes to smokers, it's OK.

People want their "rights" protected because they feel their rights are important. But if you have a good cause, taking away someone elses "rights" is OK.

I personally don't smoke. But I let the decision about smoking or not to the individual. Just my rant

Sfox

Sorry you took it that way, I am in no way saying people don't have the right to smoke and I don't hate anybody who smokes, my dad smokes , I just hate the smell and the butts thrown outside my door....

if I had an ice cream or water ice place next to me and there was trash and cups of ice cream and slushies all over the place, I would complain about that too...

I guess my subject line was a bit harsh but I in no way meant to offend anybody Sfox.

I'm an ex-smoker. I hate the smell, I hate the mess I hate everything about them. I hate that people throw the butts all over the place. I NEVER EVER used the ground as a garbage dump.

I fired a delivery company because they didn't comply with my no smokers rule. I had customer complaints.

I don't hire smokers for my seasonal help either.

Discrimination... nah. But if you think so that's ok by me. I don't discriminate based on colour, gender, race, sexual preferance... however if you smoke, I'm not hiring you. And I don't apologise for this either.

V

Oh and I HATE that my daughter smokes. She doesn't around me and if when she borrows my car and smokes in it, that priviedge is done. And by the way, my daughter is the best person I know and I love her without measure.

I hate discrimination. People stand up and talk about discrimination, in race and gender etc, but when it comes to smokers, it's OK.

People want their "rights" protected because they feel their rights are important. But if you have a good cause, taking away someone elses "rights" is OK.

I personally don't smoke. But I let the decision about smoking or not to the individual. Just my rant

I was watching something or other and they were discussing when it became 'ok' to stop a smoker on the street to tell them how disgusting they are but that as a society we find it wrong to stop an obese person and tell them that the next cheeseburger they eat could kill them.
Something to ponder..

I was watching something or other and they were discussing when it became 'ok' to stop a smoker on the street to tell them how disgusting they are but that as a society we find it wrong to stop an obese person and tell them that the next cheeseburger they eat could kill them.
Something to ponder..

Well, having just lost 50 pounds I would say that the cheeseburger or whatever faced me, is none of anyone's business... if you want to light up, go ahead, just not on my property and on my payroll.

V

Sorry for the rant!

Are you sure cigarettes are the culprit?

We use Nicotine Smoke Generators in the Greenhouse to kill certain insects.

That smoke lingers on the plants and the in the greenhouse for days after treatment.

Joe

Are you sure cigarettes are the culprit?

We use Nicotine Smoke Generators in the Greenhouse to kill certain insects.

That smoke lingers on the plants and the in the greenhouse for days after treatment.

Joe

Yes, it was cigarettes, the driver smoked out the truck. ( I talked to owner and he apologized...)

I'm an ex-smoker who still loves the smell of cigarette smoke - not on people clothes (yuk) but good old second hand smoke floating in the air. I stand in the middle of them when they're smoking.

So there

I'm an ex-smoker who still loves the smell of cigarette smoke - not on people clothes (yuk) but good old second hand smoke floating in the air. I stand in the middle of them when they're smoking.

So there

The first time I quit, I felt the same way Jon... even the second time. The third time, not so much. The smell turns my stomach. It's been 7 years now and I know that I'll not go back to it. :) I can't begin to think of how much money I've saved. Cigarettes up here are waaaaay expensive.

V

Smokers rights

I can't ignore this post even though I have looked at it several times and know that it will not make a difference if I answer it. But, here is my stand on the issue.

I could care less if anyone wants to smoke.......as long as I don't have to smell it, or have to pick up the butts, or lose customers because my delivery driver took a stinking smokey arrangement into their house.

Yes, it is your right to smoke as long as it doesn't affect others lives. If any one of you smokers lit up a cirgarette anywhere near me, I would have get an emergency shot just to live. I am highly allergic to nicotine. I am not allergic to an obese person next to me or any of the other examples used. It costs me thousands of dollars every time one of you decides to light up around me when I have to go to the emergency room.

Why should I have to wear a mask wherever I go out just so you can have your right to smoke? Yes, there are many places I can never go because of this allergy, but, really... in my own shop, around my own customers, etc.? I do carry an emergency mask with me in case I accidentally run into a smoker. Do you have any idea what it feels like to not be able to breath because someone was exercising their "Right to Smoke". Do you know how embarrasing it is to whip out a mask in front of that person in the crowd? Do you know how scary it is to to give yourself a life saving shot in a crowd? All this, just because "you have your right to smoke?

Sorry for the rant.....but, if any of you have lived with this situation, you would not be so amicable either.

Carol Bice

I don't think I violate the smokers rights when I say smoke down wind of me and keep your stinking clothes out of my vehicles.....what about my rights to clean air and lower health costs....and I also agree that I don't want to pick up cigarette trash or be around it either...and I quit 20 some years ago...what about my rights to walk into a building without having to face the cloud of smokers outside...
Sher

For JB and Joe Mioux

I have now been tobacco free for 31 Days....approx.

I lust for the day when NavyBrat, Jeannieballarinie, and all the other cool chicks stand next to us and blow cigarette smoke all over us. But I ain't smokin cigarettes no more no matter what.

All the best

JB, I do as well!

I have now been tobacco free for 31 Days....approx.

I lust for the day when NavyBrat, Jeannieballarinie, and all the other cool chicks stand next to us and blow cigarette smoke all over us. But I ain't smokin cigarettes no more no matter what.

All the best

I also like the smell of skunk, as long as the skunks are far away.

Smokers? They can be a lot closer to me. ;)

The one thing I can stand is walking in a tavern and walking out with "that smell" That is really offensive. Also, when a smoker smokes too much in a short period or they have been confined in a small area where they smell of smoke is just as offensive.

I don't know why, but second hand smoke doesn't bother me at all.

joe

Funny that this discussion is being discussed here as it is also being discussed another forum I frequent.

Here is what one poster said about cigarettes.

"I quit when my first child was born.

The things I didn't know~!! I thought my body could "heal" from what nicotine did. I was one of those who thought that if you smoked young it was OK 'cause you'd heal.

Little did I know that I was merely giving cancer an early foothold. The oddest thing about nicotine is that it binds specifically to certain cellular components sending them a molecular signal that they should not die. This, in spite of doing those same cells such damage that normally they'd die off and get replaced. So cells that should be replaced don't die but they are damaged and that damage leads to mutations in cellular replication.

Because of the nicotine there are vastly greater number of cells that replicate and mutate. This one set of facts raises dramatically the chance that one of them mutations will "take" become viable, and be able to eat, and replicate. That is a cancer.

Interestingly only nicotine is known to do this. Marijuana does not. The smoke can harm or kill cells but, there is no inhibitor to the cellular death so when you hurt 'em bad enough they die and are replaced before they can mutate." Cliff R......

I found this comment one of the most compelling comments about the evils of cigarettes and one of the best reasons to never start. This is the warning that should be displayed on the cig packs as well as on a big sign behind the cigarette displays.

Joe

Something to ponder..[/quote]

It is not OK to tell a smoker how disgusting they are. It is OK to say that the smoke they are breathing out at you is disgusting if there is now way for you to get away from it. It isn't the person that is the problem it is the product released that is a problem(smoke and butts that litter)

I am an obese person. The hamberger I eat may just kill me. If my fat azz was to lazy to walk to a barrel and I dropped my hamgerger wrap in front of your store, it would be quite OK for you to say something. Until my habits affect your life it is really none of your business.

I don't happen to like extremely drunk obnoxious people, but until they actually affect me I let them live their extremely drunk life as they want. Smokers can smoke all they want in their house, in their car, alone in a field, but when they bring that smoke into my area I need to make a choice. If they intend to stay, I tell them they stink and fix it usually close friends. If they are only going to be around for a few minutes I deal(usually customers). Just yesterday a customer came in for all of a few minutes but his stench stayed many hours behind and made me gag. My Fat body comes and goes without ever leaving anything but a painful memory to those that are bothered by my sight.

Sher

I don't think I violate the smokers rights when I say smoke down wind of me and keep your stinking clothes out of my vehicles.....what about my rights to clean air and lower health costs....and I also agree that I don't want to pick up cigarette trash or be around it either...and I quit 20 some years ago...what about my rights to walk into a building without having to face the cloud of smokers outside...
Sher

Sher, your post make the point perfectly. You believe your rights trumps the other guys. That how things get out of hand. How can you protect any rights if people are willing to trade away the rights of others.

I don't like smoke myself. I really don't like smelling it if not necessary, but I still respect the other guys decision.

Sher, your post make the point perfectly. You believe your rights trumps the other guys. That how things get out of hand. How can you protect any rights if people are willing to trade away the rights of others.

I don't like smoke myself. I really don't like smelling it if not necessary, but I still respect the other guys decision.

It is not that I think "my rights" trump someone else's but neither do theirs "trump" mine. What is your point? After working as a Registered Nurse for over 22 years, feel free to walk a ward with me and see the effects of smoking or better yet the effects of "second" hand smoke...look at the rise of health costs...the largest contributor to that is treating the cancers, the emphysemas, the allergic reaction to smoke itself, the damages done by smokers to themselves. Smoking is a hazard to your health and to those around you...it costs this country millions of dollars to treat the uninsured and costs those of us who struggle monthly to pay for insurance much more than it should...years ago, it was determined that it is not a "good thing"...yet you want me to fell that it is ok to have it around me and that a smoker has a right to smoke around me..well I do not. .Yes I believe in personal choice...but I am a firm advocate of personal responsibility. You want to smoke...you should pay for the priviledge to do so in higher health costs etc...and you do not have the right do to it in my shop, my house, near me or around my family. Simple.Thats my soapbox...appreciate your point of view, will not belabor it but in this case I am exerting my right to tell you ...this is a non-smoking area.
Sher

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.