Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you easily test for pot usage like a breathalizer test for alcohol? Is there a similar, easy, non-invasive test for marijuana?
Not a breath test...

We use 5 and 10 panel urine tests at the shelter. We also use them at home on the kids at random...just to keep them honest...has worked pretty well so far ;)

Reactions: sandytf
Boss, when I worked in the hospital we used the "pee" tests and sometines the courts ordered hair follicile tests too, but do you know if the pee tests can tell if someone was smoking just recently as would be necessary in a DUI situation? Interesting question Sandy.

Boss, when I worked in the hospital we used the "pee" tests and sometines the courts ordered hair follicile tests too, but do you know if the pee tests can tell if someone was smoking just recently as would be necessary in a DUI situation? Interesting question Sandy.
In a "pee" test, smoke can be picked up 10 days later...

On a related note, just read this morning that Florida will no longer be offering substance treatment in our prisons. Have they lost their minds?
First of all it saved us 11 Million dollars last year as judges offered shorter prison stays if inmates finished the program. Second the recidivisim rate went way down with the programs in place. Third we will have to build more jails (the existing ones are already overcrowded, with a federal cap in place) to hold all those folks.
Last I heard the AA/NA folks who were willing to go in and teach classes were having a very tough time getting in there too. I'm hoping that at least they will support those programs more to offer some services to inmates who are looking for treatment.
Just sickening.

Reactions: Toddxxx
In a "pee" test, smoke can be picked up 10 days later...

I knew it was a long time, I was told 30 days actually, but in a DUI situation, they would have to be able to prove that you were under the influance within a few hour window. No buzz will last 10 days, LOL.

I think it's 30 days for pot too.

I took a class once in failed UA tests.

(I failed)

So, how is all this working out in the countries that have legalized pot? The only one I know much about is the Netherlands and that country is a huge mess. What is happening in the others? Has it cut down on the usage or has the usage gone up?

Carol Bice

Well it is not legal here but the discussion comes up every now and again and creates much debate. It was dropped a category if i remember correctly and then put back up.

If Holland is anything to go by i would not like it to be legal in the Uk, would that then be a tourist attraction for pot heads?

Reactions: Carol Bice
this thread is making my hair hurt.

FTR: The general consensus here with FC posters is cigarettes are bad but pot is good.?.?.?.?

and as far as medicinal use.... can't pharmecutical companies extract the good parts of marijuana and put it in a liquid or pill form that woundn't cause lung damage via the smoking of the product?

joe

You don't need a pharmecutical company to make a good batch of brownies. Yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.