Im suffering with online orders, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions.

Bloomz i totally agree about the login page which is why we altered my page slightly with the login option and have made the other option more prominent and explained on it that they dont have to login. This has been done i think now for about a week or two. This is when the go button must have stopped working.

I like the black background and think it looks snappy but i do agree that some of the pics look a bit dull. I am going to look at the gift bouquet page and see if i can add more brightly coloured products. I tend to go monochromatic as most of my customers have told me they prefer one or two colours in a bouquet not tons, also i have read studies that suggest this also.

SEO is great, the search engines find me no problem and in a lot of cases ( i check daily) i come up top just under the sponsored listings.

Bloomz, i want to get those people who are not calling, this is what i think of. I want every internet order there is for widnes..

Queen, i also think you are right. I was told there was not enough but i think i may have gone overboard on this. Thanks.

I have also got it on my message about the online ordering (i learnt that here).

Thanks so much to those of you who have taken the time to look at my site and make suggestions, i appreciate its a boring job but i really did need an extra few pairs of eyes and i am going to sit down later today and try to address each point.

Goldie,

Which browser are you using? We've tested that button in IE, FF, Opera, Safari and Chrome. We're able to submit test orders and some customers have placed orders on Paula's site - so I'm thinking that the button issue must be an intermittent issue related to a certain browser type or version.

I know JB's an Internet Exporer guy - but he's probably sharp enough to at least be using IE7. Are you on 7 as well, running the IE8 beta, or an older version 6? Or something else entirely different?

Ryan

Reactions: Palms
I think most people are used to phoning you. Some people like to order online and some
like to have the confirmation of the conversation. I do think it will take awhile for
people to get the hang of your online ordering. Plus, your town just isn't used to
it yet. I am getting more online orders now than I did a year ago when I first put the ecommerce site up.
I like the black background alot, it makes it pop, but some of the photos just
need more pop to them . Lighting.
Anyway. I'd be happy as you can be that they are at least CALLING!

Goldie,

Which browser are you using? We've tested that button in IE, FF, Opera, Safari and Chrome. We're able to submit test orders and some customers have placed orders on Paula's site - so I'm thinking that the button issue must be an intermittent issue related to a certain browser type or version.

I know JB's an Internet Exporer guy - but he's probably sharp enough to at least be using IE7. Are you on 7 as well, running the IE8 beta, or an older version 6? Or something else entirely different?

Ryan

My button is not working either Ryan but its only since the changes. I have no idea what browser i am on, dont even know what a browser is:dunce:dunce

Ryan it's working for me today with IE7.

Goldie,

Ryan

Funny, it's workign now. IE7.

Another difference I noticed between today and yesterday.

Today, if I move the cur onto the Go button, I see "https://www.about-flowers.co.uk/registration/shopping" at the bottom of the window. Yesterday, I didn't see this.

Before you noticed this problem i had already noticed it and emailed jim so perhaps he just fixed it anyway?

To be clear - I changed the type of button this morning. If it wasn't working for some people, I wasn't going to wait around.

I would, however, like to find out in what circumstances was the old button not working.

I love it.

The only thing that I would do to keep people from leaving your site to soon is can you have a little less text at the top or have some arrangements closer to the top?

I know its a screen shot from a 15 inch monitor but I still have to scroll down before I see any flowers.

I am so jealous of that black background!! Don't worry it takes a little time to get people to order from the website. Be patient

Attachments

• About Flowers Screen Shot.JPG
    About Flowers Screen Shot.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 15

Learning to talk to your customers online is needed for a successful online flower shop...

Traditionally, we have spoken in a "monologue" form to consumers.
Sometimes in print ads, TV, or billboards... we talk at consumers saying, "Here I am, this is what do." If people bought our flowers, then whatever we were saying was working... And if they didn't, then it wasn't.

The internet has changed marketing forever...

Coupons are a proven way to increase sales for small businesses, so use E-coupons to increase online sales...

E-coupons are to encourage "on the fence" customers to purchase from your website online now, instead of waiting for a better deal or calling the flower shop.
Example:
Get $5.00 cash back when you order online

Big Hint:
E-coupons could be used for your customer loyalty program, a reward for return purchases (you know, for the customer that buys once and never returns), incentives (free shipping or for a percentage discount), first time customer benefits, increasing add-on sales (buy 1 balloon get 2), subscriber incentive (sign up for our e-newsletter or blog, get discount)

It's good to see how the Black Background looks.....

I painted the outside of my shop black recently and because I wanted the theme to follow thru I chose a Black background for my soon to be "New" site... I personally think it looks Great...!!! Was slighlty concerned I guess but now after seeing yours Palms, I'm happy with the decision. :spintongu

It's good to see how the Black Background looks.....

I painted the outside of my shop black recently and because I wanted the theme to follow thru I chose a Black background for my soon to be "New" site... I personally think it looks Great...!!! Was slighlty concerned I guess but now after seeing yours Palms, I'm happy with the decision. :spintongu
Would love to see the outside of your shop! Sounds very cool.
My site has a black background and I just love it.
www.stemsaflowershop.com

Reactions: Palms and geebf
I love it.

The only thing that I would do to keep people from leaving your site to soon is can you have a little less text at the top or have some arrangements closer to the top?

I know its a screen shot from a 15 inch monitor but I still have to scroll down before I see any flowers.

I am so jealous of that black background!! Don't worry it takes a little time to get people to order from the website. Be patient

Thanks Eric, i added that text after this thread to let people know that i do same day delivery and the areas which i deliver to. A couple of people sent me messages to say i should do this and i have to say i agree. But i also agree with you, trouble is how do i do this now, i need that info to hit people the minute they get to my page but i also need them to see my pics? Arghhhhhhh, if anyone has suggested text i would love to hear it???

I'd move it to the bottom so it effective for SEO but not so necessary to see right away - people are not really looking for a florist - they are looking for flowers, if that makes sense. Get those flowers in view right away, IMO

It's like a person that buys a drill doesn't really want a drill - what they want is holes in things.

I love the black background and actually used it when I first created my site back in 1999. Heard some negative rumblings a while back, so I since changed it. Perhaps we're all ready for it now. Yours looks great!

I do have a suggestion: Perhaps you could add the word "Shown" in your pricing options. The purchaser may not be able to discern the price of the actual pictured item. Keep the other pricing options, just let them know which price (size) is pictured.

Keep the faith....we track all our new customers and fully 80% of those who call find us online.

Eric, took your advice and got rid of the babble at the top. Left the important stuff up there that i want to hit them in the face when they get to my page... and guess what....

I have had four orders TODAY!!!!!!! Not all mothers day ones either.

Thank you so much for everyone for helping. I am still going to altar the things that have been suggested but just wanted to let you all know.

I am chuffed to bits :yourock:

Well done Palms...great news !!! personally a login page with password would put me off going any further ?? I just dont think thats neccessary for a flower delivery ! But i see you have option to continue the buying process without login in ? I love your site and the colours are fab !!:yourock:

Status
Not open for further replies.