I hate cigarettes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we oughta just shoot the fukkerz.

:spintongu

Reactions: 1 person

ROTFLMAO!

You know the question for me is moot... I mean really. My opinion on smoking should be self explanatory on the butt tossing (there's an image for everyone), issue. It's rude, crude, disrespectful, disgusting, period. FYI I used to smoke and I NEVER EVER EVER tossed the butts anywhere but in the ashtray.

V

I have been reading this thread but emotionally unable to respond, because we buried our mother yesterday morning. She died of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease brought on by bronchitis and a 2 pack a day 30 year habit. Ironically, She stopped smoking 37 years ago. She has seriously, progressively declined this last four years. Mom had other serious illnesses, for which the treatment was greatly complicated by the COPD.

Mom was almost 85 and she was still interested in living, and life, she doted on her children and grandchildren, and was delighted with her great grandchildren, ages 7, 6, and 5. She was loved very much by all of the above.

For those of you who smoke, QUIT, you are not only dooming yourself to a painful, agonizing slow death, but you are also dooming those that love you to a terrible state of helplessness, sorrow and loss.

Like Sher, I was an RN for 37 years, I knew when my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer 17 years ago and subsequently died 15 years ago, and my mom was diagnosed with COPD, I knew how this was going to end. I told my husband a few weeks ago, part of me wants this to be over for my mom and yet when it is over, I will not have a mom.

Susan

Reactions: 1 person
I have been reading this thread but emotionally unable to respond, because we buried our mother yesterday morning. She died of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease brought on by bronchitis and a 2 pack a day 30 year habit. Ironically, She stopped smoking 37 years ago. She has seriously, progressively declined this last four years. Mom had other serious illnesses, for which the treatment was greatly complicated by the COPD.
Like Sher, I was an RN for 37 years, I knew when my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer 17 years ago and subsequently died 15 years ago, and my mom was diagnosed with COPD, I knew how this was going to end. I told my husband a few weeks ago, part of me wants this to be over for my mom and yet when it is over, I will not have a mom.

Susan
I'm so sorry .... my mother passed from an Asthma attach brought on by COPD & Emphysema, from a long dependence on cigarettes. It's heartbreaking to watch someone not be able to breathe.

Thoughts to you, for your loss.
tracy

Susan, if I could you would have a hug. My sympathies to you and your family.

V

thats more like it...commitment!!

fargin bastages.....

Here in the UK we have over the last few years been re-educating dog owners,the inconsiderate ones who never cleaned up after there dog had fouled the grass or pavement,its taken a while, but it was once acceptable according to many pet owners to let there pet foul and do nothing about it,not anymore, a common site is a dog walker with a plastic bag in hand scooping up dog poo...and then putting a warm bag of poo in their pocket whilst they get to a dog poo bin... now if society/public opinion can get someone to scoop up warm dog poo and then put it in yor coat pocket..yuk....surely if society/public opinion can get someone to pick up warm poo, then its not gonna be that hard for us to re-educate a smoker that its no longer acceptable to litter the streets.
Keep chipping away little by little and we will have a whole heap better world,if you cant change the big things chip away at the little uns...

Mom was almost 85 and she was still interested in living, and life, she doted on her children and grandchildren, and was delighted with her great grandchildren, ages 7, 6, and 5. She was loved very much by all of the above.

For those of you who smoke, QUIT, you are not only dooming yourself to a painful, agonizing slow death, but you are also dooming those that love you to a terrible state of helplessness, sorrow and loss.

Susan
I grieve with you, my heart goes out to you and your family and my prayers are with you to offer some strength. When my husband Joe passed away last Feb, part of his diagnosis was lung cancer and emphysema ...and he had stopped smoking 20 years ago ...so it is never to early to quit. I am so sorry that you lost your Mother...we really are never prepared are we? I am here if you need to talk,
Sher

Here in the State of Queensland ( Australia) it was made ILLEGAL to smoke in most public areas... such as indoors like shopping centres, areas where food is served, pubs and clubs etc etc. You cannot also smoke in cars where their is a child.

Basically it has been made very hard for people to light up anywhere except your own home.

It has been this way for about 2 years now and believe me it has made life much more plesant. It is wonderful to be able to go out to a Pub and not come home with your hair and clothes stinking of Cigarettes.

I am not a smoker and the Smell always made me feel sick on the stomach so I and many of the general public have welcomed this legisation.

We just got back from a family vacation-a Baja Cruise. We took our 15 year old Grand Daughter with us. Instead of flying down, we decided to drive all 6 of us in my van to save some money. Chelsea said "Grandma, I am so glad that you guys don't smoke. My other Grandma does and it is really hard for me to breath when I go places with her. Then it affects me for a long time afterwards." I would love to have a law that protects kids that otherwise can't act for themselves.

Susan

Susan,

My sympathies to you. It is never easy to lose a parent, especially because of health issues that you spoke of. Special hugs to you.

Twila

Hi Twila...:)

How was your trip?? - Hope you are all rested and ready to take on next week... I am sure you will be looking for another break after VD is all over LOL..

Hi Twila...:)

How was your trip?? - Hope you are all rested and ready to take on next week... I am sure you will be looking for another break after VD is all over LOL..

Karla,

We had a good time, but looking back, I think that I should have gone after Valentine's Day instead of before. I look like an "Island Gal"--had my hair braided in Ensenada. It's fun--getting some interresting looks tho. It sure is easy to get ready in the morning!

I thought that I was staffed up for the holiday(before I left), but have already had problems. We have already gone thru three people for one possition! One person ended up accepting a full-time possition somewhere else - one day of payroll down the tubes. So I called another in for Monday-she never showed. After an hour and a half, I called someone else. She was so excited and grateful. She thanked Jonathon and I several times throughout the day and talked about all the things that she was going to buy from the shop the next 2 weeks. We were kind of excited. When I got home last night, she called and said that she only wanted a job for 4 hours a day-a second day of payroll down. This morning I called a friend in and she is going to work thru V-day. Where is the work ethic that we have? Hopefully have solved the problems and will be smooth sailing from here on. I've never had this happen before. Maybe I'll cross my fingers...

Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Week!

T

Karla,

We had a good time, but looking back, I think that I should have gone after Valentine's Day instead of before. I look like an "Island Gal"--had my hair braided in Ensenada. It's fun--getting some interresting looks tho. It sure is easy to get ready in the morning!

I thought that I was staffed up for the holiday(before I left), but have already had problems. We have already gone thru three people for one possition! One person ended up accepting a full-time possition somewhere else - one day of payroll down the tubes. So I called another in for Monday-she never showed. After an hour and a half, I called someone else. She was so excited and grateful. She thanked Jonathon and I several times throughout the day and talked about all the things that she was going to buy from the shop the next 2 weeks. We were kind of excited. When I got home last night, she called and said that she only wanted a job for 4 hours a day-a second day of payroll down. This morning I called a friend in and she is going to work thru V-day. Where is the work ethic that we have? Hopefully have solved the problems and will be smooth sailing from here on. I've never had this happen before. Maybe I'll cross my fingers...

Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Week!

T

Love to see a photo of you hair...:spintongu LOL

Staff - Well I decided after a couple of shockers that they are just NOT worth it....and compounding that theory is My Hubby who manages a staff of about 50 coming home each night and telling me every horror story of the day....Just when I think I have heard it all, he surprises me......Yes, it is VERY hard to find anybody with a good work ethic, He reckons he had to marry me cause I am one of the very few staff that was worth keeping - Still not sure how to take that one ..LOL Oh And he is handy too I guess - I put him to work here on his days off so I suppose it worked both ways...

Hope you have a very profitable VD and the staff issues work out...Karla.

6 days into this...

UGGGHHH, is there anything more disgusting? We just got a delivery of plantgardens, and they all smell like cigarette smoke, its nasty, how can a flower shop have plants and flowers that smell like cigs??!! They must have smoked out their delivery truck on their way to me! ( I honestly think wholesalers or florist drivers should not smoke on their trucks, it stinks out everything!)

Another thing that pisses me off is customers who just flick their lit cigarette right outside my store before they come in! Butts all over my lot! It's totally disrespectfull!:wallhead:

Sorry for the rant!

Totally agree. Drivers are NOT allowed to smoke in or NEAR our vans...clearly stated in employee manual. We have a designated smoking section outside for employees, and THE SMOKERS are responsible for cleaning up their butts.

Hate it too...

BTW, over 1,000 views on this post... Is that right???

- H.

I would love to have a law that protects kids that otherwise can't act for themselves.
Twila

Twila, we are working towards making it illegal to smoke in cars when kids are present.

Oaf may think it's abit "draconian"... I'm ok with that.

V

Did you use a bong Tom?

Wonderful place,but a tad,even for me draconian.My beef isnt with the act of smoking no no no,its with (and i make no apologies for this)the fact that a smoker generates more refuse/litter on the streets that i walk on than any other group that i know of,AND WHY? it's because we let em.

Draconian. Not to me, second hand smoke triggers severe migraine headaches and allergy-based asthma attacks in me. No smoking at all in public places sounds divine. Litter is nasty, litter is gross, more people need to be slapped upside the head about it but it doesn't physically assault people - cigarette smoke can.

I'm one of the people who is affected by this stuff, loose a week's worth of work and umpteen hospital visits to an allergic reaction and you'll redefine draconian.

split the difference

Twila, we are working towards making it illegal to smoke in cars when kids are present.

Oaf may think it's abit "draconian"... I'm ok with that.

V
Sorry Victoria,over here a "tad" is a whole lot less than a "bit",(THINK INCY WINCY = TAD) i'm good with draconian too!!..My idea of draconian well you don't wanna know,suffice to say i would gladly rub a dog owners face in uncleaned up poo, if the occasion arose,so smokers may rather i didnt come clean on my true feelings!!!
Q,If smoke is sooooo good how come when a smoker is in a car they wind a window down??
To me surely travelling in a car with the window shut would be a double bonus they exhale it and can suck as much of it back in as they like...but no they open a window and let some of there valuable smoke escape...me thinks this is perhaps because second time around maybe its not quite "as nice"...WELL WELCOME TO A NON SMOKERS PERSPECTIVE IT "AINT NICE!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.